There Will be Blood

TOGA62

I think it just came out yesterday, I'm not sure, but I don't seem to see anything here about it yet.

It stars Daniel Day-Lewis and is about an oil prospector who's greed for money destroys his life. Seems simple, but the film was pretty good I thought. The diologue was really well done, and some of the stuff his character says and does is so heartless it made my jaw drop. None the less, I enjoyed it a lot, and it seems most critics did too. Certainly was a different type of movie. Anyone else watch or heard of it?

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

oh well, thats what happens when I post to high to remember how to use the search feature. (or maybe thats 2 years of not having it to use causing me to forget). tounge2.gif

Good movie none the less. haha.

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Man, I badly want to see this film, unfortunately it's only in select cities. I wish it wasen't, I could have seen this instead of Cloverfield.

Everytime I see the trailers, it gives me goosebumps. Daniel Day-Lewis looks damn impressive, and it just looks like my kind of movie. Those clips of the young priest look mighty impressive with him seeming to be on some holy spirit rant.

Well, Daniel Day-Lewis won the Critic's Choice Award for Best Actor, so he must have really acted his ass off. The scenes in the trailer that show him with his son look really endearing. I will end up watching this eventually.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

Fail topic is fail.

Anyways, after following such an evil character for so long, you begin to feel, well, emotionally numb. It's crazy! Also, I loved the visuals. The part where they show the oil puddle on the ground from a top-down view, while that crazy music is playing in the background, was disturbingly foreboding. In addition to this, the sound was tip-top, and really matched the story quite well.

In short, the movie matched my hype, and nothing ever does that. Master-f*cking-piece, no doubt.

Edit: ["spoilers"] should work. It means basically the same thing as ["spoiler"]. Fix that.

Edited by Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

Digïtál £vîl

This has actually been out since Early January, late December if I remember correctly. However it has been shown in select locations with the viewer base slowly expanding to more theaters. It is amazing that a movie with such little coverage has so many Oscar Nominations (including best picture if I'm not mistaken).

I'm waiting for a DVDscr copy to come out to watch this rolleyes.gif even though it has been at my local theaters for the last month or so.

Yeah, I saw it a couple days after Christmas in LA. It was an absolutely great movie, I'd recommend it to anyone. DDL did an incredible job.

I watched it on Wednesday night, and judging from you guys and other people I've talked to I seem to be the only person who didn't think it was some masterpiece. While I'll admit I enjoyed the acting, and that the general plot was sound - I feel at points the film began to beat-around-the-bush, particularly in the relationship between Daniel and HW. It drags. A lot.

It's a decent enough film, but succeeding the sh*te spewed out these days isn't an overly difficult stretch to take.

If I actually typed out how I felt completely by the movie, I'd be echoing Nero. Daniel Day-Lewis was f*cking incredible.

4XEtraA.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.