car' damage.

firetron

If pay and spray is out....how do we repair our car's???? - has any info been realesed on this. if so what??

sh*t didnt mean to post in New's and info can a mod move this topic please. Again sorry.

Edited by firetron

oh no you di'n't!

Oh yes he di'd!

But yeah, this is where all the news goes. Everything else goes in IV's main forum. smile.gif

Also, I think in one of the previews they said they went to respray their car... I'm pretty sure it's back, but not 100%.

I'm thinking i read somewhere (not sure where) that pay and spray was in, but did was not available for reducing wanted level only car repair. sorry no link

There is a screenshot in the gallerie (last at second page if you order from oldest), where you can see a "car parts" label in the background. You can also see the words "car service" (what could mean more than taxi service) in the video about Roman at the official site. This and thinking of Brucie, who runs a garage, I'm quite sure there are a lot abilities to fix your car. And by common sense, it has to be possible anyhow. More interessting for me is the question, if you can pimp or upgrade your car. It would be a nice feature if you could make your car bulletproof or add some extras. But we will see shortly smile.gif

Pay & Spray was never mentioned officially. It has not been said in or out wink.gif

Wanted level = not with pay and spray? That would completely destroy the whole purpose.

You can argue "Oh, what about if I want to repair my ride"

HOW many times have you used pay and spray to fix a car and NOT because you had 2 stars? Right?

So... Whether it's in or not, the function of Pay & Spray is to paint the car and make it look different,

repairing it is only and always has only been an added perk. Right? Yes.

Even if you used it to maybe keep a car you payed to hook up in TF, you lose your paint job,

so it is Not a repair shop, it is a Disguise shop. A police bribe but with a different face.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I wonder how cool it would be if, as in real life, cars were not so disposable? That is, I wonder at how realistic this game is going to get. We already know that doing the actual act won't be a simple hop-in and drive off affair. So, in keeping with that realistic bent, what if a car you'd jacked previously and left down by the docks was traced back to the original owner? What happens next? I understand that some sort of police computer is going to be involved in the game so this would add that extra level of realism.

However, given the sheer quantity of cars in the city may preclude that little gem.

I like the idea of Roman's depot doubling as a service garage (a la the show, Taxi- altho they only worked on their own cabs)- it would make things less cartoony (Pay n Spray, I loved it but realized that it could only exist in a cartoon world) and it would definitely look seedier, in keeping with the game's general tone.

Going back to the car disposability thing- if cars couldn't just be taken and held onto (original owner would, at some point, miss his wheels right?) w/out ramifications then that opens up the possibility of chop shops. I'm sure it'd work much like a P&S but more elaborate in realism. Think Gone in 60 Seconds type chop shops.

I'm thinking i read somewhere (not sure where) that pay and spray was in, but did was not available for reducing wanted level only car repair. sorry no link

Yeah I read the same thing.