Jefferson Motel

xNamexTakenx

I went inside the Jefferson Motel for the first time. It's pretty stupid, because you can't do anything inside! IMO, it's pretty pointless. Don't you think? Sure there's a Sprunk vendor inside, but that's too boring! I know it's where the mission Reuniting The Families takes place, but why lol? It would be cool if there was a save point in there. What's the point of having an interior, if there's nothing to do inside?

I agree, I always wondered why there was nothing to do inside. I only went there once, then I never went back in ph34r.gif .

What's the point of having an interior, if there's nothing to do inside?

You could say the same thing about a lot of places in this game. Get over it. sigh.gif

AceOfDeath666

i heard that if u go in there at night, plant a satchel in every room, spin around 3 times and detonate them, CJ's mom will come out and give u a cookie! cookie.gif

PS: ^ = LIE!!!

I went inside the Jefferson Motel for the first time. It's pretty stupid, because you can't do anything inside! IMO, it's pretty pointless. Don't you think? Sure there's a Sprunk vendor inside, but that's too boring! I know it's where the mission Reuniting The Families takes place, but why lol? It would be cool if there was a save point in there. What's the point of having an interior, if there's nothing to do inside?

As with most interiors and some open places like the survivalists farm or Madd Dogg's mansion, there is nothing going on there except when missions take place there

Steve

Yeah, those survivalists...They clearly took it very hard when CJ jacked their harvester. Went completely underground. Shame, really, 'cause it would've been nice to go up there and pick a fight with them every now and then.

Yeah, those survivalists...They clearly took it very hard when CJ jacked their harvester. Went completely underground. Shame, really, 'cause it would've been nice to go up there and pick a fight with them every now and then.

It's not just after CJ takes the harvester. They're nowhere to be seen if you visit the farm before that mission. I agree, it would be more fun if they were there all the time and if the other places were occupied all the time, not just during missions.

Steve

Really pointful topic you got there Name Taken.not really.

Almsot a quater of the game is a dead spot and your woring about the Jefferson hotel?...Its great just for that mission.

espcially when those swat break through walls.

Almsot a quater of the game is a dead spot and your woring about the Jefferson hotel?...Its great just for that mission.

I like the one that hangs down from the ceiling like jean Reno in Léon (1994) icon14.gif

Steve

I like the one that hangs down from the ceiling like jean Reno in Léon (1994) icon14.gif

Steve

I always shoot him in the head.

I think just hangs there after death.

I agee about the save point in the motel you have one at every other hotel and motel in las venturas, the jefferson motel could also be the short stay inn for the hood rats and hos.

And talking of the Jefferson Hotel (and so keeping it on topic), why is it that in mission Reuniting the Families, if you go into one of the rooms and the young lady there gives you "a little honey", why does it reduce your health? You'd think it would give CJ a boost if anything biggrin.gif

Steve

And talking of the Jefferson Hotel (and so keeping it on topic), why is it that in mission Reuniting the Families, if you go into one of the rooms and the young lady there gives you "a little honey", why does it reduce your health? You'd think it would give CJ a boost if anything biggrin.gif

Steve

Oh yeah, I remember that one....shes a HO and I belive its for the rescue.

I didn't notice that I health went down!!

Grand Theft Grandpa

Man, I heard that!! It`d also be nice to have the actual military guys patrolling Area 69 full-time too, not just idiot cops showing up if you intrude. I`d like to see more "forbidden" places, sort of like the military base in VC. Except that Tommy V. was alright going in there as long as he was wearing the police uniform. I want a place (or several) that must be entered with guns blazing and/or great stealth to survive, with no valid or safe way to enter.

Back on topic, the motel is great for the mission, but otherwise pretty worthless. There`ve been quite a few threads in past about this idea...lots of buildings and space with relatively little to do. Those of us who`ve played the GTA series extensively have lamented the fact that alot of the space in GTA cities is "wasted". That`s true to a certain extent, but maybe R* can address that in GTA 4, given newer and more powerful hardware to work with. Having said all of that, I still love San Andreas and Vice City, and give R* credit for making such great games. There isn`t much I`d change about them, even if I could.

One thing i never understood about that mission was why the Special Weapons And Tactics team shows up. It isnt like they are doing anything illegal, are they. The police should have no business with the gang trying to 'get back on its feat'

@NameTaken Like someone else said, there are loads of interiors that dont really mean anything or help you in any way, the hotel is used for the mission and IMO its a great place to have that mission. Dont understand why they would do it on Balla territory though....

Another thing about the jefferson motel.How the hell the family sets decide to set a meeting in this motel.There are so many other places and they go to negociate in the balla's home.It's like ballas comin' into ganton to talk about things. suicidal.gif

One thing i never understood about that mission was why the Special Weapons And Tactics team shows up. It isnt like they are doing anything illegal, are they. The police should have no business with the gang trying to 'get back on its feat'

You should look at the gang's previous records rolleyes.gif

@2Gee69: They couldn't have the meeting on any GSF turf, it had to be somewhere "neutral" as far as the GSF are concerned and the Jefferson is the nearest suitable place that isn't on any GSF turf. Yes, it's in Ballas territory, but gang bangers aren't renowned for being the cleverest of people sly.gif

@!!GameCH33TA!!: Maybe it was the Ballas that told the SWAT team that there was a gang meeting happening there. Maybe the Ballas didn't fancy tackling the GSF themselves biggrin.gif

Steve

Reuniting the Families is one of my favorite missions, So I quite enjoy revisiting the crime scene icon14.gif

However would be cool if there was a save point or something in there, But you can always edit the locations of the save points on PC I think (think I read it on the chain game).

I agee about the save point in the motel you have one at every other hotel and motel in las venturas, the jefferson motel could also be the short stay inn for the hood rats and hos.

And don't forget the hotel suite in San Fierro. Remember that one? The save point near Queens, I think.

Thanks for reminding me I think its called Vank Hoff Park hotel lol I remember it because its a photo op so it should only be logical to have a hotel save in Los Santos it would be better than having that other safehouse in jefferson

Edited by sheek...

Man, I heard that!! It`d also be nice to have the actual military guys patrolling Area 69 full-time too, not just idiot cops showing up if you intrude. I`d like to see more "forbidden" places, sort of like the military base in VC. Except that Tommy V. was alright going in there as long as he was wearing the police uniform. I want a place (or several) that must be entered with guns blazing and/or great stealth to survive, with no valid or safe way to enter.

Back on topic, the motel is great for the mission, but otherwise pretty worthless. There`ve been quite a few threads in past about this idea...lots of buildings and space with relatively little to do. Those of us who`ve played the GTA series extensively have lamented the fact that alot of the space in GTA cities is "wasted". That`s true to a certain extent, but maybe R* can address that in GTA 4, given newer and more powerful hardware to work with. Having said all of that, I still love San Andreas and Vice City, and give R* credit for making such great games. There isn`t much I`d change about them, even if I could.

I read somewhere that Houser said no space would be wasted in GTA IV - but I reckon he probably meant there would be no "grey" areas at the outskirts of the map. OT: The main reason I'm a little annoyed at the motel, and for that matter the atrium-building where CJ and Smoke face the russians, is that these interiors are so large. If it was just a little shack, fair enough. But the size of the interior should have meant there was something to do there. Arguably there is little to do at Madd Dog's too, but at least we have some videogames and a room for working out. One last thing I'm pissed at in this context: Why can't you enter the holiday inn-style motel where you meet up with The Truth and Tenpenny? And the diner where you meet Catalina? These should have been permanently "enterable" interiors, IMO.

It is meant to give CJ a boost. And does, if your health is less than 100. But usually by that time one has either done the ambulance mission or just gotten health+ naturally, and it's easy to get that far in that mission without taking much, if any, damage. The problem is that they made it set CJ's health to 100 regardless of his current health.

And talking of the Jefferson Hotel (and so keeping it on topic), why is it that in mission Reuniting the Families, if you go into one of the rooms and the young lady there gives you "a little honey", why does it reduce your health? You'd think it would give CJ a boost if anything  biggrin.gif

It is meant to give CJ a boost. And does, if your health is less than 100. But usually by that time one has either done the ambulance mission or just gotten health+ naturally, and it's easy to get that far in that mission without taking much, if any, damage. The problem is that they made it set CJ's health to 100 regardless of his current health.

So that's it. My health was at 150 and getting kissed reduced it to 100

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for reminding me I think its called Vank Hoff Park hotel lol I remember it because its a photo op so it should only be logical to have a hotel save in Los Santos it would be better than having that other safehouse in jefferson

lol Vank Hoff!?! I didn't realize that. wow.gif Man, I don't know what's up with rahkstar2.gif and all those references to masturbation lol.

@k_jap: Yeah, that also pissed me off. There's nothing to do in the Atrium, either! mad.gif But, I actually think Madd Dogg's Crib is cool. Because at least it has a save point, unlike other boring interiors. bored.gif

But, I actually think Madd Dogg's Crib is cool. Because at least it has a save point, unlike other boring interiors. bored.gif

Yeah..we all LOVE saving our game at Madd Dogg's Crib. sarcasm.gif

But, I actually think Madd Dogg's Crib is cool. Because at least it has a save point, unlike other boring interiors. bored.gif

Just tell him why and don't give the new guy a sarcasm.gif

Its because it f*cks up your save by corupting the basket ball minigame.

Just tell him why and don't give the new guy a sarcasm.gif

Its because it f*cks up your save by corupting the basket ball minigame.

The "new guy" joined the forum before you turn.gif