Take-Two Stock Jumps on Grand Theft Auto IV News

Ja750

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc said on Thursday it will release the highly anticipated "Grand Theft Auto IV" video game on April 29, sending its shares up about 11 percent. 

The announcement lays to rest lingering concerns over Take-Two's most valuable property, which was delayed from its original release date last fall.

The title is the latest installment of the "GTA" franchise, one of the most popular video game series of all time and one that has stirred controversy for casting players as thugs who steal cars, run drugs and murder rivals.

"GTA IV," widely expected to be the top-selling title of 2008, will be released for Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 home gaming consoles, Take-Two said.

Take-Two shares were up $1.57, or 10.9 percent, to $16.03 in mid-morning Nasdaq trade. The stock has fallen 11.6 percent over the past year but has risen 30 percent since hitting a year low of $12.25 when it delayed "GTA IV" in August.

Source

Not overly surprising. Now that a release date is known for the game, we have a general schedule to go by. It's good news all around for investors.

zUd3j4P.png

Although this has little to do with revealing anything new about the game, it is STILL news.

If you have a problem with this thread, report it. Otherwise either contribute to the topic or don't post anything at all. Replies such as "I don't care", etc. are useless. Thanks.

zUd3j4P.png

This is good information, especially to corporate investors.

I think it's worthwhile to know this stuff if you are an ardent fan. At least know about what's going on with the publishers of the game.

i've owned this stock before. any GTA4 announcement def. affects it but if ur considering buying it, idk if i would right now since the global economy and american in particular sucks major dick right now. i'd probly wait to see if it went under $15 per share to get into it and then probly sell it after the first week or so after GTA4 is out and they announce the 1st week sales.

You'll be far better off investing in Gamespot if this is your thing. Visit http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=GME and click on "MAX" on that chart. Look at the history, game sales are projected to be even higher this year, what with GTA IV and other great titles...

Smart guys are saying it's hard for TTWO to break that $19 mark, but if it does, it'll go up by $6 - $8 apparently.

smart people would buy some stock and then sell it after it spikes when the game launches and all the news about it being a record seller comes out.

smart people would buy some stock and then sell it after it spikes when the game launches and all the news about it being a record seller comes out.

Yeah well if it was that easy we'd all be millionaires wouldn't we... Stocks arent as black and white as they seem...

Yeah well if it was that easy we'd all be millionaires wouldn't we... Stocks arent as black and white as they seem...

ya seriously... theres a lot of outside factors that affect stocks like the piece of sh*t dude who killed the market recently by doing some scheme that cost the Société Générale Bank $7.2 billion. but if TTWO is down around $14 i'd say buy in and then sell once they announce first week sales. cus it'll go up to around $18 - $20. unless of course it doesn't meet the high expectations in which case u might be f*cked.

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc said on Thursday it will release the highly anticipated "Grand Theft Auto IV" video game on April 29, sending its shares up about 11 percent. 

The announcement lays to rest lingering concerns over Take-Two's most valuable property, which was delayed from its original release date last fall.

The title is the latest installment of the "GTA" franchise, one of the most popular video game series of all time and one that has stirred controversy for casting players as thugs who steal cars, run drugs and murder rivals.

"GTA IV," widely expected to be the top-selling title of 2008, will be released for Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 home gaming consoles, Take-Two said.

Take-Two shares were up $1.57, or 10.9 percent, to $16.03 in mid-morning Nasdaq trade. The stock has fallen 11.6 percent over the past year but has risen 30 percent since hitting a year low of $12.25 when it delayed "GTA IV" in August.

Source

Everyones saying this is news....whether we liek it or not...Hopholly they think the same thing about my Lazlow return & vice city TV topic...But I agree any news about GTA IV is good news...unless of course its anther delay confused.gif

This is good information, especially to corporate investors.

I think it's worthwhile to know this stuff if you are an ardent fan. At least know about what's going on with the publishers of the game.

Yeah it's nice to know they are in business and still going strong

Now known as Goldey.

Saw a couple articles on this as well.

Anyone who invested after the delay was announced is doing pretty well right now, TTWO is up like 30% since that drop. And GTA IV pretty much has to do well.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

No suprise, the stock should continue to rise the closer we get to the release and the hype machine begins working at full capacity.

Nice news, but I'm not surprised. Grand Theft Auto is really the game that increases Rockstar's, and consequently Take Two's, budget. But they could increase their gain releasing Mafia 2. cool.gif