Car Flipped, Will it erupt in flames?

Soliex

I understand R* is getting more and more realistic with every GTA release. Which brought me to think about the typical GTA solution for a car flipping, Burn and Blow up. It's not realistic for a car to automatically catch fire once it flips. So in GTA IV, Im wondering will a flipped car catch fire? It would make sense for a flipped car to just remain a ... flipped car.

Btw, this is my first post and Just want to introduce myself.. Cant wait for April!

I hope the flipped car will transform and kick my ass for driving so bad! ph34r.gifnotify.gif

Wasn't their something about it in the reviews? It's harder to flip them or something?

Yep something about suspension or something like that.

I'd like it if they didn't, unless it's a flip off a really high bridge or something, in which case it should just blow up instantly, movie style. I also hope cars will be more 'bullet proof' than in previous GTA's. No matter how long you shoot a car door, it will never, ever cause the car to explode. Would fit in nicely with the new cover system in any case.

Wasn't their something about it in the reviews? It's harder to flip them or something?

Well it could be this way, because I think they already stated that cars will now feel more heavy. To tell you the truth, I felt like driving plastic toys in GTAIII series. whatsthat.gif

And I really hope it doesn't blow up flipped. Wondering if some car blows up surrounded by other cars, will they still blow up? I mean highway disasters as in San Andreas when my car blew up and it started the WWIII. dozingoff.gif

Well it could be this way, because I think they already stated that cars will now feel more heavy. To tell you the truth, I felt like driving plastic toys in GTAIII series. whatsthat.gif

And I really hope it doesn't blow up flipped. Wondering if some car blows up surrounded by other cars, will they still blow up? I mean highway disasters as in San Andreas when my car blew up and it started the WWIII. dozingoff.gif

Yeah I'm on WWXLIV

9Lives: an unrealistic thing about the previous gta-games where that the cars always exploded when they where to badly damaged , is that still in ?

JT: Yes, u can "kill" them on other ways , if you are not that good at driving, it could be that the engine doesn't hold it and the car will stop driving, also the damage effects are much more realistic

9Lives:and what if the car flips ? does it catches fire ?

JT: no,but you wont see a car flip on its head that often, because of the improved physics engine

link

I know I've said this before, but I think they should make it like The Simpsons (show) where everything bursts into flames and explodes when it tips over - bicycles, baby carriages, etc. ha

Edited by T.I.P.

i think rockstar said, that flipped car's will not blow up.

The Best Game In 2008. Grand Theft Auto Iv, Will RELEASE WORLDWIDE ON TUESDAY, APRIL,29,2008.

Snake Without a Tongue

A flipped car exploded in the trailer, and the previews said that damaged cars explode, so... yeah, all evidence says same old 'splosion dynamics.

No, LINK

Quite a dodgy source you've got there.

There are some big confirmations for some major features in there, such as unlocking sections of the city, spawning. You would think this info would be on other sites as well.

Coupled with the abbreviations ("u" for "you") and the fact its from some obscure German (?) site, I wouldnt put too much stock in it.

Imagine all the cars you crashed just staying there. How annoying would that be after awhile. So they have to have a way to get rid of them.

Jeronimo Barrera of Rockstar games said that cars are harder to flip over due to the new physics engine, and once the car has flipped it won't burst into flames. read for yourself...MTV Preview

XXIX.IV.MMVIII

Marian Gaborik
Jeronimo Barrera of Rockstar games said that cars are harder to flip over due to the new physics engine, and once the car has flipped it won't burst into flames. read for yourself...MTV Preview

Would you trust a guy named Jeronimo?

Irony...

And do you not have any friends...

...this is his 11th banned account. Someone clearly has too much time on their hands.

i hope not, i lost some of my favorite cars because i turned too tight at a high speed... cryani.gif

Edited by memind

Would you trust a guy named Jeronimo?

Yes, but i wouldn't trust a guy with a name like "Marian Gaborik" ..wtf?

XXIX.IV.MMVIII

man, i hope they keep this in, i loved the rush of trying to get away from the car before it exploded, it added more fun to a police chase when you had to get away from the explosion while trying to avoid bullets and jack another car!!! cryani.gif ahh good times!!! keep this in please....

i guess its not going to be a big problem cause the physics of the cars and everything are massively improved. So it will be much harder to flip a car

I do not hope that the realism will influence the old style GTA things too much, like car burning/exploding when flipped etc. confused.gif

yeah

cars will be much hrder to flip and they wont explode

and the cars will stop working if they get too much damage but wont explode

i think

I remember a quote in one of the reviews that Nikko had to jump out of a car on fire... So I was a little worried that this means there is the car catching on fire and blowing up after too much damage... But time will certainly tell... I guess the car just dieing would be cooler anyways...

you missread it... Niko dosent die when inside a car and it explodes for some reason.. he flies out with the explosion in the euphoria ragdoll physics and rolls... just takes alot of health off i suppose.. confused.gif

I'm pretty sure they won't explode like in the old way. I can imagine a huge accident with the car ending up flipped over would create an explosive situation, apart from that, unless your car is really damaged then if you manage to flip it, it'll probably just stay flipped and I don't expect that you'll be able to flip them back over by sprinting into them like the old games.

I didn't know Niko doesn't die if the car explodes hmm...