disappearing cars ?

captin-slow

I just wondered if your car will still dissapear in IV i haven't heard anything about this.

thanks

Doubt it, remember if u can scar enviorment. then that means u can leave a car parked somewhere come back a week l8r if ints not jacked itll be their imo

Well it has to disappear sometime. If they don't the entire city will be filled with abandoned vehicles.

R* hasn't said anything yet so nobody knows.

This has been discussed in This topic and and this topic

Edited by Mikesta

I just wondered if your car will still dissapear in IV i haven't heard anything about this.

thanks

i hope it doesnt cos i hated it wen i got outta car just to go get somthin like a gun and my presous car that took me ages to find just disaperes. or if it does disappear maybe u see it driving around later cos sum1 stole it just an idea

Tonay_Montana

I just hope that if you see some guy that you want to kill, but he speeds away all crazily; "ped style"

that you will have a chance to see the same guy later on in the game and kill him, or head him off by waiting around the block.

In san andreas you see a guy going around the block but you try to head him off on the next street corner, he will be gone and replaced with a new car spawn, which kinda sucks

I know they have to dissapear at some point but in other GTA's you couldn't leave a car for even a few minutes to go into a shop.

I know they have to dissapear at some point but in other GTA's you couldn't leave a car for even a few minutes to go into a shop.

In the hands on PS mag, they said we drove across town and when we came back to a particular spot where a mission took place enemy cars were still parked on the street.

They're gonna have to disappear after a certain time, I remember reading some where that it'll still happen but you'll have to go further away for it to happen.

In the hands on PS mag, they said we drove across town and when we came back to a particular spot where a mission took place enemy cars were still parked on the street.

maybe, but weren't those mission cars?

on one of the interviews a rockstar spokesmen said yes cars would disappear, but with next gen cars won't magically go away if you near it like san andreas.

Yeah, it'll disappear sometime, but hopefully you can put a larger distance between you and the car, and that it will stay for a longer period of time.

Yeah I think they will, but only when you go like halfway across the whole city.

Well not that far I hope..

OK the dissappearance in the old GTA3 trilogy was too frequent.. But it severs the greater purpose. If the cars would not blow up when tipped over or disappear when left alone we would have a huge problem with cars lying around everywhere.. biggrin.gif

So .. if you manage to get your car tipped over, it will explode and after that disappear, if you abandon your vechicle it will dissappear, but not as fast as it used to..

Lets say you run around a block, your car would still be there. But if you chance the neighbourhood it will dissappear since the game keeps loading new stuff in the background (as the PS3 preview stated).

They said they won't disappear unless you a far distance from it.

I hope that distance is atleast half a map or island away

I hope if you park your car in a car park close by and you return later on its still there. I had a nice car modified from Arch Angels, left the car outside nicely parked cool.gif went to the dragon, the gambling place, won a few money and then I came out, its not there anymore... mad.gif I hope they have upgraded this feature in the game or atlease by able to lock it. And when your not using the car for driving, the lights should come off, they mostly stays on when you parked outside.

As with the other games I'm sure they'll stick around.. somemtimes.

In the last three games there was a few times when I'd 'park' a car, go around teh corner to do whatever, go back, and it's gone.

Other times I'd 'park' a car, go do a race or a mission that taeks me far from the starting point and get back to find my smash-ed up car is sitting there.

What I'd like is better draw distance for peds AND cars.

thanks

i hope it doesnt cos i hated it wen i got outta car just to go get somthin like a gun and my presous car that took me ages to find just disaperes. or if it does disappear maybe u see it driving around later cos sum1 stole it just an idea

well, i dont remember this happening in vice city or san andreas, it only happened if someone jacked ur car OR if u entered 2 other cars..... like if u exit ur car, get in another car...... and drive around for ages..... when u return, ur first car is still there...

but if u left ur first car, got into another car and then into another car, chances are, your first car is gone....

hopefully in IV the amount of cars the memory holds is at least 5....