File Format Convertor

Persanity

Hello all, I was searching for a program to open .cob files when I came across this lil beauty 3D Object Convertor. It can import all the .dff's I tried to open so it should work for you too. Unfortunitly it is only a 30 day eval and costs 50 to register so your better off just registering zmodeler as this doesnt import the model dummies. However you can get the GTA Example pack for zmodeler2 and use the dummies from that file to get around that problem. With this you can basicly turn a dff into whatever file format the program you are most comfortly using works with, change/edit/etc the model then change it into something either zmodeler 2 or gmax reads then export it to a dff and use in game. I hope this helps people out there get some new and exciting models in game maybe even some new player and ped models. The player and ped models you will need to import into gmax or 3d max to get in game since zmodler2 doesnt work with player skeltons. Good lcuk and happy modding!

Edited by Persanity

• 2 weeks later...

Hundred and fortyfive views and no replys? Was this already known about or is it just not useful? Can somebody tell me?

Hundred and fortyfive views and no replys? Was this already known about or is it just not useful? Can somebody tell me?

Perhaps it's not so useful at this point. Not for as long as I can't import all kinds of .dffs (there's multiple versions too) and save/export as .dff. The latter might be more interesting, importing some random 3d file and saving it as .dff.

Do you have a concrete idea what to make with this app?

Alex

It's a cool tool, i know it for a long ago, i have nearly of 10 versions with it's respective cracks (wich i will no discuse where i get them) it's true it's a useful tool, but it's not oriented at all for GTA Dff, for some coincidence the Dff format it's for Goggle Sketchup 3D software, and in someway it's like ripping something, (jeje -for myself- shut up wey, you are shooting yourself in the mouth) cause it can open a great number of formats, but remember, being in one format or another, people will notice if the model is stolen/ripped/converted for distributing purposes, cause the one who made it can recognize it own work a mile of distance, i suggest this tool for experimenting or learning purposes, and i don't suggest you to publish anything you have converted, if you want to modify or use Dff files, use the scripts of kams for 3D Studio Max, even the mapping on vehicles will be there in the right possition.

Whatever people use it for is up to them, I do not advocate stealing in anyway shape or form. I just simply wished to tell people about something I discovered. Nothing more, Nothing less.