2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*San Andreas V1* works on Windows Vista!

Ring_of_Fire

The problem I have is that the game doesn't even starts, when I try to start the game nothing happens.Would some like to tell what is wrong with my pc(Vista Home Premium).

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500

Video/Graphics Card Type: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

RAM: 2 GB

• 3 months later...

i have a question, where can i find the .SET file? cant find it anywhere. search function of windows doesnt showme anything and google is also no help this time.

i have a question, where can i find the .SET file? cant find it anywhere. search function of windows doesnt showme anything and google is also no help this time.

Search in the following locations:

C:\Users\your username\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data

Also note that if you've installed the game newly, the set file is generated only after you get to the main menu of the game. If the game crashes before the main menu, the set file won't be generated.

Tried reinstalling? Like this;

1) Uninstall SA.

2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder (if it exists).

5) Reboot.

6) Reinstall SA.

And run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

i cant even uninstall the game, this is the erros it gives when i click the uninstall.exe

>setupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(469

PAPP:Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

PVENDOR: Rockstar Games (http://rockstargames.com/)

PGUID:D417C96A-FCC7-4590-A1BB-FAF73F5BC98E

$10.50.0.125

@Windows (6000) IE 7.0.6000.16809

do u might have a solution for this error? because if i want to get rid of it i have to delete the folder and search through the register and that takes a while.

I suggest you delete the files and folders manually and clean your registry with a good registry cleaner. Then follow the steps I suggested in my previous post.

ok it works now, im running it in WinXP SP2 modus, but i can only run the game on 640*480 otherwise i get a low FPS.

draw distance is like 50% res 640*480 and detail on high but AA and stuff has to be off.

• 6 months later...

i have the first version of gta san andreasand just got vista but it wont run the disk. does any1 know how to fix this?rahkstar2.gifanuj_cop.giffacedesk.gif

Anyone know a solution to this error message? I got this right after installing the game.

user posted image

I have the disc in the drive, and I only have one cd/dvd drive. So how can I insert it into another drive? And I doubt it's a hardware issue since I've run this game before many times in the past.

And it seems patching to 1.01 fixes this, but I can't seem to play MTA at v1.01. :\

Edited by Frisk

Do you have any image mounting softwares like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, etc.? If yes, uninstall them. Also, close all running applications before starting the game.

If that doesn't help, run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode. Turn off UAC from Control Panel, if you haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I figured out why the GTA games freeze/mouse freeze randomly, the problem is every now and then when you load a game/play for a while, the game freezes or the mouse freezes right after the game loads, the CPU usage will jump to 100% causeing the program to "not respond"-thus causing you to have to ctrl + alt+del to get to the task manager to end the program. I have confirmed this a few times, because EVERY time either the game freezes or the every now and then when the mouse freezes, I hit ctrl+alt+del and go to the task manager to end program, and when I click on the Processes tab, it shows 100% CPU usage for a couple of seconds, then goes back down to around 4% like it normally is. So the problem lies with the game trying to use too much CPU power-it shouldn't be anywhere near 100% usage normally, since I have a Dual-Core Processor.

I possibly found the problem, but have not found a solution other than the ctrl+alt+del method. This goes for III, VC, and SA, and is for Vista AND XP SP3. Hope this helps.

This is from the Vice City topic, I am posting it here too, so the folks having the same problems with SA will know the problem as well. I don't usually do duplicate topics like this, but this time I felt it was ok as it was talking about a troubleshooting problem, and I meant to post it in SA, as the VC forums is not as active anymore.

• 2 years later...

* Graphic Corruptions.

Fix -> Download the "nomorehotcoffee" patch here -> http://nomorehotcoffee.com. Also update your Vista graphics driver, delete [.set] file, and reset ForceWare/Catalyst back to their factory defaults  Now make sure to set the resolution you want to 32-bit and reconfigure the graphics settings to your preference. As a last resort, try a Windows XP driver. The "Black Roads" bug also is another kind of graphic corruption, see below.

I can't believe no one noticed this before, but that is not really a "fix" as the Patch DOES NOT work on V2 and V3(Steam/D2D) versions of the game(the ones that are sold as of June 2005.) The Patch is for V1 ONLY(the ones released prior to June 2005).

Sorry 'bout the bump, but since this is a Pinned topic it is best to keep it as up to date as possible, plus what I have gathered from other Mods/led-by's/Admins, it is better to bump an old topic, rather than create a new one(even Lil Weasal ans Girishb? have said that themselves in past topics) I know Lil weasal has, cause I got a few PM's him about it-lol tounge2.giflol.gif