san andreas won't play.

psy145

ok, ive had san andreas installed for ages and it worked with mods but i uninstalled it all then installed it again and it wont play i click on it and nothing happens... (V2 by the way)

user posted image

Try these. I had this, and these fixed it.

Put gta-sa.exe into windows 98 compatibilty mode (right click gta-sa.exe, click properties, compatibility tab and choose 98)

Delete the .set file (located in My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

If none of these work, please post your system specs.

(right click gta-sa.exe, click properties, compatibility tab and choose 98)

You mean this.

Yeah i mean that.

I posted it to show psy145 how exactly to do it.

(right click gta-sa.exe, click properties, compatibility tab and choose 98)

You mean this.

Yeah i mean that.

I posted it to show psy145 how exactly to do it.

none worked so i give up

user posted image

Uninstall the game. Delete any leftover folders manually. Clean out the registry using CCleaner. Then try reinstalling the game and see if it works.

What changes have you made to the system since the last time you played SA? You might want to try a System Restore to the point where the game worked.

Uninstall the game. Delete any leftover folders manually. Clean out the registry using CCleaner. Then try reinstalling the game and see if it works.

What changes have you made to the system since the last time you played SA? You might want to try a System Restore to the point where the game worked.

well that will be hard since i lost everything on my hard drive

user posted image

Try creating a new administrative Windows XP/Vista account (go to "User Accounts" in the Control Panel), delete [.set] file, and run the game from the newly created one. Sometimes the NTUSER.DAT file and the Appdata/Local folders get corrupted. Also, compatibility mode is never needed for any GTA game - just turn it off.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

What r u guys talking about, gta sa drifter(the guy started this topic) didnt mention his game ver that worked b4. Maybe he needs a downgrader.

Try creating a new administrative Windows XP/Vista account (go to "User Accounts" in the Control Panel), delete [.set] file, and run the game from the newly created one. Sometimes the NTUSER.DAT file and the Appdata/Local folders get corrupted. Also, compatibility mode is never needed for any GTA game - just turn it off.

i think i still need to install my drive updates or something

user posted image

What r u guys talking about, gta sa drifter(the guy started this topic) didnt mention his game ver that worked b4. Maybe he needs a downgrader.

my game worked perfectly before (it even had mods) but now it doesnt work

user posted image