The price of DLC

Ronnyboy

Seeing as both consoles are getting DLC, I thought I'd bring this up.

On the PS Store most add-ons cost $ and are rarely free. With MS it's all about MS points I belive. How much $/MS points do you think the DLC will be? My guess is $2.99 on PS Store for a few guns and a new car. With the 360's maps and cars, I cant make a guess

Yes there will be some for the PS3, just not as extensive as the 360.

Agreed.

There will be content for both consoles, just that Xbox 360 will get 2 DLC as exclusived.

Agreed.

There will be content for both consoles, just that Xbox 360 will get 2 DLC as exclusived.

ooops i didnt know that i thought that DLC would be Xbox exclusive ph34r.gif

Agreed.

ooops i didnt know that i thought that DLC would be Xbox exclusive ph34r.gif

The DLC 360 get's is exclusive. Apparently PS3 will get DLC, but maybe extra cars and skins and such (which 360 will most likely get as well). The only difference is that 360 will (most likely) get more missions with the 'major DLC', and PS3 owners will not get that.

$50 AU (about $30 US I think) dollars for 360 DLC each, I'm guessing.

if the DLC was $30 and anyone paid for that... well then those people should consider themselves schemed. thats like ridiculous for DLC. nothing has even been over $15 as far as i know so far in the next gen console DLC market.

hellknightdemon
if the DLC was $30 and anyone paid for that... well then those people should consider themselves schemed. thats like ridiculous for DLC. nothing has even been over $15 as far as i know so far in the next gen console DLC market.

hey wait ghost recon chapter 2 was like 2000+ mcp idk exactly but it was alot of money and 800 mcp is equal to 10$ 1600mcp 20$ and on and on

Oblivion: Shivering Isles: 2400 points = $30

But I think the episodes should come for $20 a piece, so i can buy a card for each one

how could r* just turn there baks on the ps3 population and not give us all there is out there

i meen PS had GTA way b4 360

not trying to get into a console war, but dont u think sumtime down the road both consoles will

have all the things the other console has?

The 360's content will not be over 800MP

If it was they would lose that whole 12year old kid market that makes up a lot of the GTA market.

hellknightdemon

Oblivion: Shivering Isles: 2400 points = $30

But I think the episodes should come for $20 a piece, so i can buy a card for each one

or just buy the 5400 point card for 50 bucks

I'm personally not soo worried about the price - ause it'll probably not be that much - for me it's more to download them, I have really sloow internet, so if the DLC is like, 1 - 2 gb, it will take ages for me! dontgetit.gif

The 360's content will not be over 800MP

If it was they would lose that whole 12year old kid market that makes up a lot of the GTA market.

They don't use some kind of age-verification thingie for downloading content for mature-rated games?

Anyway I'm guessing the 360 DLC will be around US$20-30 for each pack.

microsoft paid 50 million dollars for the packs so don't expect them to be cheap id say ($20 USA ) and like $25 in Australia. thats for each one

There is no confirmed content of any kind for the PS3 but there will be guys, guns cars, etc all that good stuff.

For the Xbox 360 they will get the exact same as whatever PS3 gets, plus the two 10 hour episodes of exclusive DLC.

This is the stuff that will happen.

You can expect 400C for the DLC each if you're lucky, but no more than 800C each.

As for PS3/360 cars, guns, clothes etc will maybe be 400C for a big pack of stuff (about $5 on ps3). Thats the average price on both consoles from experience.

Anyway for both consoles you will enjoy the content.

microsoft paid 50 million dollars for the packs so don't expect them to be cheap id say ($20 USA ) and like $25 in Australia. thats for each one

Lmao wake up pal they ain't gonna be outrageously priced, I'd say £8.50 per pack (1000C) maximum.

Microsoft didn't pay alot for the DLC guys, for Bill 50 million is what he takes on a night out. You know what I mean, when he dishes out $44.6 billion to buy Yahoo, some DLC is pocket change.

They ain't aiming to make their money back through DLC its the extra console sales and GTAIV sales for 360 that is what they want, they want people buying their console for the DLC and GTA.

Nothing to do with overpriced DLC.

Lmao wake up pal they ain't gonna be outrageously priced, I'd say £8.50 per pack (1000C) maximum.

Microsoft didn't pay alot for the DLC guys, for Bill 50 million is what he takes on a night out. You know what I mean, when he dishes out $44.6 billion to buy Yahoo, some DLC is pocket change.

They ain't aiming to make their money back through DLC its the extra console sales and GTAIV sales for 360 that is what they want, they want people buying their console for the DLC and GTA.

Nothing to do with overpriced DLC.

Yes, Microsoft has lots of money, but $50 million is pretty substantial for a couple platform-exclusive expansion packs. I can't find anything about past GTA budgets but comparing to other games, the original Guitar Hero was developed for $1 million. More relevantly, the budget for Halo 3 was $30 million. If $30 million can make Halo 3, what should Take Two make for $50 million?

Like i've said in a few other topics.

The Oblivion expansion pack, Shivering Isles was 2400 Microsoft points (if i remember correctly), so i'm expecting both GTA 4 download packs to be roughly the same price.

Just looked on Amazon and it's 17 quid for 2100 points sad.gif. Microsoft are going to gain way more than their 50 million Dollar purchase if these are the prices.

s0h607k.jpg

i think that is stupid of microsoft to pay 50 million for some addons that the playstaion will likey get about a year after all the hype is gone...

i think that is stupid of microsoft to pay 50 million for some addons that the playstaion will likey get about a year after all the hype is gone...

NOT likely. Microsoft paid for it. You might was well say Halo 3 is coming to the PS3.

I'm sure we'll get free DLC like in Forza, and the episode packs are going to cost 800 OH LOOKY OBLIVIONS ISLE PACK 2400 POINTS LOL, I guess.. MS points.

where was DLC for ps3 confirmed? it makes sense it would happen, but it has not been confirmed to my knowledge. believe me, i'd love for that to happen, but i'm not betting money i can't afford to lose on it.

where was DLC for ps3 confirmed? it makes sense it would happen, but it has not been confirmed to my knowledge. believe me, i'd love for that to happen, but i'm not betting money i can't afford to lose on it.

Yeah, it is confirmed

I would say between 500 and 800 MP for each episode, I would guess that a few would be free too though.

Yeah, it is confirmed

provide proof... i spoke to Take-Two people live in the flesh when they came to my school a while back and they specifically said DLC for ps3 has NOT been confirmed

(i go to school about 3 blocks from T2 corporate headquarters)