Character animation

Co3y

Euphoria is on the fly physics, when getting shot, falling and all that sh*t.

What you see in that picture is animation. Let's say someone is walking. That's prescreened animation where a guy in that black and blue ball suit does it. Euphoria comes in when the character is interfiered with something, let's say a car. He will react from the position he was in, the way he was hit, how fast, what part of the car and so on.

Randomhero157

That car looks f*cking sick. I will tear it up in that car. Down that ally smashing into the tractor trailer, OH MY GOd, I need this game!?!?!?!? I can't wait until tomorrow. GIVE ME SOMETHING@!#*%^^

Zombified Jake
GIVE ME SOMETHING@!#*%^^

Have a cookie cookie.gif

Heh and yup, same here.

And that animation looks sweet, I really wanna see what GTAIV can do.

What you see in that picture is animation. Let's say someone is walking. That's prescreened animation where a guy in that black and blue ball suit does it. Euphoria comes in when the character is interfiered with something, let's say a car. He will react from the position he was in, the way he was hit, how fast, what part of the car and so on.

I'm sure Euphoria controls all the character animation? The animations are no longer scripted.

I'm sure Euphoria controls all the character animation? The animations are no longer scripted.

Na, things like cutscenes are scripted as well. It's just what the character reacts to once it is interfiered, I'm pretty sure.

Na, things like cutscenes are scripted as well. It's just what the character reacts to once it is interfiered, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, i knew cutscenes were scripted. Anyway I'll take your word for it.

It's what I think. I'm not sure on it, so you shouldn't take my word, but it seems right. I don't think Euphoria will be doing all the work.

It's what I think. I'm not sure on it, so you shouldn't take my word, but it seems right. I don't think Euphoria will be doing all the work.

Yeah, i know what you mean. You're right definitely.

seriouslycrazy

All Euphoria does is make animation interactive.

In other words... Everything you may see, i.e walking, running, looking out the back of a car when reversing, is all scripted animation.

But what Euphoria does is adjust the animation, procedurally, based on adjustments of gravity, adverse camber... stuff like that.

So to answer your question... Yes, like all animation, that animation is influenced by Euphoria.

I think it would be a nice touch to the game and make it all look more natural.

but i didnt think Euphoria had anything to do with that? confused.gif