Just Help Me One Point.

DAN-1243

Hi there,

People keep saying how they're dissapointed about the fact that when you want to get a weapon that its the same as other GTAs and you just pull them out like magic instead of carrying them in a bag.

But ive looked and havent seen this in the preview I read so could someone post a link to that preview.

Thanks.

I hope you do get to carry some weapons in bags, it adds more realism.

Thanks for your help.

f*ck the realism, Say for example Niko carries all the guns in a bag. He goes to pull out a AK47.

He bends down

Opens the bag

Takes the gun out of the bag

How long would that take? 3 maybe 4 seconds?

What’s happens in those few seconds, bad guys shooting the sh*t out of you? Great to see the animation once or twice, but imagine how annoying it would if you have a 4 second delay every time you wanted to pull out a gun.

Bugger that

Raindancer_5.gif

They said that pulling out a weapon in public will cause panic and garner police attention. But yeah, I don't know about storing in them bags like that.

Edited by Grae

f*ck the realism, Say for example Niko carries all the guns in a bag. He goes to pull out a AK47.

He bends down

Opens the bag

What’s happens in those few seconds, bad guys shooting the sh*t out of you? Great to see the animation once or twice, but imagine how annoying it would if you have a 4 second delay every time you wanted to pull out a gun.

Bugger that

When I say it, no one listens.

When a mod says it, everyone listens!(considering 1 reply, and 1/1 people means everyone who replied, that still counts!)

That would effect gameplay. 'Magically appearing' won't.

LukeWALTON9190

i dont want a delay between switchig weapons to begin with and if we have to hide our weapons it might be a pain in the ass having to constantly hide a massive rocket launcher and get it back out

also, carrying weapons will add weight to niko and could affect how fast he can fun which might be realistic but it's not very fun for most people

there is a line between fun and realism that i hope rockstar dont cross and make this game boring (which I very, very highly doubt they will do)

Magically appearing weapons isn't a problem for me. Maybe we'll be able to rob securicars or drug dealers for certain missions and the bags will hold the money or SPANK, and we'd risk having them get lost/destroyed, and can transfer them to trunks, and maybe that's the extent of their use. Oh, and there should be dead skunk in the trunk type stuff too, but this time more interactive...

Edited by Grae

He bends down

Opens the bag

Bugger that

why wont you arm your ak47 before the shotout?

think for a minute lol

every one says the gta games are to easy soo this way is harder!

thhanks rockstar

You'll actually have to think alot more about things if its more real, and that one of the things I like about the idea.

shattered-minds

To be honest, I couldn't care either way. I think people are making a big deal out of a little thing. If your guns magicly apear they magicly apear,if you don't like that, you get over it. If you have to carry them round you have to carry them round, you dont like it, you also get over it and adapt to having to get them out before a gun fight. I highly doubt any of the whiners will be bothered when they actually play the game anyway.

chapman_bobby

He bends down

Opens the bag

Bugger that

Not if the bag has a shoulder strap. He could just reach back and pull it out while standing. It's a small and quick animation that adds a nice touch to the game.

-Bobby

I agree with shattered, when most people pick up the game they might care for like five minutes, then they're going to see all the things the game has to offer and completely forget about.

Also, I think it was in the Kikizo preview where the confirmed magically appearing guns. I think it was in the last mission "Truck Hustle".

You can expect very scarface-like combat and effects when carrying in public.

Scarface was made by remedy > Remedy made max payne > is owned by rockstar or something

So yea, scarface gunplay...

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I dont no why people are complaining about the "magic gun" appearing because i just looked at metal gear solid 4 gameplay and its just the same (except snake carries far more weapons and gadgets), yet no-one complains about that.

The bag will be used for the sniper rifle like in Hitman you have a briefcase.

I forget which review I read it on but it says they used 2 sniper rifles one with no attachments not even a crosshair and one with many attachments,one which even tells you how strong the wind.Rockstar also said you could customise your rifle so I say thats what the bag is for.

Zombified Jake
The bag will be used for the sniper rifle like in Hitman you have a briefcase.

I forget which review I read it on but it says they used 2 sniper rifles one with no attachments not even a crosshair and one with many attachments,one which even tells you how strong the wind.Rockstar also said you could customise your rifle so I say thats what the bag is for.

Nice icon14.gif

Like the sound of that

Ya know...at first I was slightly disappointed by having weapons appear out of midair like in previous games, but their right. The first three or four times of watching niko pull a 9 out of the breast pocket of his jacket would've been cool. But after that...I dunno. Especially with bigger guns which would have to be concealed in either a briefcase or duffel bag. It'd take longer to pull all that out, meanwhile your getting shot like Tony Montana did at the end of scarface the movie. cry.gif

That'd suck if you constantly had to pull out weapons. I'm glad weapon changing remains the same.