Please Help (St. Marks Bistro)

scouser

If any of you lads could help me with this I'd be really grateful.....

I've got as far as the St. Mark's Bistro mission (this time around) only to find that as my taxi pulls up outside the bistro it falls through the floor as I get out (as do I) or alternately I see a screen (of the bistro) and hear the cutscene dialogue then dissapear through the floor, landing in the water with dead mafia around me and nowhere to go. I've tried respawning in the bistro with GTASA control centre but just fall straight back through.

I've spend a lot of time modding this game with vehicles, clothes etc. but have not to my knowledge added any mod which affects the main story (makes the missions unplayable) so I think I may have inadvertantly removed a file relating to the bistro's floor or something, but don't really understand which files do what in the game blush.gif SO...if anybody has a suggestion on how to fix the problem by replacing a file or something without reinstalling the entire game and losing all of my mods, then I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry for the long-winded thread, but I wanted to try and be as clear as possible. Thanks.

Darren.

Post a Snp in the Mission Help Forum, and before posting the topic read the rules pinned at the top of the forum. We'll say if it happens with us.

I don't think it would anyway, because i could think the mods would be causing it, but if it's just one mission, we can do it for you wink.gif

I've spend a lot of time modding this game with vehicles, clothes etc. but have not to my knowledge added any mod which affects the main story (makes the missions unplayable) so I think I may have inadvertantly removed a file relating to the bistro's floor or something, but don't really understand which files do what in the game

Any particular mod can affect the gameplay in one way or other if it has bugs. So until and unless you uninstall and then reinstall all mods one by one, you can't find out which mod causes the glitch.

If you don't want to do that, you can post a SnP in the Mission Help forum as gtamodder has suggested.

But if you want to do it yourself, I would suggest you to reinstall the game and play it without mods.

Post a Snp in the Mission Help Forum, and before posting the topic read the rules pinned at the top of the forum. We'll say if it happens with us.

I don't think it would anyway, because i could think the mods would be causing it, but if it's just one mission, we can do it for you wink.gif

I appreciate the suggestion but I don't want to have to get someone else to do the mission every time I get to this point in the game. Thanks anyway though. I guess it could be the mods, but all I have is vehicles, clothes and weapon skins at the moment. Looks like I'm going to have to do a total reinstall, mods and all then. Hours of fun. sad.gif Appreciate the quick response though lads. Thanks

Wait, i have a good idea. You may need 6GB'S (or more or free hard disk space to do this)

Copy your san andreas folder into My Documents (the one that has the mods)

Uninstall San Andreas

Delete san andreas folder (located At C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas.

Do not delete the one in My Documennts.

Delete the .set file (located in My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files.

Install game.

Now try using the unmodded copy to do the mission, after you finished it you can start using your mods again.

The one with the mods would be in My Documents i told you to copy it to.

But you can copy it anywhere else if you want to wink.gif