Dragonball Z

DeuCe

First of I'm 16 and I still watch cartoons just to get that out the way.

I was wondering who here used to watch Dragonball Z? I watched the sh*t out that show, that was the first thing i did everyday after school, until the bastards on Cartoon Network quit airing it.

Dbz was a classic it owns all of the other anime fighting b/s, like naruto n avatar or w.e they're calling them these days.

Dragonball got me into DBZGT etc. Will always have a place in my heart for Dragon Ball. Z was allright but the way I got to see it on TV was irritating, f*cking carton network, showin hella episodes then leavin you hanging and repaeating the same ones 10 times.

Yeah all the Dragon Ball Episodes are right here if you'd like to indulge yourself with a great show

linky

Been rewathcing the whole series up to the piccolo jr saga. Gonna rewatch DBZ after Im done.

But DBZ was th sh*t when I was younger, and really still is to me.

Dont go around tonight, Well, it's bound to take your life, There's a bad moon on the rise.

Blind Joe Death

Yeah, Dragonball Z was the sh*t. I used to watch it every morning before I went to school. Pokemon was pretty f*cken awesome as well.

That reminds me of Pokemon cards and those little Dragonball Z disks. All we used to do at lunch times back in Primary School was trade them and crap. I also remember me and my mates ripping the younger grades off.

Ahh, good times.

Dbz was a classic it owns all of the other anime fighting b/s, like naruto n avatar or w.e they're calling them these days.

Avatar isn't anime, it's a western franchise. As far as DBZ goes, it's enjoyable but theres far better anime out there. Personally I'd say if you like that over the top fighting style anime check out Gurren Lagann, it's more giant robots then anything but theres a lot of the DBZ 'burning passion' in there. You'll probably have to get it fansubbed because ADV are having problems with their releases at the moment and have put it on hold.

Also although I personally don't like it, maybe check out Fist Of The North Star. Purely because it is rediculous.

Edited by gta_king

Itachi Uchiha

I am also a fan of it goku and vegeta are the best the beast season is Z it was the best

Speaking of fist of the North Star, did you know that the mobvie wa soriginally marketed as a childrens movie, that's why there's the infamous 'color editing' LMAO.

2lcqyao.jpg

THIS TOPIC HAS OFFICIAL BEEN HIJACKED. IT IS NOW A TOPIC ABOUT FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.

I'm a huge fan of Fist Of The North Star. I thought the original movie was the sh*t, except the overly-western voice acting and the completely dated look of a some of the design.

The New Fist Of The North Star is a nice revamp of the anime, but doesn't really come close to the amount of action within, however, the action in it, is as badass as the original film.

TOPIC RE-JACKED, DBZ IS JUST WAY TO KICK-ASS

DBZ was the absolute sh*t back in the day, I used to watch that show everyday after school at 6:00, never missing a damn episode. It just sucks that they just completely f*cked the whole franchise up with GT. It was completely redundant, we don't need Super Saiyan 4! Or Goku as a kid! Or Vegeta going evil...again!

About the movie, it's gonna be about Dragon Ball, not Z, but still promises to be pretty kickass as it has James Marsters as Piccolo (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). It's coming out August 15th of this year as well.

chunky_monkey

i loved it when i was at little same as pokemon and bayblades lol now me and my mates mock dbz i still like it watch it now and then but its like ''last time on dbz''then goku and who ever hes fighting air in mid air looking at each other not saying anything and it is like that for 2mins or the whole ep lol biggrin.gif good show

Yeah, It's a good show, Dragonball personally was my favorite because they didn't as much magic beams and stuff, it was basically just fighting and a lil ka-meh-ha-meh-ha now & then. By the time GT got around they barely even fought anymore, but i still liked it because it had a good story line.

I never got into pokemon, but i did watch Gundam Wing, and I watch that show Bleach when I'm Baked.

Dragonball is anime as it's best (< which is rare for anime)

It own's all the Naruto's Bleaches,Yaoi's and what nots....

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Dragonball is anime as it's best (< which is rare for anime)

No, it really is not anime at it's best. Anime at it's best would be Akira, Ghost In The Shell, Evangelion, Paranoia Agent, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop or one of the many movies by Studio Ghibli. Dragonball (Z or Otherwise) is in no way representative of Anime at it's best. It's good Anime at the most.

Dragonball is anime as it's best  (< which is rare for anime)

No, it really is not anime at it's best. Anime at it's best would be Akira, Ghost In The Shell, Evangelion, Paranoia Agent, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop or one of the many movies by Studio Ghibli. Dragonball (Z or Otherwise) is in no way representative of Anime at it's best. It's good Anime at the most.

You just about hit the nail on the head with that one. Still, DBZ's pretty kickass when you're nine.

Southside Dukes Ballas

DBZ and DB were f*cking great. Especially The Frieza saga which was the most explosive and the Cell Saga was all out the best. GT not so good.

I really hope maybe 1 day they'll decide to make a sequel to DBZ that is cannon after DBZ and says GT never happened. Even though DB AF is fake the fake videos on youtube are sweet as hell.

I never watched anime a day in my life before DBZ and Gundam Wing then after that I was on an anime watching spree but I don't really watch anime now but I still like alot of the anime out like Blood+ and Inyuasha

Southside Dukes Ballas
Had no clue so many people liked this show, I always hated it.

DBZ is a billion dollar plus franchise not to mention crappy games keep coming out and selling time and time again and you're saying you didn't know people liked this franchise.

DBZ is a billion dollar plus franchise not to mention crappy games keep coming out and selling time and time again and you're saying you didn't know people liked this franchise.

Yes, thats what I'm f*cking saying.

Southside Dukes Ballas

Yes, thats what I'm f*cking saying.

you must be on your period for acting moody like a little bitch and you must be living under a f*cking rock.

yeah, they keep making the dolls and the latest game out is the Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Its a pretty fun game. Are they making a Dragonball movie?

I have all episodes on DVDs. They are downloaded-my friend downloaded them couple of years ago, even the last GT episode with Goku's grand-grand-grand....son. It was a great show smile.gif

And the games - WOW, just awesome

Quadropheniac90

The games, sucky? dontgetit.gif They're f*cking awesome! Especially Tenkaichi 3. Can't wait for Burst Limit myself...

Cartoon was fun too, I probably couldn't watch it now though. The games are still cool.

user posted image

I used to always hate the show when I was little. Then I started getting into it when CN took it off of their schedule so Adult Swim can star earlier. It felt like a kick to the balls for me.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.