GTA IV

GTA_Vet

Right, i just had a scan through the GTA IV general Discussion and i couldn't find anything. So please dont have a go at me, just answer my question please if you know anything about it? smile.gif

On GTA IV for the PS3, will there be an Online Mulstiplayer to play on line with friends, if so, how much can the servers hold?

yes there will be online multiplayer its not mmofps

players and type of online havn't been announced yet but im a 360 fanboy so less players than the 360 online lol jokes.

I'll be getting both versions anyway

Multiplayer info has been little to none. As far as I know, both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 will have some type of multiplayer. Unless I missed something, the only other detail is that it will be limited to 16 players in a single session. I read that somwhere, though it could be wrong.

Pkay, thanks, Do you know if i wanted a sessions with my friends, would i have to make a server & pay for it? icon14.gif and what does Online on GTA allow you to do as ive never played it online?

BurningRevenge
what does Online on GTA allow you to do as ive never played it online?

Like previously said we know almost absaloutely NOTHING about online, give it some more time and details will appear, I'd think.

what does Online on GTA allow you to do as ive never played it online?

Like previously said we know almost absaloutely NOTHING about online, give it some more time and details will appear, I'd think.

Okay, thanks alot people, if you hear anything post in here please colgate.gif

A Rockstar spokesperson said they want to get 16 Players Max on both XBL and PSN, but it is still all unknown.

As for creating your own servers, I guess you could, just like other online games like CoD4, but I think it would have less lag with a dedicated servers(a server not based on someones PS3 or 360, but rather a whole server dedicated to holding that server up and info in it).

Well I think more then 16 is possible. Resistance 2 is supposed to have 60 player mp.

Well I think more then 16 is possible. Resistance 2 is supposed to have 60 player mp.

It's possible, but Rockstar know what they're doing and probably think more than 16 would ruin the fun.

in5dJdX.png

Pkay, thanks, Do you know if i wanted a sessions with my friends, would i have to make a server & pay for it? icon14.gif and what does Online on GTA allow you to do as ive never played it online?

I doubt it, the only games you would have to pay for to play online would be MMORPG games, such as Final Fantasy.

And yes, you most likely will be able to invite friends to your game, either through a game menu or PS3 Home (coming sometime early this year I believe.)

icon14.gif .. As long as i can play with a few of my mates, without Lag, i couldnt careless colgate.gif

SA MP lags and has too many bugs.

I hope they look at that and know how to fix it. Something like Counter Strike. No lag in that.

And CoD4, I live in saudi (Somea the worst internet) and I play against US people with horrible Latency or lag, but it doesnt affect my game at all. I don't know what they do, maybe set a neutral bit of lag for everyone on the map to balance it out *Shrug* If everyones lagging, no one is?

And CoD4, I live in saudi (Somea the worst internet) and I play against US people with horrible Latency or lag, but it doesnt affect my game at all. I don't know what they do, maybe set a neutral bit of lag for everyone on the map to balance it out *Shrug* If everyones lagging, no one is?

I see what you mean, Where your from is the internet any good?

players and type of online havn't been announced yet but im a 360 fanboy so less players than the 360 online lol jokes.

both versions?

both versions?

PS3 and 360.

Dude, PS3 sucks, why did you get it?

Fanboyism much....And the multiplayer will be like Saints Row im guessing if youve ever played that, or like most multiplayers.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Yeah both versions are expected to have about 20 users online at the same time.

New account: Gezim

a couple of months ago i read, that the 360 can handle 16 players online, and the ps3 32, as i know it from warhawk. is that true? and if so, will be gta4mp like that?

Resistance 2 will hold 60 players online. ahah

roarr, this is gonna be fun. how bout the 360 and its future games?

Zombified Jake

I played Resistance and I actually didn't enjoy it. Dunno what the fuss is about it, nothing special.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Zombified Jake, it's called an opinion.

yeaeahhhh, I'm not sure man, Gears?

But we going way off topic here.

Zombified Jake

Yeah yeah I mean I am not going against your opinion, sorry about the misunderstanding.

(And Gears is quite different to Resistance anyway, dunno why they are always compared.)

Yep off topic orly.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Yeah yeah I mean I am not going against your opinion, sorry about the misunderstanding.

(And Gears is quite different to Resistance anyway, dunno why they are always compared.)

Yep off topic orly.gif

Actually people now, are saying that Uncharted is PS3's Gears of War.

Link 1

Link 2

Zombified Jake

Yep off topic orly.gif

Actually people now, are saying that Uncharted is PS3's Gears of War.

Link 1

Link 2

...Wow. suicidal.gif

Bit odd

I played Resistance and I actually didn't enjoy it. Dunno what the fuss is about it, nothing special.

All First Person Shooters are nothing special in my opinion, except for Call of Duty 4, that was a damn good game.

speaking of GTA IV online for the ps3, anybody wanna add me as a friend so we can kick ass online when GTA IV comes out? my psn id is K-E316.