5 youngsters die in BMW crash.

Mega

Whoa, that's too bad. What were they doing on a runway?

edit: Never mind, I got it.

So what do you guys think? Did he deserve it? I, personally, think he didn't, by all means, deserve death but a couple of minor injuries would have set his wits straight. I might sound cold, but this should be a lesson to all those children who take their parents' cars and bring along their friends to show off. I've been to some third-world countries, and the same happens there. Most kids take their parents' cars for street racing, mimicking the Need For Speed series. Except they don't have high-performance cars. I've been to Singapore, and they mostly use underpowered Protons.

Edited by stingray132

Well if he was going to drive fast then surely one of the safest places to do it is an empty airfield. He obviously didn't take the time to learn the area first though.

They were very unlucky but at lest they weren't racing about on a public road where they could have killed others in an accident.

BqipfxO.png

Its a shame...but hopefully this won't be turned around on the BMW by the public. The only benefit i can find in it being the M5 is that he may have not known how to get all 500hp out of it. Maybe he didn't hit the fun little M button. Still doesn't really matter seeing they all died, but thats the consiquences of ones ignorance.

I got to drive a BMW M5 back in '06 a month before I left for the military. My old boss, Eddy, took me with him down to North Carolina to drag race his Camaro. We ended up hooking up with some ladies at the track, all too old for me, and they wanted to go out to the bar. I got stuck on Designated Driver detail and that ment driving them all around. Since Eddy's truck could only really hold 3 people, we took one of the ladies car's...a BMW M5. After they had their fare share of Apple Martinis, we headed out to the car and they didnt want to go directly home, so I got to do some high speed runs and some burnout/drift around fun in a local mall parking lot. I only went 130mph, but it felt like it could have went forever. The power of that thing and the way it revved was amazing.

Back on subject, the kids died on a runway...at 4am. You know for fact that the driver stole the car from daddy for a joy ride and didn't watch the "runway ending" warning signs on each side of the runway. Idiot.

No matter how safe the car is, it all comes down to how experienced the driver is. Even the best safety system can't save the occupant from death in most cases. I haven't, but my friend has been to India, and he told me that boys race in the world's most unsafe cars in the world; local Indian cars. notify.gif Imagine, racing in a Tata Nano.

tuff_luv_capo

Those posts sound like my350z.com. Some kid comes on wondering how to shift better or whatever, then this happens:

Stopping suddenly is what kills.

Only if you're going "fast" though. Speed kills. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

It's fools driving cars fast that kills, as shown by this crash.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

Suction Testicle Man

Nobody deserves death, but this kind of thing is all too common. There isn't much way to teach responsibility - he showed on his posts on that forum that he's prepared to pretend to be responsible, but that all goes out the window with a little peer pressure. His Dad is probably some rich idiot that trusts his son not to attempt land-speed records on airfields at 4am - tough lesson for him. It's crap like this that makes my insurance cost so much. confused.gif Oh well, evolution at work I suppose.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

Oh well, evolution at work I suppose.

Yeah...I am pretty sure its called "Natural Selection"

And, I thought I had high insurence rates...looking at you guys across the pond makes me gracious for my less than $900 dollars a year insurenc rate.

And, I thought I had high insurence rates...looking at you guys across the pond makes me gracious for my less than $900 dollars a year insurenc rate.

I'm shocked at your insurance rates too. happy.gif

How do they let a 16 year old get away with only $100 a month for a 6.7 litre Ford F-150 pickup (on their parents' insurance)?

Anyway, back on topic: I'm surprised they manage to kill themselves, generally someone responsible enough to test their car on a runway rather than the motorway wouldn't be foolish enough to not notice all the runway markings and lights at the end, and still crash into woodland at a high enough speed to kill all of them!

Are they sure there wasn't some kind of brake failure since someone must have slammed on the brake pedal or maybe even a passenger would've made a lunge for the handbrake? I have a feeling everyone was probably looking at the tachometer, and didn't expect the runway to finish before the car reached top speed.

9H7Sj34.jpg

Are they sure there wasn't some kind of brake failure since someone must have slammed on the brake pedal or maybe even a passenger would've made a lunge for the handbrake? I have a feeling everyone was probably looking at the tachometer, and didn't expect the runway to finish before the car reached top speed.

I personally believe that it happened due to misjudgment. They must've known that the runway ends at a certain point, but misjudged the distance and took off of the runway. It is a runway and it is long, so they must have probably reached a very high speed, thus making braking useless.

I personally believe that it happened due to misjudgment. They must've known that the runway ends at a certain point, but misjudged the distance and took off of the runway. It is a runway and it is long, so they must have probably reached a very high speed, thus making braking useless.

So you blame the ignorance of runway length rather than the fact that they shouldn't have been out in the M5 at 4am let alone driving on an airstrip.

rolleyes.gif

Well if he was going to drive fast then surely one of the safest places to do it is an empty airfield. He obviously didn't take the time to learn the area first though.

They were very unlucky but at lest they weren't racing about on a public road where they could have killed others in an accident.

Yeah.

I think most kids still street race because:

1. Official tracks aren't that widely available.

2. Tracks could potentially be more dangerous

{at least more dangerous than a freeway that

isn't in a major city like Dallas or L.A.}

for kids because you gotta have experience to

handle all kinds of racing conditions, and most

kids would have trouble learning this.

3. Track memberships cost money, and most

kids don't have much spare cash on hand.

{And of course, peer pressure plays a role,

as epoxi pointed out}

So yeah, I think that's mainly why this s**t happens.

I feel sorry for the families, though.......

GM Dude is now scared of runway racing, and feels

like s**tting his pants at the very thought sarcasm.gif

sad.gif Edited by GM Dude

If i was rich and my dad owned an 08 plate M5, i wouldnt dream of righting it off.

Couldnt they have just took a rope and hung themselves and sent the car to me sad.gif

user posted image

Most likely that this kid was just a show-off.

Yeah GM Dude: most of these things happen due to peer pressure and kids trying to look daring/cool.

9H7Sj34.jpg

swolo yaggins

Especially not a kid driving an M5.

Horrible death. I hope I die behind the wheel of a car at high-speed.

5192:12.3.02
LM/SSH

mkl

• 2 weeks later...

Especially not a kid driving an M5.

Horrible death. I hope I die behind the wheel of a car at high-speed.

You serious?

{I guess some people wanna go out in a blaze of glory, don't they? devil.giftounge2.gif }

What the f*ck does John Travolta's house have to do with anything? What about that other house closer to the crash. Who owns that?

Seriously, it makes me sick to see kids driving cars of that caliber. "Thanks dad."

What the f*ck does John Travolta's house have to do with anything? What about that other house closer to the crash. Who owns that?

Seriously, it makes me sick to see kids driving cars of that caliber. "Thanks dad."

RiP for the 5 rich kids seriously. but I heard John travolta likes to fly did they know travolta? thats a mean car too fast for some silly kids to be blasting down a runway, If my life is that lovely I wouldn't be riding with a bunch of knuckleheads with no gas money, I would be riding with 4 ladies to the house. I was 19 when I bought my first jag but it was a 92 nothing compared to a m5 you have to use self control with hi-powered machines like that just because the speedometer says 190 doesn't mean you got to see it do that I wish people would be more responsible with what God has given them lord knows I do.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.