Strange pixel flickering

Kainc

Hi, it's me again biggrin.gif

has anyone encoutered this kind of problem?

user posted image

I get those flickering pixels when I enter map area LAs(2), I guess, or might appear if certain car is spawning. It starts with few pixels and the amount increases if I keep playing the game. If I go to menu, flickering is there too, but it's slowly decreasing and then it's back normal, until I resume game. I guess this problem happened after replacing some modded .tdx graphics of a building or 2 (I also have akina mountain with spring set, but it worked normally before so I don't think it has anything to do with it).

Other mod I installed is before this problem was Snow Country.

I will replace backup files, but I'd like to know what causes this... anyone?

Edited by Kainc

hmm ... try spawning all the cars in a remote area where you don't have the problem. I know it's a lot of work, but it's the only way to find out if it's car-related. But then again I fail to see how a mod can cause this. Have you tried a non-modded game yet? Might be a hardware issue.

Guess it's not car related cuz I have only installed one after this problem and it works correctly.

First time I saw this was when I installed snow-country mod. It might be hardware issue but it haven't happened before, just this morning (13:19 here atm.). I try to uninstall snow mod, reboot computer and see if that helps.

Seems that something is totally messed up sad.gif

I replaced backups (maps, models... etc.) but it wont help. There are some modded vehicles etc. still but backups were made when it worked totally fine. Seems that flickering only begins when I enter LAs or LAs2. But I don't have any mods there...

Make a backup of your entire GTA folder and re-install the game. If that doesn't solve it, it's outside of the game. Tried playing any other game that's tough on your graphics card?

Umm.. one final attempt before that... I re-installed graphic drivers and while running the nvidia wizard, it said that your current settings is TV clone view (dual screens) and I indeed watched a movie via clone settings, monitor-TV, before this flickering began (darn I didn't remember to shut dual view off). So my final attempt comes now, after I reseted single display mode and raised refresh ratio 60 -> 85Herz.

I found the reason (unfortunately). The fan of my graphic card had stopped running and because of that card overheated and is now nothing but a piece of junk.

Yeah, and there's one positive thing, now I don't have to think if I should by new computer or not biggrin.gif since this event "melted" both graphics card and motherboard they are useless, so it's good excuse to buy completely new setup. And this means better graphic settings for GTA:SA as well wink.gif (and this means more motivation for modding, as I test not only modified items ingame but new hardware as well).