Accuracy stat

k_jap

Sorry if it's been asked before (couldn't find it): What counts and what doesn't as far as your shoot accuracy stat is concerned? I mean, if you spray a car with bullets from your minigun in order to explode it, does those shots count as missed ones? And is there any difference between missions and free-roam? If I go ponyfarming for a while, blow up some cars, shoot randomly at windows to check if they'll break, etc., and then find a unique stunt, do it, and save afterwards - will all this window poppin' and such affect my accuracy stat? And what of red balloons?

The accuracy stat I believe is used when in the shooting range but it might also be when hitting enemies.

Are you asking what the red balloons are for or are you just questioning why they are in the game?

Hehe, no, sorry about that: I mean, what's their relation (if any) to the accuracy stat, i.e. does it count as a "hit" when you pop a balloon? BTW, the stat can't refer to the shooting range alone, because I've completed that side mission with well over 90% accuracy, and yet my stats show an overall accuracy of only roughly 65%. Now, I've been playing GTA for years, plus this is my second playthrough of VCS, so I think I shoot pretty well: On missions I rarely miss an enemy I need to take out. So I figure the low percentage must come from freeroam stuff I've engaged in - and which has been recorded by the game because I've saved at some point after doing it. Anyway, that's my theory - because there's NO way I have a percentage of 65 during missions. Unless most of the bullets you spray out during a drive-by are counted as missed shots, i.e. only the ones that actually hit a human target are counted as hits...Would've been interesting to know EXCACTLY how this thing is measured...

unknownmercenary

Just about everything is counted in accuracy

- vehicle hits (even destroyed ones)

- people hits (even dead ones)

- balloons hit

- targets at the range hit (even not during the shooting range mission)

- drive-by and FPS shooting mission bullets fired count too

- hitting the moon DOESN'T count

- hits from the Little Willie and the Hunter count, but not bullets fired

- balloons hit

...So, when you're doing a drive-by, for ex., every bullet that hits the other car (anywhere on the car) counts as a hit?

Don't get the last part: Hits from helis count, but not bullets fired? Could you clarify?

What about windows? Does it count as a hit if you manage to break a window w/a bullet?

Thanks for replying, man.

I've NO idea where all my "missed" shots have gone if what you say is true.

I can see why bullets fire from a copter only count the hits, 'cause long rounds of trying to hit something (with all those misses) would bring a percentage way down.

65% is a pretty good overall percentage, IMO.

Try starting a new game and seeing what counts and what doesn't.

I can see why bullets fire from a copter only count the hits, 'cause long rounds of trying to hit something (with all those misses) would bring a percentage way down.

65% is a pretty good overall percentage, IMO.

Try starting a new game and seeing what counts and what doesn't.

Yup, that's a good idea - will do that.

unknownmercenary

- balloons hit

...So, when you're doing a drive-by, for ex., every bullet that hits the other car (anywhere on the car) counts as a hit?

Don't get the last part: Hits from helis count, but not bullets fired? Could you clarify?

What about windows? Does it count as a hit if you manage to break a window w/a bullet?

Thanks for replying, man.

I've NO idea where all my "missed" shots have gone if what you say is true.

every bullet that hits another car during a driveby counts

every bullet that misses doesn't fcount

heli shots only count hits because it 1 hit out of 20/30 shots will register

window hits count

just about everything that would make sense counts, tbh

Right'o - thanks, man. I guess the drive-bys could account for some of it. When you're spraying bullets like that, it's not always clear what hits and what doesn't.

Heh, and I thought I was the only one who thought there was somethin funky about the stat count. You know when you're flying the military helo, the bullets fired from its minigun are probably a good deal less accurate than its portrayed.

I wonder how it is counted up though.

Good question because if tank shots and helicopter rounds count I think my accuracy should be lower than 76% its not great but compared to all the rounds I fired its amazing also I have a save for the helicopter mission and was letting off rounds continuously for 15 seconds to see if my accuracy stat would change and it was the same.