The mysterious tunnel

ryankendall

on gta3 there was a tunnel on the third island that had two ends in the rich part of the island, both ends were blocked with no chance of being able to get in even in a dodo. in gta:lcs the tunnel was back and you could go in it, you could go from one side to the other, but halfway through this tunnel there was another tunnel in the tunnel leading away from liberty city. this tunnel is not enterable. now here is gta4, we are back in liberty city. i want to know what you think is in this mysterious tunnel.

Liberty City is completely rebuilt...

There is a tunnel in the artwork of that new German preview.

As for the topic, I think you are right, since I am pretty sure the city will still be blocked off at the start.

Yes, but I doubt it is the same tunnel from III. This tunnel was in Shoreside Vale, which is not returning in IV (at least not to my knowledge).

Yes, but I doubt it is the same tunnel from III. This tunnel was in Shoreside Vale, which is not returning in IV at least not to my knowledge).

aww really, are stauton and portland island both returning?

Yes, but I doubt it is the same tunnel from III. This tunnel was in Shoreside Vale, which is not returning in IV (at least not to my knowledge).

Ah, okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The tunnel seems like it should lead to the ghost town. Which is why I believe the ghost town was going to be part of SV at one point but ended up just being a texture used for the cutscene.

I thought R* was saying that the portion Liberty City used in GTA3 was based on Staten Island, and this games portion of Liberty City will be based on Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx and New Jersey. So the areas depicted in GTA3 won't be there.

I don't know where I got that impression, it might not be true, it's just what I think is the case.

Nope, it's brand new.

user posted image

Well, I was hoping for a huge easter egg. Like, a collapsed tunnel at the sound of the map with a sign reading "Shoreside Vale" hanging over it.

Nope, it's brand new.

And for the better

Nope, it's brand new.

And for the better

I'm going to miss seeing that Eddies sign sad.gif

Nope, it's brand new.

user posted image

user posted image

They don't go anywhere.... But it would be weird if LC was completely self contained and had no ground connection to the rest of the 'GTA world'.... Also, an interesting thing I heard about those tunnels, is that maybe they led to "Carser City" - a fictional city that is frequently referenced in the GTA games...

Never noticed this tunnel... dont remember it.

WTF is gtafra?

Stay on topic. Send a message to me if you want to know about it.

And the tunnel in GTA3 probably led to Carcer City, a USA highway system that goes to Vice City or San Andreas, or maybe just a tunnel that goes into the countryside.

And if there was a closed off tunnel in GTA4, the idea probably came from GTA3, but i doubt that it would lead to Old Liberty

WTF is gtafra?

And the tunnel in GTA3 probably led to Carcer City, a USA highway system that goes to Vice City or San Andreas, or maybe just a tunnel that goes into the countryside.

And if there was a closed off tunnel in GTA4, the idea probably came from GTA3, but i doubt that it would lead to Old Liberty

I was on topic.... did you not read the first part of my post?

See now down here is a different paragraph where i can then change the topic, as you can do the same thing.

It can be usefull if you are responding to a post such as mine where.... there is more than one topic...

AMAZING....

I recall your spot from GTA3, never spent much time trying to hack it.

Thots on tunnels in GTAIV.

NYC has four tunnels.

Clockwise, east to west they are the Mid Town Tunnel, The Battery Tunnel, Holland and Lincoln tunnels.

The Battery Tunnels enters NYC near to the WTC (World Trade Center) and lets out in Brooklyn.

From what Ive seen and heard so far, I would expect reality from GTAIV.

The Battery Tunnel was closed during salvage and reconstruction at WTC but is open now. monocle.gif

Maybe something around that?

It is also the closest thing to a roadway from NYC to Staten Island, which doesnt exist and most take a ferry to and fro SI. Maybe they will make a leg that goes to the island?

javascript:emoticon(':monocle:')

Edited by bocin

WTF is gtafra?

See now down here is a different paragraph where i can then change the topic, as you can do the same thing.

It can be usefull if you are responding to a post such as mine where.... there is more than one topic...

AMAZING....

ok, sorry man icon14.gif

WTF is gtafra?

I love how you have to go around other topics and derail them with your "GTAFRA" thing and than explain what it is when no one asked, but when someone asks wtf it is, you act all proper and tell them to stay on-topic as if you're some professional. Nonetheless you still told them to PM in attempt to recruit someone else.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

WTF is gtafra?

AMAZING....

ok, sorry man icon14.gif

Whoa, i was expecting some....way shape or form of retaliation there... so there must be some kind of sarcasm in that post. RIGHT? icon14.gif

Anyhow, i think i see this tunnel... in gta III all blocked off though. i doubt it will make its way into IV

There won't be a tunnel, because the city will be completely different.

If there is a tunnel, it would be underground, as LC will be an island.

Who knows... Although the city was remade, it's still Liberty City. They may have kept some references so you believe is in fact the same we know, but added some streets "that we didn't notice before". wink.gif

If there was a tunnel at north of Liberty, it may leed to a small countryside, not like San Andreas, but similar to Lost Heaven (Mafia "1").

Who knows... Although the city was remade, it's still Liberty City. They may have kept some references so you believe is in fact the same we know, but added some streets "that we didn't notice before". wink.gif

If there was a tunnel at north of Liberty, it may leed to a small countryside, not like San Andreas, but similar to Lost Heaven (Mafia "1").

It's very clearly not the game Liberty City is pretty much anything but name.

They don't even look the same...for example GTA III VS GTA IV.

The islands don't even have the same names, and theres more of them this time around too.

The tunnel, sadly, won't be there if you go looking for it in Alderney (Shoreside Vale)

HushBull <3rdEye>

Wow, I dont at all remember things about III. I remember playing it and that's about it.

I wish I could recall it though, for remeniscings sake.

In a way. Stauton is modeled from Manhattan Island, and there is an island modeled after Manhattan in IV. It's going to be very different, but you'll see similarities. For example, it was stated that the big park in the middle (modeled after the Central Park in Manhattan) will make a return. There is also a Flat Iron building and a few other similarities. But the IV's island is bigger, so it will definitely be mostly new. Same goes for Portland. I think it was modeled off a portion of Jersey City, and again, there is an island modeled from Jersey City in IV.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

HushBull <3rdEye>

WTF is gtafra?

AMAZING....

ok, sorry man icon14.gif

ph34r.gif

I'm telling you, listen to the older, err...and wiser.

Stick with me kid and you'll be alright. moto_whistle.gif