Converting RM to MP3

Gantons Most Wanted

Gantons Most Wanted

Hey does anybody know where i can get a program like this that doesn;t cost money and thats trustworthy???

Yeah, way to link him to a really useful Google search! Not like, y'know, he could have done that himself. It'd be different if a great result were right there, at the top of the pile.. But that's not the case. Searching Google for conversion software brings up the sh*ttiest f*cking freeware/shareware tripe on the net.

You can use dBpoweramp to do this, mate.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

All the poor thread starter cares about is to convert a simple RM to MP3 which any application can easily do. You don't need to bother with advanced programs. It's not like you are gonna keep the program forever.

lol - I bet the programs on Google can do the same thing the thread starter wanted to do. CONVERT!

Searching Google for conversion software brings up the sh*ttiest f*cking freeware/shareware tripe on the net.

What's sh i tty about it? If the thread starter tries one of them and it does the job, then you are wrong. lol.gif

Ganton's Most Wanted, there is no reason why this shouldn't do the job -> http://www.rm-mp3.org/

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Gantons Most Wanted

no the programs that came up on google are dog sh*t you get it and its just a crappy trial version and you have to pay to unlock it and i want something that works you know??? but thanks for your suggestions everyone i'm gonna try some of the sites mentioned.

no the programs that came up on google are dog sh*t you get it and its just a crappy trial version and you have to pay to unlock it and i want something that works you know??? but thanks for your suggestions everyone i'm gonna try some of the sites mentioned.

You know what, I am gonna grab a RM file for myself and if it ever converts it to an MP3 successfully, then you guys are lying.

no the programs that came up on google are dog sh*t you get it and its just a crappy trial version and you have to pay to unlock it

It's easy to bypass the trial. You can simply uninstall/reinstall the program, create a new Windows XP account or even set a restore point first and then do a System Restore to restore the original registry settings. Plus, the trials give you enough time for you to use the damn program anyway?

Plus I have good warez site, a torrent site, and a trial resetter. But of course I can't tell you the links so that's why I linked you up to Google instead. tounge.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Nobody's lying, Ringeh.

You ever wonder why you end up doing so many system restores? Your go-to piece of advice? It's because you indiscriminately download these "freeware" programs that come bundled with obscure spyware and other nasty sh*te. You shouldn't install anything on a whim - and you certainly shouldn't be advising other people to do so.

cold fusion 33

Can't you just scan everything you download? Has wprked for me I think, on 4 conscutive installs of XP. Damn failing hard drive angry.gif .

Nobody's lying, Ringeh.

You ever wonder why you end up doing so many system restores? Your go-to piece of advice?

I don't have problems with my computer. And who told you that I do System Restore everyday on my computer? lol

It's because you indiscriminately download these "freeware" programs that come bundled with obscure spyware and other nasty sh*te.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rm+to+mp3

The word "Free" is listed. So you are saying that ain't freeware? And there isn't any spyware because I go to warez site everyday. Plus I have my AntiVir and Spyware Blaster to protect me.

You shouldn't install anything on a whim - and you certainly shouldn't be advising other people to do so.

Why do you need a perfect program to convert an RM file to MP3? confused.gif

You've spoken in the past about your frequent system restores.

Anyhow, "free" or not, you shouldn't be downloading and installing crap. You should research any program before installing it.

Alright then, genius.

You've spoken in the past about your frequent system restores.

Nah, I recommend that to people. I didn't actually do it like everyday.

Don't take it personally - it's just not smart to do otherwise. Thanks to the reams of misinformation and misdirection out there, it's hard to find a good program that works properly without issues. Try converting FLV, for example - up until recently it was a dodgy proposition without the professional software.

Instead of searching google, searching audio-specific websites would be a good start, like videohelp.com is to video.

Yeah Ring_of_Fire.. Let's use FhG encoder for mp3, DivX for video encoding, Internet Explorer for browsing, Windows Media Player for media, the BitTorrent client for torrents..

Get my drift? Actually, I don't know why I ask, it's doubtful.

Irregardless of that, linking to such a simple and useless Google search is f*cking lame.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

As far as I am concerned, RM is a streaming format, which means you cannot convert it directly, but you'll have to dump the audio from the stream and then convert the dump.

Should be easy enough with mplayer/mencoder.

mplayer -dumpaudio file.rm

Now that you have the dump, usually called stream.dump, you can easily convert it with lame.

lame stream.dump file.mp3

Of course there are some switches for lame so you can set some higher quality. The stream.dump is usually in WAV format.

Fozzy Fozborne

Wow Ring, two topics complain about your postings in one day. Nice.

Anyway, I personally like Audacity as it's very easy to use as others have said.

Wow Ring, two topics complain about your postings in one day. Nice.

Anyway, I personally like Audacity as it's very easy to use as others have said.

Yeah, but can it read streams?

Fozzy Fozborne

He didn't say anything specifically about streams, I thought he just meant downloaded RM to MP3 conversion.

He didn't say anything specifically about streams, I thought he just meant downloaded RM to MP3 conversion.

You cannot "download" an RM file like a usual format, e.g. "AVI" or "OGG". RM is a container for a direction online which is a stream. Ergo, RM is a stream format. Which mean RM files always appear very small.

See the Wikipedia article.

Irregardless of that, linking to such a simple and useless Google search is f*cking lame.[/color]

Yeah, Google is lame as a search engine overall. Google is the worst search engine ever. Nobody should use it. Also, nobody should never need to find the manufacturer's website and their software downloads via search engine.

Where's the link, loser? And tell us how you knew about this software. Don't tell me you used a search engine to find out... lol.gif

Should be easy enough with mplayer/mencoder.

Ooo, nice software recommendation, eh. You think this could be one of the best converters? I will download it. smile.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Fozzy Fozborne

Irregardless of that, linking to such a simple and useless Google search is f*cking lame.[/color]

Yeah, Google is lame as a search engine overall. Google is the worst search engine ever. Nobody should use it.

Hmm, that's odd because it's what?, one of the top five most trafficked sites on the internet?

To move this topic back to where it should be (*cough* without Ring) colgate.gif, you are obviously trying to convert streaming audio audio into MP3, so if you under stand what Svip is saying, try that. I didn't think it was possible to convert streaming media (short of the analog hole), but I've been known to be wrong.

Edited by Fozzy Fozborne

So you are saying Google is great then? You love that site don't you?

How about you EmSixTeen? tounge.gif

Yeah, Google is lame as a search engine overall. Google is the worst search engine ever. Nobody should use it.

Hmm, that's odd because it's what? One of the top five most trafficked sites on the internet?

He was being facetious because he misunderstood Em's post.

I don't think he's all that great with the english.

How do people know what the best software is in the first place and how did they find out? Most importanty, how did they know where to get it? These are my questions?

How do people know what the best software is in the first place and how did they find out? Most importanty, how did they know where to get it?

Ring, nobody is saying that google isn't worthwhile. We're telling you that posting a google search, in place of advice, was not the best or most helpful thing to do.

Damn, only if I were to post an application that I immediately saw on Google! biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't convert files that much so I wouldn't know what the best software is.

I'm fairly sure that any computer problem or advice could be solved/stated by posting this most glorious of links.

Come on guy and give me a break. It was just because I didn't know what software is best. And when we are on a forum and as long as we are on-topic, we get rewarded with +1 post count.

Anybody think derty's advice was good?

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

lame - for once - is widely regarded as the best MP3 encoder there is. A lot of other converters uses lame. Sites will tell you they favour lame encoded MP3 files over other MP3 encoded files.

As for dumping the audio, doesn't really matter, as long as it can. mplayer does that job very well.

If you wish to know where to get these applications. Check out mplayerhq.hu and lame.sourceforge.net for each.

I personally regard mplayer as the best player of videos there is. It is largely customisable, it has a lot of functions that allow you manipulate with the videos you're watching in a lot of different fashions that I have not seen elsewhere. I could go on about mplayer, but in this case, you want it to dump audio. It can do that, but that is not the only thing it can.

lame - for once - is widely regarded as the best MP3 encoder there is. A lot of other converters uses lame. Sites will tell you they favour lame encoded MP3 files over other MP3 encoded files.

As for dumping the audio, doesn't really matter, as long as it can. mplayer does that job very well.

If you wish to know where to get these applications. Check out mplayerhq.hu and lame.sourceforge.net for each.

I personally regard mplayer as the best player of videos there is. It is largely customisable, it has a lot of functions that allow you manipulate with the videos you're watching in a lot of different fashions that I have not seen elsewhere. I could go on about mplayer, but in this case, you want it to dump audio. It can do that, but that is not the only thing it can.

Do you prefer mplayer to VLC?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.