Easy Mission Restarts!

Liberty2k7

This was really one of the only things Saints Row had that GTA's lack of always annoyed me. Now we have the option to restart a mission automatically rather than going to whole way from the hospital/police station to the mission marker. What do you guys think of this?

"Rockstar also mentioned that if you fail a mission you'll be given the option to jump straight back in and have another attempt, using text messages on Niko's mobile." IGN Preview

That would be awesome,cause I hated when I died and respawned miles away from the mission marker and with no weapons...

I never had a problem with this, but it could be handy on those long missions.

Mission checkpoints?

I don't know about mission checkpoints, I mean with the whole new level they have gone with the missions, checkpoints would kind of seem old confused.gif

Just my thought thought.

The autosave feature does have its ups and downs. I aways hated finishing a mission before I had to go somewhere and it taking an extra 5 minutes to get to a safehouse to save it. Thing that may hurt this feature is that if people want to replay a mission or a set of missions since it is rumored that the game can be somewhat openended, you not be able to see where different outcomes will lead you.

Buy hey, thats what replaying the game is for and this feature might encourage this more for people who only play through the game once.

I don't know about mission checkpoints, I mean with the whole new level they have gone with the missions, checkpoints would kind of seem old

Well I would think having to travel to an icon every time you want to save seems more "old".

I was thinking more like an icon like before, for saving when not on a mission, but have checkpoints at certain parts of missions, and maybe only have one or no checkpoints on the easier missions, that way you wont have to start the entire mission over, just the part you died or "failed" at.

38773_s.gif

i hope you can take the autosave off. i always enjoyed the victory ride back to a safehouse after a mission biggrin.gif

I don't know about mission checkpoints, I mean with the whole new level they have gone with the missions, checkpoints would kind of seem old

Well I would think having to travel to an icon every time you want to save seems more "old".

I was thinking more like an icon like before, for saving when not on a mission, but have checkpoints at certain parts of missions, and maybe only have one or no checkpoints on the easier missions, that way you wont have to start the entire mission over, just the part you died or "failed" at.

True, traveling back to where the mission started would be "old".

How about more of a "if you fail, you fail" approach, and you then had to wait for X ammount of time/days etc. befor you can try again.

Example:

- Target goes to bank every wednesday, if you fail killing him, then you have to wait untill next wednesday.

The quick mission restart sounds great! And autosave sounds good too, in the old game when saving I'd get into a habit of getting through the save menu quickly and once I'd completed Vice City 100% I started the story again and saved over my 100% file through habit of going to that save slot.

Snake Without a Tongue

I'm extremely happy with the mission restarts. I don't typically have to replay a mission many times, but I despise reloading.