Am I the only one?

crashday04

OK, so I'll be buying a console soon to play GTA IV in April. I've decided I want a PlayStation 3 since I'm more comfortable and have more experience with the PlayStation consoles (apart from that, I'm not really a huge console fan). GTA IV is the main reason I'll be getting this. Rockstar said that all of the screenshots/trailer footage was captured from the Xbox 360 version of the game, and as far as I know, they haven't shown anything from the PS3 version yet. They say the two versions of the game are exactly the same... but how can we be sure? In terms of content I'm sure it is (except for DLC obviously) but what about appearance etc? Am I the only one who is slightly reluctant to spend all that money on one game, considering we don't even know what it looks like yet? All I would like is some reassurance that it is going to be exactly the same as the Xbox 360 version.. it's a lot of money afterall...

You're definitely not the only one! I'm in the same position as you in that I don't know which console I'm going to go for yet. I wish they would release some PS3 shots. I don't understand why they haven't already. I'm reluctant to pre-order a game that I haven't even seen.

yea they should release some ps3 shots. they said once the ps3 version was 2 weeks behind the 360 version.. so maubye thats why, i dunno. it will probably look the same as the 360 version.. but they should release some screenshots to prove it.

i've preordered the PS3 version. i didn't know all the screenshots were from the XBOX version. you have me worried now. tounge.gif

If they want people to buy the PS3 version they should at least show us what it looks like. That's why I decided to go with the X360 version. I might get the PS3 version later tho..

i've preordered the PS3 version.  i didn't know all the screenshots were from the XBOX version.  you have me worried now. tounge.gif

neither did I.

i might get it on ps3 or xbox i dont know depends which i buy u know is it coming out on pc? i dont have a pc or a ps3 or an xbox is it coming out on gameboy

Rebel of Fortune

I would be buying it for my PS3, but I think I'll hang on until it's out for PC. I would sell my PS3 for an Xbox, but I won't get as much for it now. If I actually heard some info about a PS3 release I'd start saving up.

Proof that all of the shots have only been for X-box? I pre-ordered my copy for PS3.

In most previews they say that they have not shown the PS3 version to anyone at all yet so that should be proof enough.

Proof that all of the shots have only been for X-box? I pre-ordered my copy for PS3.

a) It's a fact.

b) Nothing from the PS3 version has been released.

c) All trailers were run on the 360.

d) Rockstar refused to show the PS3 version in a closed screening.

e) The 360 is cheaper and gets DLC so it's a better option anyway. Dongs.

If its behind the Xbox version, would Sony stop them from showing it until it looks better?

Quite possibly if they have a contract stating that they cant show the PS3 as being inferior to the XBOX. It certainly seems like they have a contract stating that they have to be released on the same day so its ont out of the question.

There may be a more innocent explination though, although I never tried on the PS3 so I cant comment on it it is very easy to get screen shots from the a 360 devkit to a pc, like one mouseclick, which might why they are all taken on the 360.

If its behind the Xbox version, would Sony stop them from showing it until it looks better?

Quite possibly if they have a contract stating that they cant show the PS3 as being inferior to the XBOX. It certainly seems like they have a contract stating that they have to be released on the same day so its ont out of the question.

There may be a more innocent explination though, although I never tried on the PS3 so I cant comment on it it is very easy to get screen shots from the a 360 devkit to a pc, like one mouseclick, which might why they are all taken on the 360.

Look tbh man I preordered my copy special edition for PS3 and you know what?

Xbox is just a box A BOX

PS3 station ITS A WHOLE STATION and more CPUs

GTAIV 4 life man until GTAV

can't we just get together and say its not about what we play it on its about what we play

Well, I haven't bought either console yet, since the only game on PS3 or XO I'm looking forward to is GTA IV. I first thought I'd buy an Xbox, but I've now decided to buy a PS3, instead, because...

• of the Blu-ray drive

• every PS3 has a hard drive, and developers can take advantage of the fact

• DualShock 3 means I don't have to suffer rumblelessness

I don't have to take the risk my console will give me the Red Ring of Death when playing GTA IV

(Although, being a collector, I will of course buy XO at a later time.)

Now, I must say you got me a little worried... I don't think there'll be much of a difference between the two versions of GTA IV, especially given the long postponement, but I would still like someone to verify that. I'd be somewhat pissed if it turned out the PS3 was somehow buggy/ugly/limited...

a) It's a fact.

you're so right, I already have the 360.

as far as I know the PS3 version will pretty much look the same, but it will be worse in some aspects as:

1) no controller rumble

2) no use of SIXAXIS

user posted image

I'm most confident it will look better, and on top of that, this topic is hotly debated and there's no need to start a new thread for it.

jthompson1421

In most previews they say that they have not shown the PS3 version to anyone at all yet so that should be proof enough.

Or maybe they decided not to show images from the PS3 because they know it has better graphics than the 360. Amazing. :sarcastic:

Or maybe they decided not to show images from the PS3 because they know it has better graphics than the 360.

all 3rd party games so far have only proved the opposite.

user posted image

Xbox is just a box A BOX

can't we just get together and say its not about what we play it on its about what we play

Dont know why you quoted me, all I gave were the facts. I never went on about how sh*t the PS3 is so leave me out of your fanboy crap dozingoff.gifdevil.gif

Or maybe they decided not to show images from the PS3 because they know it has better graphics than the 360.

What about Call Of duty IV and Oblivion. I'm sure they will look identical anyway, so whats the problem here?

Edited by Darrel

jthompson1421

Opinion? Yes, please. Stick this game on x-box360 and on a PS3 right next to each other when it comes out and see which one has the better graphics. Make sure to use the exact same brand/size TV. That will end this opinion nonsense once and for all.

Yeah, it will be the same. If anything (And this is my opinion people!!) the Playstation 3 version would have a little better graphics, because if the 25GB disc it's going to be on, whereas xbox is using 9GB discs. The extra space makes it possible for the PS3 version to be polished a little more.

Yeah, it will be the same. If anything (And this is my opinion people!!)<!--SS--><!--SC--><!--EC--><!--ES--> the Playstation 3 version would have a little better graphics, because if the 25GB disc it's going to be on, whereas xbox is using 9GB discs. The extra space makes it possible for the PS3 version to be polished a little more.

what a bunch of crap.

example: COD4 takes around 6,7 GB on a DVD, and it takes the same amount of memory on a blu-ray.

by far all PS3 games are wasting disc space since blu-ray just is too large.

user posted image

Xbox is just a box A BOX

you totaly just contradicted yourself. the way you talk about the systems, you make the xbox seem inferior, then you go on to say how its all about "what we play, not what we play it on"

a) It's a fact.

you're so right, I already have the 360.

as far as I know the PS3 version will pretty much look the same, but it will be worse in some aspects as:

1) no controller rumble

2) no use of SIXAXIS

Controller rumble will be included in the PS3 edition. Just ensure you have Dualshock 3.

And use of the Sixaxis is still a maybe, not uncomfirmed.