Why do you look at the info?

Jake

I don't see the point of looking at every bit of information for the game. Why do it? I've watched two trailers and that's enough for me. If you look at all the pictures, watch every trailer, read every article, it will ruin the game and the surprise. Imagine popping that shiny GTAIV disc into your console with no idea of the game besides maybe a trailer or two you've seen, or no info at all. It would blow you away. But since I'm guessing most of you have seen so much or read so much, it will be far less amazing. I know when I first played GTA in 3D it was Vice City and I knew nothing about it, it blew me away. Then San Andreas, I read up and looked at as much info as possible, and it didn't stay as great for as long as Vice City did, and it was bigger. Thoughts?

user posted image

That is why they never release all the details...but that is true. We don't have the will power though to not watch or read an article/previews.

Didn't they [Rockstar] say that they'll release no more than 30% of all the game details?

EDIT: Killer beat me to it. wink.gif

It comes down to lack of will power It seems pathetic I know but with the delay as well I think it starved many of information. The delay made people want to know even more on Grand Theft Auto IV.

I doubt I could avoid any of the information releasing on the game no matter how hard I try. confused.gif

Respect to you though you obviously have good will power in this area icon14.gif

Why does it matter?

Everyone is different, and everyone has different preferences.

You can't say people are wrong for doing that. It's just how people like to do things. Nobody is wrong, it's just a matter of opinion.

One person may read up on all of the info, and still love the game just as much as if he/she hadn't. Just because it would ruin the game for YOU doesn't mean you can say other people's way of doing things are bad.

Well, I mean, wouldn't you think the game would be even more insane and surprising if you didn't know anything about it when you played? I'm not saying anybody is wrong for looking at all the info they can find, by all means go for it to fill your hearts content. I just think (and know from my own experience) that it's made it less exciting when you know more about it before you even play it. And considering this is going to be the most breakthrough GTA game ever, it'd be even better not to look at any info don't you think?

I understand though that some people just want to know as much as possible about it because they're fans. And anticipation builds, plus the delay as well like MysteryGamer said.

user posted image

yeah i know heybefore i got VCS in watched the last mission on youtube because of my lack of willpower waiting for the PS2 version and it almost ruined the game for me

I don't see the point of looking at every bit of information for the game.  Why do it?  I've watched two trailers and that's enough for me.  If you look at all the pictures, watch every trailer, read every article, it will ruin the game and the surprise.  Imagine popping that shiny GTAIV disc into your console with no idea of the game besides maybe a trailer or two you've seen, or no info at all.  It would blow you away.  But since I'm guessing most of you have seen so much or read so much, it will be far less amazing.  I know when I first played GTA in 3D it was Vice City and I knew nothing about it, it blew me away.  Then San Andreas, I read up and looked at as much info as possible, and it didn't stay as great for as long as Vice City did, and it was bigger.  Thoughts?

some people want to i don't see the point in this topic just let them do what they want.

I read everything i can about it and i am still as excited as a 5 year old on xmas day. No matter how much info i know i will always want more, GTAIV have it smack on with the way they market the game.

it gets us pumped! and it makes time feel a bit faster when ur thinking of this game. and some of us (like me) are having dreams about this game when were sleepy.gif and when were at work and school.

I don't want to know too much, but at the same time, I'd like to know a little bit about how the game will work, so that I'm not missing any tricks when I first start. Example: You didn't know the cops are easier to piss off and more intelligent, so you try something that you could get away with in previous GTA's and they beat you down in the first 5 mins of play. Pretty embarassing, especially if you play it with a friend or something lol.

I look at info because I want to know. I am intrigued by the lengths R* have went to to deliver a quality game. It's good to know there are still a few developers who make games for the gamer.

maybe this clown can help you...

user posted image

see reading info is a GTA addicts heaven..learning more about the game can make you feed your need for more GTa...

G.T.A.F.R.A...bitch!.

they released far more info about SA...

yea they did..but that was the problem...there was too much info and not enough discovery to be found.

yea they did..but that was the problem...there was too much info and not enough discovery to be found.

that's what i meant, but i didn't read much about it thou..

that's what i meant, but i didn't read much about it thou..

Yeh I wasn't into the gathering of info like I am today. I was just reading random pieces about it, and then I got too excited to keep going. Bu thtey did have that , I think it was 10 pages, of info in Gameinformer.

I wish I could stop reading all the artikels and everything that has to do with GTA4, time will go faster when I forget about it.... but I can't, It's in my head. There's a little voice in my head that says GTA GTA GTA GTA gta gta.... all day long.

I wish I could stop reading all the artikels and everything that has to do with GTA4, time will go faster when I forget about it.... but I can't, It's in my head. There's a little voice in my head that says GTA GTA GTA GTA gta gta.... all day long.

I am no longer going to read any 'new info'. Let me elaborate OK, i will look at new screenshots, But i will not be reading the ps3 impressions in a couple of weeks or the Hands on preview. i will also not be reading any reviews. I suggest you do that same, you will be even more surprised. smile.gif

all good points, everyone is different though

i love reading all the info it just makes me more excited and helps my cravings to know more, rockstar are not releasing enough to ruin the game for people so i am happy to keep doing what im doing

@ original poster

Think of it this way:

Two guys are going to NYC for the first time (in real life, that is). The first one doesn't know anything about the city at all - not one building, nothing. The other one has seen countless movies set in NYC, read about the city, watched news of different events take place there, etc. Which one do you think will enjoy the trip more?

The first guy would probably be like "wow, nice buildings", whereas the second guy would be thrilled to see THE Central Park, Empire State Building, Manhattan Bridge, the place where Lennon was killed, the spot where the Twin Towers were, that restaurant from Seinfeld (or any other TV show)...

The same with GTA IV: I'll be thrilled to finally drive past the Jerkov building or find out what the hell that glass dome is all about...

You see now? wink.gif

BTW, I've never been disappointed when finally getting my hands on a game I've devoured all previews about. Wouldn't want to know everything about GTA IV now, but they aren't telling everything, either smile.gif

@ original poster

Think of it this way:

Two guys are going to NYC for the first time (in real life, that is). The first one doesn't know anything about the city at all - not one building, nothing. The other one has seen countless movies set in NYC, read about the city, watched news of different events take place there, etc. Which one do you think will enjoy the trip more?

The first guy would probably be like "wow, nice buildings", whereas the second guy would be thrilled to see THE Central Park, Empire State Building, Manhattan Bridge, the place where Lennon was killed, the spot where the Twin Towers were, that restaurant from Seinfeld (or any other TV show)...

The same with GTA IV: I'll be thrilled to finally drive past the Jerkov building or find out what the hell that glass dome is all about...

You see now? wink.gif

BTW, I've never been disappointed when finally getting my hands on a game I've devoured all previews about. Wouldn't want to know everything about GTA IV now, but they aren't telling everything, either smile.gif

That was a good post actually icon14.gif But, im not going to read any information from now on. I'm happy with what i know.