Good Ol' JetPack

GhostSoulJah

Man, I wonder if the Jetpack will be in service...Good ol' San Andreas time. Imagine In Gta4 People'll think ur superman and sh*t

No. I think they talked about it somewhere, it would be too much unrealistic.

Haven't heard anything about it, but R* did say last year, they would like to have some cool things that may not be realistic.

unrealistic??? in a sense the whole concept of GTA is unrealistic.

Extremely corrupt police department, parts of the city locked that you cant go into, stealing helicopters, killing hundreds of people, getting killed then coming back to life.

I think a fun cheat like that would be nice. At that point I doubt anyone would care how realistic it is or not, just to have fun in the game.

Haven't heard anything about it, but R* did say last year, they would like to have some cool things that may not be realistic.

hopefully just as a cheat.

TangoIndiaMike

I'd be surprised if they didn't at least provide cheats for these things.

My bud who's a GTA buff (turned me onto this stuff) has a bunch of these memorized. But he says there's pages and pages worth of other random cheats.

The jetpack was really just a A to B sort of thing in San Andreas, because of the huge country side.

It is unrealistic, but remember this is a game. It has a possibility to come back, but I don't see it making a return.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I can't see the jetpack coming back in Liberty City. It just doesn't seem right.

And I can't really see Niko using one.

New account: Gezim

No. I think they talked about it somewhere, it would be too much unrealistic.

If they make it to realistic it won't be any fun whatsthat.gif

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
I could've sworn they confirmed there wouldn't be a jetpack.

I believe they did, just can't remember where. But I do recall reading that as well.

unrealistic??? in a sense the whole concept of GTA is unrealistic.

Extremely corrupt police department...

A big city police department without corruption is probably more unrealistic than a jetpack.

But your overall point is valid.

Im sure it would only be a cheat...

Don't tell me anything about realism, its a cheat code, so its pretty much up to the person to do it.

Im sure it would only be a cheat...

Don't tell me anything about realism, its a cheat code, so its pretty much up to the person to do it.

No. They just woldn't bother.

Now known as Goldey.

freakonaleash107

the game is going to be very realistic (that is what i have heard and read and seen) and the possibility of there being a cheat code for the jet pack wouldn't be a bad idea... monocle.gif

"A big city police department without corruption is probably more unrealistic than a jetpack."

depends on your definition of corruption. LCPD corruption, never heard of a PD being atleast 10% as bad. Every department has its bad apples, you may hear of a few cops who get arrested for what they do on their own time, but those are the guys who slip through the cracks.

"A big city police department without corruption is probably more unrealistic than a jetpack."

depends on your definition of corruption. LCPD corruption, never heard of a PD being atleast 10% as bad. Every department has its bad apples, you may hear of a few cops who get arrested for what they do on their own time, but those are the guys who slip through the cracks.

What about the ones that taze people and use excessive force and aren't held accountable for their actions?

Slip through the cracks? You are kidding right? Systematic abuse by police depts like LAPD and NYPD, especially regarding police brutality, are very well documented. Just ask Rodney King, or that guy that got sexually assualted by cops with a plunger in the NYPD bathroom.

GTA is a parody of reality obviously, so it exaggerates tendencies that are already there. Since 911 we have been felating police in this country I know, but let's not kid ourselves.

The corruption really comes out in the form of the "blue wall of silence" in which this kind of behavior is hidden and cops don't snitch on each other. (So no, I'm not saying most cops are dealing drugs... prison guards are another story.)

Edited by Gregatron

No. I'm not a hyper-realism extremist, but that's one thing that I doubt they would put in.

Freeroam

Actually with Euphoria using a jet pack would look pretty realistic. You wont be this stiff turd hovering from point A to point B; a major plus.

Man, I wonder if the Jetpack will be in service...Good ol' San Andreas time. Imagine In Gta4 People'll think ur superman and sh*t

I hope so...Im really hopin for the electro gun from GTA1 but that wont happen sad.gif

I could've sworn they confirmed there wouldn't be a jetpack.

I believe they did, just can't remember where. But I do recall reading that as well.

Me too. I think they did comfirm there are not jet packs along time ago.

I dont know what all you people see in the jetpack if you want to fly get in a dam plane or hellicopter its much funner and you can do backflips in planes. jetpacks from san andreas i hope is a no no.

CarpetDweller

Although I've seen a lot of people claim that R* said there won't be jetpacks, I've never seen anyone give the actual source for this. However they did say...

"We want it to feel realistic and gritty. [bellic] is not going to be riding a unicycle or rollerblading. We are giving choice and variety that feels right for that character. We're not suddenly saying there are no motorbikes. We are keeping all of that stuff. It's the same range and diversity that we had but to fit the character."

... so I think we can safely assume that jetpacks will not be appearing in the regular game.

I believe that all games should have a few cheats which are purely there for fun and concidered "outside the game's reality". There are a lot of players who love exploring in GTA and the jetpack is perfect for this. The jetpack extended the amount of time I spent playing San Andreas by a huge amount.

I actually don't think it will return in IV even as a cheat, But I will be slightly disappointed.

user posted image

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jetpack in IV, just as long as it's not as bad as the one in San Andreas. A spawn point for it would be okay with me too, like a research facility... 40 storeys up. That way, it'd be something rewarding for getting up there, it's not mandatory you use it and it's a bit of fun. I don't want an ultimately futuristic jetpack either, and when I say that I mean I don't want to be able to fly about like Superman on acid travelling at 150 miles per hour. Something like this would be quite comical...

user posted image

Niko on a jetpack? Somehow I doubt it.

The jetpack idea was kind of stupid to begin with really. Thank god they cut the mission in San Andreas were you "gather your homies" and give them a jet pack to fly to Area 69 to assault it for some undisclosed reason. dozingoff.gif