The Other Island?

Mr.Waters

Hey, could anybody tell me how you get onto that other island, when I try to swim the waves go huge so it doesn't let me?

PM spammer.

You're not supposed to get over until a certain point in the story (much like previous GTAs), so swimming won't do you any good. There are ways to get over, though. Do a quick browse through these pages and you'll find that many people have added ways of doing this. The easiest and most reliable way is, I think, to complete the taxi driver side mission: This will give all cabs a "super-jump" ability, and you'll be able to jump across the barrier separating Starfish Island from the second island. Do a search, and you'll find detailed explanations.

I’d agree that progression through the storyline is better as you have something to look forward to. You don’t have to wait that long either until you get the mission that unlocks the rest of the city (From Zero To Hero).

I agree with the progression of the storyline, however, there are people-like me- who like to get all the possible side stuff (hidden pkgs, rampages, R3 Missions, etc) done as soon as possible as to create a good "starter" save so when you start a new game next time you don't have to re-do all those things again and can jump right into the storyline.

On-topic: The best way to get to the east island early is to use the pipe teleportation trick over by the airport(behind the dirt mound with a police bribe), it takes you to Link Leaf golf coarse which is on the east side. Also,a second way is if you already have a save on the east island, load up that save, start a mission on that side and when the game returns to you, pause load up your beg. save, get busted/wated(your choice), and when you spawn at the police station/hospital-depending on the method you chose; you will see a taxi-jump in and it will take you to your last mission point-which happens to be the east island and off you go to exploring that island early. This is known as the taxi glitch-what I like to call it.-It works for VC, LCS, and VCS. Hope this helps.

Extremecheese

You really need to use the search feature on this forum Mr Waters,

Here is a thread describing how to jump to the locked islands, and it works rather well - though to make it easier - use the Yankee (not the trashmaster - Yankee can be found in vice city docks) and park it just off the edge - then grab the Cheetah from the mansion's grounds and 'nudge' the yankee as close to the edge as possible - then climb on top and jump over the fence as described in that thread - Piece of cake.