vc-mp

black08

i have the game gta vice city and i installed vc-mp the installation went well but when i try to start vc-mp it says gta-vc.exe-application error

the application failed to initialize properly(0xc00000ba).click on ok to terminate the application

Edited by black08

That's right. You need to install VC-MP to your Vice City directory. Basicly whatever directory you vc.exe is.

did you install VC:MP in your Vice City game folder?

yeah i made a folder in the vice city that says vc-mp and i put all the vc-mp stuff in it

That's right. You need to install VC-MP to your Vice City directory. Basicly whatever directory you vc.exe is.

yeah i did that its a folder full of stuff like

anim

audio

icons

movies

models

mp3

data

mss

txd

skins

readme

userdata

text

mss32.dll

gta-vc

but it just keep sayin error when i try to start it is it because i dowloaded san andreas before vice city

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Delete that folder. You need to install it directly to your vice city folder. When you install vc-mp and it asks where to install it, install it to your vice city directory. DO NOT make seprate folders for the data.

In short, Don't make seperate folders and install it to you vice city directory.

EDIT: Found this sometime later, it may help

Edited by Smoke2jointS

okay i have deleted the folder and download it to the directory but i try to play the game it still say start vc-mp it says gta-vc.exe-application error

the application failed to initialize properly(0xc00000ba)

plus when i press start it dont ask me to look for the directory what should i do!!!

i wanted to play this game since 11/17/07

cold fusion 33

I think I had this problem a while ago, it turned out to be windows firewall stopping VC:MP from launching. Strange thing is VC:MP wasn't on the block list on Firewall settings. It may be on yours, if so make an exception for it.

Me and Ring of Fire must have spent 2 weeks tryinhg to fix the most simple problem in the world.

CF33

i seen the video like 10 times before i installed it at all it was my first video i watched ... so i did what u said and watched the video again but same problem happened again

I think I had this problem a while ago, it turned out to be windows firewall stopping VC:MP from launching. Strange thing is VC:MP wasn't on the block list on Firewall settings. It may be on yours, if so make an exception for it.

Me and Ring of Fire must have spent 2 weeks tryinhg to fix the most simple problem in the world.

CF33

were should i locate firewall in my computer and wat does cf33 mean??

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem. but i gave up on instaling it again. i tried 4 times but the same error keeps appearing.