2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Exclusive German Preview (Computerbild-Spiele)

Freezer89

Thank you very much for this insight, fantastic. Can anyone confirm the mobile phone/wanted level thingy?

Screenshots are quality, the water looks amazing, the cars look amazing, the aiming view (if thats what it is) takes you right into the action whereas previously you were quite detatched. It almost looks like a totally different game.....almost

Snake Without a Tongue

My guess is that they just took the dating from San Andreas, slapped a new name on it, and jazzed it up a bit with better games, getting drunk, etc.

I'd say you're absolutely right. I laughed when everybody said 'they mixed up Roman with Brucie'. Sadly, I'd say we'll be getting drunk, bowling, etc with everyone at least fifty times before they give up the perks.

how come niko can`t die, he would just respawn at the nearest hospital. I only asked god to leave this unrealistic feature behind and f*** confused.gif

what do you expect, niko to die, then you just lose and have to start over.

how come niko can`t die, he would just respawn at the nearest hospital. I only asked god to leave this unrealistic feature behind and f***  confused.gif

Well... i must say that it would be stupid if niko dies.. i like this instead...

It's better than starting all over and better than mysteriously just get sent back from heaven. (lol hell maby tounge.gif)

The useful objects bit is interesting. confused.gif

By which i mean its f*cking amazing tounge2.gif

Good job homez. Wish i was f*ckin german right now lol Screens look awesome. Lovin the bullet holes.

Personally I'd take their claim of having played the game with a big pinch of salt. Computer Bild Spiele is published by Axel Springer publishing, as is the Bild, which is notoriously full of false information. It's possible they played it of course, but it seems strange that a hands-on session with the game follows the demo so closely and yields so little new information.

Having said that, dankeschön Freezer, weiter so Matrose.

on the last page of the article, picture three. Do u think thats what it's gonna look like when your shooting... gears of war style?

i have always wanted it to look like that....

thanks for the amazing screens!! icon14.gificon14.gif

user posted image

Is this what aiming will be like or is this just some random camera angle for the picture?

i really think that is real gameplay!without any other camera views wow.gif awesome!!!!!!!

user posted image

Is this what aiming will be like or is this just some random camera angle for the picture?

Wow, that actually might be the aiming. Possibly even gameplay, but without the HUD. That looks pretty accurate to what Rockstar was telling us about the aiming.

the hud is minimalistic and doesnt apper when youre playng

Wow!!!...amazing screens' and snipet's of info...Please can someone who read's German translate and rewrite this in English...we'll all be so happy and gratefull.

Zombified Jake
user posted image

i really think that is real gameplay!without any other camera views wow.gif awesome!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking too, but wasn't too sure. Guess we'll have to see.

Oh yeah and thanks to the OP for the pictures.

Zombified Jake
my contribution. can't connect them because of the binding and such

user posted image

Very clear scan, cheers icon14.gif

Quadropheniac90

I think R* learnt from the comments on SA, that the friendship stuff shouldn't be TOO big, because that would be more annoying than fun. dozingoff.gif Bowling seems nice for a change, drunk driving should surely be a nice challenge to do something else beside shooting people.

user posted image

Damn Germans always get it first! The jet, rockets, beer, etc

But these are great finds, hopefully the starting car part is more effective han Burnout Paradise. I mean as in where if it is more beaten it will take longer to start.

GTA_Godfather

I think R* learnt from the comments on SA, that the friendship stuff shouldn't be TOO big, because that would be more annoying than fun. dozingoff.gif Bowling seems nice for a change, drunk driving should surely be a nice challenge to do something else beside shooting people.

Really?......they make it sound like it's going to be bigger (fostering relationships to help you get through the game). This time it's not just girlfriends, but practically everyone you deal with.

I do think the implementation will be less obtrusive than in San Andreas. For example, I don't think you (Niko) will be forced to take a girl out between the hours of 14:00 and 23:00. You won't have to lose weight, gain weight, wear certain clothes and all that b.s. or only take her to certain restuarants/clubs. That was much too tedious and boring.

Thank you very much for this insight, fantastic. Can anyone confirm the mobile phone/wanted level thingy?

Do You mean the post from JJCribbins?

If my German's anything to go by, the article states that Niko passes by the police (in his vehicle) whilst on his mobile, thus earning him a wanted level. Very clever indeed!

If I understand his post, he means you get a wanted level from using a phone while driving mercie_blink.gif

If so, this is not right... on the second page they're descriping what we've already heard from the last previews by ign and others. Niko needs to get access to police data so he calls the police to report a crime (fake call) to cause the police to come to a certain place to watch what happened. And as the policemen leave their cars to check the near surrounding area, Niko uses the chance to take place in a police car and access the police database from there.

Edited by chris76

Do You mean the post from JJCribbins?

If my German's anything to go by, the article states that Niko passes by the police (in his vehicle) whilst on his mobile, thus earning him a wanted level. Very clever indeed!

If I understand his post, he means you get a wanted level from using a phone while driving mercie_blink.gif

If so, this is not right... on the second page they're descriping what we've already heard from the last previews by ign and others. Niko needs to get access to police data so he calls the police to report a crime (fake call) to cause the police to come to a certain place to watch what happened. And as the policemen leave their cars to check the near surrounding area, Niko uses the chance to take place in a police car and access the police database from there.

Since you are German you probably don't know this, but driving in New York (aka, LC) and using a cell phone is illegal unless you're using a headset or other "hands-free" device. You would be pulled over in real life, so it would make sense for you to gain a wanted star in-game.

I dont know about that, seems a little weird to me. So I guess pulling ut your gun in a car will do the same thing?

Off-Topic: Anyone know Jordan's email?

my contribution. can't connect them because of the binding and such

user posted image

In the bottom picture, is Niko kicking that guy out of a truck? I remember a preview by Kikzo or someone not long ago explaining a mission where you have to steal a triad truck, and it involved a cutscene of Niko kicking the driver out. Is that it?

Awsome, look at niko (or possibly the other guy) breaking the window on the truck ... theres actually blood coming out as he breaks the window... very realistic. thanks freezer89 smile.gif