Will "skill levels" will be making a return?

EntropicLqd

We know that character customisation has been taken out. But do we know if the skill levels from GTA-SA are returning?

Visibly improving in the skill levels and having it make an actual difference was actually one of the things that I liked about GTA-SA. Particularly the motorbike skill level. At full skill level you had to work to fall off, which made bikes a much more enjoyable mode of transport.

Does anyone know or does it fall into the "unconfirmed" category?

Apologies if this one has been asked before but I got bored after the 6th/7th page of search results.

jonnyeatsbeef

i sort of hope not

like how on the game skate you started of with the same skills as wot you finished with

but you just got to learn how to do them in time

No, several of the recent previews have already made claims that the "RPG"

skill-system is no more.

Actually I think this would be an awesome addition to the game. ex. jacking a car for the first time. You are definitely not going to b a pro at it the first time you do it. It would be cool if the first few times you try to hotwire a car it takes you a little longer.

Niko has a ''military'' background or something of that kind doesn't he?

I think this would justify no ''skilling-up''

Well Ive never had military experience but do they teach u how to hotwire and highjack cars?

Maybe Niko was a badass kid, and I don't think hijacking has it's own manual, it's quite a spontanious act.

Imagine Niko getting more muscle, it wouldn't look right, so if their is skilling, very limited.

Well Ive never had military experience but do they teach u how to hotwire and highjack cars?

Maybe Niko was a badass kid, and I don't think hijacking has it's own manual, it's quite a spontanious act.

stealing a car is everything but spontanious. you dont just run up into a random car and start ripping wires, hitwiring isnt even a good way of stealing a car, id be surprized if they had niko hotwiring instead of popping the ignition.

well mafia had a level upping system for stealing cars didnt it?? i dont think it will return personally as i remebmer reading the point that Niko was trained, made him all ready able to do cetain tasks, but it could be possible...

the dojo thing might still be there so its not leveling up persay, its just choosing the style you want him to use, i really don't know

its odd because Rockstar have tried to make him a fully fleshed out character, so leveling up some how makes it likes he's this complete noob at the beginning, i actually wouldnt mind it to an extent

I hope that there won't be a "driving skill", cause that's wahat annoys me about games the most - the difference between a new game and a finished game in terms of how you can actually perform. That's the worst thing - you begin a new game and you are soo weak! (That's what I hated about the R6:Vegas multiplayer (before I sold it) - beginners start with sh*tty equipment, while experts have all the guns and armor or whatever they need, so they can kill the starters even more easily.) Not talking specificaly about the MP in IV right now, but I have to say I hate when the RPG element gets in the way of how "good" the player is. That's why I hate and don't play all RPGs. I may be a bit extreme, but I just

F*CKING HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!