paying rent

euphoria

do you think niko will be paying rent. ive always thought it was strange that safe houses payed you, instead of you paying to live there, since this gta is supposed to be about a poor imigrant, do yout hink we will be paying rent. maybe not, because if your not able to pay rent that month, your not going to be homeless. idk, ive been thinking of this, and i havnt seen a topic about it.

Nah. It would just get annoying.

What would happen when he doesn't pay it? Angry landlords knocking at his door?

i think it would be a good idea because it would have a fun twist.. smile.gif

it'd be cool, like if you pay the rent you can change clothes, get some rest (restore energy), store your guns, but if you dont, you can only save your game.

but that would be very RPG-like as Mcone said, and lots of people who play GTA are not hardcore-out-of-their-bloody-minds gamers as we are, and this rent thing could be annoying and confusin for one who plays one hour a week.

it'd be cool, like if you pay the rent you can change clothes, get some rest (restore energy), store your guns, but if you dont, you can only save your game.

but that would be very RPG-like as Mcone said, and lots of people who play GTA are not hardcore-out-of-their-bloody-minds gamers as we are, and this rent thing could be annoying and confusin for one who plays one hour a week.

I respect that, But it doesn't mean you're not a Hardcore gamer if you don't like RPG elements.

Any way, I think the Rent would be charged as you get Money. e.g. - Your rent is 500, you get $600 for a mission, you would have $100 after saving.

...now wheres that dude that puts stupid topics in his signature? lol

I'd say it was an unpopular topic but i wouldnt say stupid, people want different things from this game, in a way i can see how having to actually do missions to support yourself opposed to just buying cowboy hats and other wastes of time in SA but really after a long of day of getting hassle off of my landlord, the last thing i want to do is turn on GTA and get more hassle.

@TS:

Just sit down, grab a beverage of your choice, and wait like the rest of us. Cheers.

And for the record, thats a f*cking stupid idea.

EDIT:

opposed to just buying cowboy hats and other wastes of time

What the f*ck is wrong with cowboy hats? Waste of time? Kiss my dick!

Edited by DavidGC

Rent is missing for a reason. Most of the time, people play video games to get away from the real world stuff like paying rent and not killing people smile.gif

I at least hope there will be much more things to use our blood money on. But we kinda already know that there will be, i.e. pubrounds, dates, etc. etc.

I think it would b an okay feature and mayb if u dont pay your money goes into negative like in SA when u owe money

Look at you right hand.

Are you looking at it?

Now smack yourself.

Cant have a topic without someone running in right away to be a douche. Because we all know the assholes here are the intelligent bunch.

God forbid people have an opinion to discuss on a DISCUSSION board.

You want rent? Thats cool. A homeless Niko? Thats pretty funny. But its all unlikely. We're to assume hed have enough money at all times. Its not like its hard to come by.

I at least hope there will be much more things to use our blood money on. But we kinda already know that there will be, i.e. pubrounds, dates, etc. etc.

the way i see it is since u can have "dates" and girlfriends (thats RPGish!) why not have rent too. I personally don't really like it but im sure that there are people that will. You can't make everyone completely happy.

Even if you did have to pay rent, it wouldn't matter, you could just shoot the landlord when he comes for your money. Then no more rent, suicidal.gif

I don't see why not, but the majority of GTA fans are 12-17 year old boys who are like, "WHAT u hve 2 pay rnt OMG GAYY!!!!11211!1eleven!!" so I don't think Rockstar will include this feature. Another reason is it would be a hassle as I read somewhere (forgot where) that money would be harder to come by, and I don't feel like giving a chunk of my hard earned cash to a greedy-ass landlord.

Rent is missing for a reason. Most of the time, people play video games to get away from the real world stuff like paying rent and not killing people smile.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't see why not, but the majority of GTA fans are 12-17 year old boys who are like, "WHAT u hve 2 pay rnt OMG GAYY!!!!11211!1eleven!!" so I don't think Rockstar will include this feature. Another reason is it would be a hassle as I read somewhere (forgot where) that money would be harder to come by, and I don't feel like giving a chunk of my hard earned cash to a greedy-ass landlord.

yeah most people who play GTA are kids (i wonder how old are you guys) but i'd say IV is going to feel and look and be more mature then the previous ones.

anyway, i think that money should play a much more important role this time, i mean, i'm quite sure that money is the very main problem for any illegal immigrant.

yeah most people who play GTA are kids (i wonder how old are you guys) but i'd say IV is going to feel and look and be more mature then the previous ones.

anyway, i think that money should play a much more important role this time, i mean, i'm quite sure that money is the very main problem for any illegal immigrant.

I agree money should play a bigger role but putting in something like rent, car insurance, parking tickets, etc. is just way to overboard! I'd like to see less missions that give money as a reward at the end...such as Niko doing missions for his brother who obviously can't afford to pay him, stuff like that...or at least lower the reward so you don't make $10,000 a mission toward the end like other GTAs. GTA always seemed a little lopsided like you're this super human who takes on whole gangs and such by yourself and when you do you only get a small amount of money (in the hundreds) which is very low considering what you just did! But i'm hoping that rockstar got the realism just right where missions where you kill people are only like 4-5 people MAX yet still as fun as the missions in past GTAs...you know what I mean?

know what you mean and completely agree (still would like the rent though biggrin.gif), and i'd like if it were a great deal more challenging to kill other (armed) people, which is possible if the AI and the cover system are really good.

Yes, this would make maintaining a nice safe house a lot harder. And if you lost your safehouse(s) then your new safehouse should be a cardboard box, and you should have the ability to move around under your box like in Metal Gear Solid.

user posted image

freshlaundryX

Not being able to afford to pay for your safehouse could be devastating.

It would completely change the way I play as I wouldn't spend like crazy knowing that I'd have trouble saving later (unless I passed a mission and it auto-saved.)

Sure, I'll pay rent.

And the more you pay, the better save location you can get -- better garages, etc.

do you think niko will be paying rent. ive always thought it was strange that safe houses payed you, instead of you paying to live there, since this gta is supposed to be about a poor imigrant, do yout hink we will be paying rent. maybe not, because if your not able to pay rent that month, your not going to be homeless. idk, ive been thinking of this, and i havnt seen a topic about it.

suicidal.gif

suicidal.gif

No...this topic deserves a double dose

suicidal.gifsuicidal.giframpage_ani.gif

haha

• 3 months later...

sorry for the bump, but this is for all the assholes who said that this was a stupid idea.

well whos laughing now. once agian, as in every GTA money is no object, you make thousands of dollars from a mission and have nothing to spend it on.

im not using cheats and ive NEVER walked into a gunshop or bought any gun for that matter. except for the one time in a mission that i had to.

i never buy food, cause its pointless, seeing as when you die you get all your guns anyways.

if there was rent to pay, there would be a point to getting money.

so for all the haters

icon14.gif yours

so again, your a f*cking millionare by the end of the game.