1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

*San Andreas V1* works on Windows Vista!

Ring_of_Fire

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=310254

^ Now THAT'S the solution for this thread. Mouse Freeze, Black Screen, CPU priority, processor scheduling, main menu... almost everthing!

I have is that it lags so much as to where you cannot move at all or barely

Delete [.set] file and see if it doesn't lag. If it does, then upgrade your hard drive to a SATA 2 7200RPM and your processor to a dual-core. But first, what's your graphics card?

Settings you should use on a very weak graphics card:

* Resolution = 640 x 480 x 32 bit

* AA = OFF

* Visual FX Quality = LOW

* Draw Distance = LOW

* Mip-mapping (this will reduce road quality and will lead to Black Roads) = OFF

MOUSE FREEZE / BLACK SCREEN FIX

Down below...

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

• 2 months later...

Do want to play San Andrea’s on vista just do this

Enable your main admin account and log on to that account when you want to play

If you use your own user/admin account it will not play and if it doe's you will only receive crashes, freezing ect'

I have install hundreds of programs and games and have found quite a few that will only execute properly if used in the main admin account.

Vista #uck up as normal, Vista’s little annoyances but so is DEP from occasion as well as UAC but I personally think the general idea around those two is good just have to iron out those quirks but would recommend leaving them on always except when needed to install certain programs

I have gta_sa.exe assigned in DEP but I am not sure if this makes any difference, if it’s allowed or not

I just automatically assigned it assuming the worst, Simply try it first without assigning DEP

As for

Graphics, 100% no Problem what so ever

Sound, 100% no Problem what so ever

Mouse, 100% no Problem what so ever

make sure if you altered any files just put it back the way it installed apply your cracks if any and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY

This probably would work for all GTA games, there’s only one way to find out Login Admin.

Hope this helps you guys

I’ll check back to see if any of you had a problem.

Regards

Daz

Pocketpc

daviescirca93

Got it running colgate.gif seems the second video method in the first post works icon14.gif

Thank you very much smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Well I've tried every solution there and I still have the problems with my vista. Am I officially f*cked and cant play GTA SA without f*cking pausing now? awesome.

I need serious help. I have a laptop that I use for GTA SA Version 2 and i used my desktop keyboard for the Ceasar Vialpando mission to do the lowrider thing. After that mission, I have not been able to load any saved games thereafter.

I can't use my mouse to click on any of the game settings, my saved games don't load, and when "loading", it turns to a blank screen with "load game" at the top left corner and freezes......

My systemlooks like this

1 GB Ram

Intel(TR) Celeron® M CPU [email protected] 1.73GHz

Windows Vista Home Premimum

128mb Video/Graphics Card

Please help! suicidal.gif

If it was working earlier, it should work now too. Do any of your other saved games load?

I need serious help. I have a laptop that I use for GTA SA Version 2 and i used my desktop keyboard for the Ceasar Vialpando mission to do the lowrider thing. After that mission, I have not been able to load any saved games thereafter.

I can't use my mouse to click on any of the game settings, my saved games don't load, and when "loading", it turns to a blank screen with "load game" at the top left corner and freezes......

My systemlooks like this

1 GB Ram

Intel(TR) Celeron® M CPU [email protected] 1.73GHz

Windows Vista Home Premimum

128mb Video/Graphics Card

Please help! suicidal.gif

Did you mod the game?

No modding was done to the game. The only thing I did different was using my desktop USB keyboard for the lowrider mission. Ever since, it stopped working.... Should I reinstall?

No modding was done to the game. The only thing I did different was using my desktop USB keyboard for the lowrider mission. Ever since, it stopped working.... Should I reinstall?

You say you used the USB keyboard on your LapTop...

Was it for the NumPad keys? Did you know that that the NumPad on a LapTop is imbedded in the keys around the JKL keys? and to turn it on you use the Blue Funtion Key [FN] usually located on the bottom row left of the space bar?

Have you tried resetting the System to a previous saved Day?

You say you used the USB keyboard on your LapTop...

Was it for the NumPad keys? Did you know that that the NumPad on a LapTop is imbedded in the keys around the JKL keys? and to turn it on you use the Blue Funtion Key [FN] usually located on the bottom row left of the space bar?

Have you tried resetting the System to a previous saved Day?

... I had no idea there are numpads on my laptop.

I'll give resetting the system a try. Thanks.

Hey, thanks to all who contributed. I simply rebooted my computer and tried it the next day. Apparently, something was wrong with my resolution or something. I had a friend look it over and he explained the problem using computer jargon, which I don't understand at all.

Anywho, thanks for the help! lol.gif

crazymodder

meh i got my GTA SA back and im often using vista ultimate these days. so does this works on vista ultimate, with the pc specs on my sig?

psss, mods, please pinned this topic to the important topic.

Edited by crazymodder

so does this works on vista ultimate, with the pc specs on my sig?

Yeah, it will, it will work with those PC Specs you have.

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so i'll ask it here. Is there any permanent fix for the random mouse freezes on Vista? It plays great and gets great fps on Vista with no lag, but the random mouse freezes do get kind of annoying after a while-plus it happens every now and then on my XP pro sp2 laptop as well, just not as much as on Vista.

-_Laptop_-

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Video/grafiks:Nvidia (dont know anything more)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 2.10GHz

RAM 3 GB (better be enough)

it is like the game freezes 15 sec when i come to the rockstar logo, when i press Esc ingame (to pause).

the game freezes for a long time when i am trying to load a game or start a new one.

i have played san andreas before on vista but that was on a non laptop (dont know what it is called).

it was a much weaker pc, and it was on vista ultimate.

i bet it will run smoothly if i get xp

-_Laptop_-

it is like the game freezes 15 sec when i come to the rockstar logo, when i press Esc ingame (to pause).

the game freezes for a long time when i am trying to load a game or start a new one.

i have played san andreas before on vista but that was on a non laptop (dont know what it is called).

Try disabling the User account control (in Control Panel)

And try running the game in Win98 Compatibility mode.

-_Laptop_-

Try disabling the User account control (in Control Panel)

And try running the game in Win98 Compatibility mode.

can you be a little more detailed about disabling user account control??

To disable the User Account control, go to Control Panel, then click user accounts, then it will say something like "Turn user account control on or off"

Click that, and untick the box that says use User Account Control (UAC). Then click ok and it's then disabled.

hmmm... well i disabled UAC and ran it in the compatibility mode 98, but i still have the 15 sec freeze and big freeze on load/new game confused.gif

Dude, take it easy. It wasn't even a day since you last posted. There was no need for the bump.

As for your problem, I have heard this issue with Vista if you have an on-board Realtek sound card. There's some incompatibility issue with the drivers. They work fine with XP but not with Vista. I suggest you try updating your audio and video drivers.

Another method was to set the priority to 'Below Normal' or 'Low'. Start SA, minimize it and open Windows Task Manager when you reach the Main Menu (by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del), select Processes, right-click on gta_sa.exe > Properties > Set Priority.

I'm not sure if this works, but if nothing else does, this is worth a try.

Dude, take it easy. It wasn't even a day since you last posted. There was no need for the bump.

As for your problem, I have heard this issue with Vista if you have an on-board Realtek sound card. There's some incompatibility issue with the drivers. They work fine with XP but not with Vista. I suggest you try updating your audio and video drivers.

Another method was to set the priority to 'Below Normal' or 'Low'. Start SA, minimize it and open Windows Task Manager when you reach the Main Menu (by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del), select Processes, right-click on gta_sa.exe > Properties > Set Priority.

I'm not sure if this works, but if nothing else does, this is worth a try.

sorry for the bump suicidal.gif, its just im bored at school, and i have so much fun do on san andreas.

but i will try what you said biggrin.gif

how to update audio and video drivers??

how to update audio and video drivers??

Start > Run > Type 'dxdiag' > OK

In the Display and Sound tabs, you will find the version of the drivers installed on your PC. Then go to the manufacturer site of your audio and video cards and check if there are any updates available (i.e. drivers with a version higher than the ones you have).

$gt. Fletcher

This thread delivers all the help a Vista user and a SA fan can get, however I have really no problems with playing SA on my laptop, excluding something that has been mentioned here - sometimes when I minimize the game with the Windows button or when I load a game and the mouse doesn't work it tends to freeze, a problem which can only be solved via getting the task manager open and closing it. It hasn't happened at all lately. The mouse sometimes still acts up but I just quickly pause and then go back to the game.

It is interesting to note that I used XP for a while because I got tired of Vista, and the game didn't run well even on the lowest minimum settings while it is all good with the maximum resolution on Vista. Guess my laptop is built for Vista then. I returned to Vista not only because I was unable to play SA - I must admit its charm got me as well.

$gt. Fletcher

Sorry for double posting, but there is a quick and easy tweak solution if you are interested in making Windows Vista remember the priority. For some reason you are required to go to the Task Manager after your run SA and switch the priority every time you leave and then run the game again.

1. There is a small program called Prio (http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html) which includes a "Save Priority" option when you right click on the gta_sa.exe in the processes section of Task Manager but for some reason it didn't work for me so I went with a more manual solution.

2. All you have to do is open Notepad (Start - Accessories - Notepad) and just copy this into it:

start /high gta_sa.exe

Instead of /high you just put in whatever priority you wish to run the game in. Now save this file into your GTA San Andreas game folder. You can name it whatever you want but instead of creating it as a text document you select All Files in the 'Save As Type' field, and name it *random name*.bat. If you now run the .bat file it for a brief moment brings up a Command Prompt screen and runs it in the preferred priority. It's just important to create it as a .bat file.

Now, I suggest creating a shortcut for the bat if you wish to run it from anywhere else but the SA folder. Name the shortcut what you want (the default SA desktop shortcut is called GTA San Andreas). Now right click on it, choose Properties and click on the Shortcut tab. Click on the Change Icon... button, go to your GTA San Andreas folder in the small window that comes up, double click on the real SA executable and double click on the one icon that comes up. Then press OK, exit the Properties and there you have it.

Now it always runs with the priority you like.

Edited by $gt. Fletcher

just wondering if someone else knows what the 30 sec delay when pause, start up the game and load/start a new game?? smile.gifsmile.gif (i said 15 before but that was just a simple guess)

ayushisrocking

* Graphic Corruptions.

Fix -> Download the "nomorehotcoffee" patch here -> http://nomorehotcoffee.com (http://nomorehotcoffee.com). Also update your Vista graphics driver, delete [.set] file, and reset ForceWare/Catalyst back to their factory defaults  Now make sure to set the resolution you want to 32-bit and reconfigure the graphics settings to your preference. As a last resort, try a Windows XP driver. The "Black Roads" bug also is another kind of graphic corruption, see below.  alien.gif

According to my experience(i fixed my brother's lappy's graphics corruptions in SA)you just need to visit this topic(FOR INTEL GRAPHICS USERS ONLY)

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=373430 (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=373430)

smile.gifcolgate.gif