DMM

DavidGC

I was looking through the preview from the German Mag. and saw the picture of the glass breaking from the truck/van (looks amazing). It got me to thinking about DMM (Digital Molecular Matter). I read that it was exclusive to LucasArts but then other sources say it's not. I'm confused as to whether DMM is still a possiblity for GTA IV, not just because of the question of the exclusitivity to LA, but because of the short amount of time left. As development is in the last stages (apparently) would there still be time to even implement it? And if they did, would anyone want it in? The way I see it, they would have already confirmed it if it was in IV already, a la Euphoria.

Do any of you still think it's a possibility?

(PS. Sorry for the somewhat stupid topic. I've searched and couldn't find anything.)

What is DMM? DMM -- exclusive to LucasArts for any game releases through September 2008 -- brings an unprecedented level of realism to the new generation of consoles by making completely interactive environments that react as they would in real life.

From the Lucas Arts Site.

Although I could see future GTAs implementing it.

When I saw that glass breaking screen shot it reminded me of the Max Payne 2 glass. It looks good but it disappears when it falls on the ground. I hope that's not the case with GTA IV. Anyways, I doubt GTA IV has DMM or else we'd know, plus it's exclusive to LucasArts. I would be 100000 times more excited if GTA IV had DMM.

Oh, thanks everyone. cookie.gif

EDIT:

What is DMM? DMM -- exclusive to LucasArts for any game releases through September 2008 -- brings an unprecedented level of realism to the new generation of consoles by making completely interactive environments that react as they would in real life.

Does this mean after 2008 DMM will be out for the taking by any developer?

Edited by DavidGC

EDIT:

Does this mean after 2008 DMM will be out for the taking by any developer?

Yup. biggrin.gif Hence why I could see future GTAs implementing it.