3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Gabriel Constantin

Punk

Jesus'En'Hitler420

So I suppose it makes no difference what they do with the money made either? Much of it has been known to be given to causes across the world. Although I can't say with much certainty what Chris Cornell does with his, I've seen pictures of Zach traveling to meet leaders of left wing revolutions.

No comment on the Clash's slashing of prices? Did I change your view a little of them, or do you still stand by your hardass idea that they didn't give a f*ck about their fanbase and just chased dollars?

I guess you'll just take the stubborn hardass approach, since you seem to think that big label is end all of everything. Pity, the harcore bitches. Just too damn hardcore...

Edited by Jesus'En'Hitler420

Tetsuo2501

And I'm sure that it never crossed your mind that Zach did that to put a 'we rock for the cause!' image for RATM? Publicity is a wonderous thing. As for The Clash slashing prcies, that's just some ole bullsh*t, I have original printings of bands like Black Flag, JFA, and Discharge, namely the Discharge album that I have it's double sided 13 songs each side, original printed price on the album 3 f*ckin pounds. As for big name labels, I personally believe that they're the demise of the music scene, muscians get dicked out of so much money due to contract regulations, and mishandlement, look at Wu Tang Clan, A Tribe Called Quest, and Dead Kennedys. Dead Kennedys not being on a major label, but Jello Biafra has no ownership of any Dead Kennedys music, logos, or merch due to contract regulations.

This topic was originally about the punk music scene, but you decided to come in here and insult me of how 'hardcore' I'am. It's funny how publicity, and endorsement works, you have your nose so far up The Clash's ass I'm sure you'd sh*t liquid London Calling albums. I'm sure you also think that the Sex Pistols started the original punk scene too huh? You can go ahead and keep reading your nationally produced 'punk' zine's and keep watching your documentaries, that tell you what they want you to know and believe in. Take comfort in your ignorance, because it's bliss, isn't it?

Jesus'En'Hitler420

Oh no, I know Zach can do that. infact, I really could careless about RATM.

Same ole bullsh*t? Nah, not true. That's the way it was, and that's the way they did it.

Big name labels, I agree. They suck, they f*ck up a lot of sh*t. Now we have the internet, so big label was really the only way for them to get their asses from England to here. Hell, the USA divisions didn't even care about them, they said they sounded to "tinny" and thought they would fail, that is until their first album was the top most imported to the U.S.

It's a sad deal that the other two guys from DK continue to play under that name without Jello. I wish they'd die.

No, I believe the roots of punk lie in Iggy Pop, and the New York Dolls, just to name a few from that era. I guess I could be wrong, but afterall, can even you really say with any certainty who started punk?

It's not a documentary thing, but the truth was, they played that sh*thole club 17 nights, and they did it because they knew people wanted a damn good show, they got jipped out of it by the city and owner, and in the end, they gave it to them. They did that consistently. I show you that vintage news footage from a couple posts ago and all you can say is I just watch lame ass documentaries. I guess they just went and manipulated the evening news too. Truly stupid right there, Tet.

And so I sh*t London Calling albums, big f*cking deal. Just too damn hardcore for the Clash. Presented with facts, still deny. Your skull is so f*cking thick with your opinions of whats apparently real that I could beat you with that triple album and you'd still spout the same old lame ass hard to the f*cking core bs.

Loosen up, this is just the way this pathetic world goes 'round, and they used it to their advantage. I find it actually funny that they managed to screw around with the big wigs so much, and get as much of an audience as they did while doing it. I'd like to think of these past couple of posts as being not just about the Clash, but what you can still do, even with a big label. I hate it that it's this way, too. I hate seeing rehashed Clash material being shelled out in stupid ass 25th anniversary editions, the Singles, or whatever else Epic/Sony decide to f*cking do, without any of the bands say. Leave that sh*t to Eric Clapton and the Grateful Dead or whoever the f*ck.

A reporter once asked Mick, the lead guitarist, what constitutes a band selling out, to which he replied "You go to a gig, and you want to get a ticket, but then the man at the booth tells you it's sold out."

Tetsuo2501

I wouldnt call a link to a you tube video 'vintage news footage'

And what's your deal with this whole 'hardcore' facade? It's obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about, someone fed you some bullsh*t about The Clash and you just absorbed it like a sponge. For f*cks sake you called The Stooges 'Iggy Pop' sad.gif

I'll say it to the day I die, The Clash are f*cking sellouts. Bruce Springsteen, and Bono did a f*cking cover of London Calling, during a tribute to The Clash... f*cking mainstream lmao.

Jesus'En'Hitler420

So those half witted classic rockers thought Joe's song was good, I'm not going to blame them for actually liking something decent. Too bad they couldn't write a song worth a crap themselves.

The hardcore facade thing is because you're so "hardcore" to the point of being an elitist. I have no problem with hardcore, but you Tet, have this image in your head that there's only one way to be truly punk, and you won't let it go to spite all the evidence that you're wrong about a band that more than deserves its place.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? Retard. Sorry for not being "right" and saying the Stooges, figures an elitist hardcore prick would pick on something so insignificant.

Tetsuo2501

Yeah you're right, I' am an elitest, but that's because I know good music, from washed out, iron-pressed, nicely tied recordings that you call 'punk'

it's ok though, one day when you can think for yourself, and not live by others opinions, you'll see that you're wrong smile.gif

btw: The Stooges, Iggy Pop and The Stooges, and Iggy Pop are all different bands. wink.gif

Edited by Tetsuo2501

Jesus'En'Hitler420

Bro, I know what it's like trying to fit into crowds, actually I don't, I've never tried, but I can see why you think that way when all your buddies stressed to you the importance of not signing your name to anything. I know, contracts are such evil things in some groups.

Only the first album is punk, but even the groups you mentioned knew how real the Clash were even after that first. Jello says it all the time. Why should anyone listen to some asshole with a grudge against the band and how they actually did something with themselves, when we can listen to someone who actually knew them.

You're just making yourself look like an asshole, sure you know some underground groups, I can name underground groups, too. Big f*cking deal. I could sit here, show you newspaper clippings, more news video from the time, and you'll sit there behind your computer, claiming it's all a conspiracy, and the band and whoever else manufactured it.

Quite frankly, I just think you look for any excuse to give yourself reason to hate them. Agreed?

btw: The Stooges, Iggy Pop and The Stooges, and Iggy Pop are all different bands. 

All contributors to the beginning nonetheless, no matter what combinations you call those people. Sorry, I know, you thought you had me. Gimme some Danger, please.

Statutory Ray
Being on a major label goes against pretty much everything punk stands for. Punk isn't supposed to appeal to the masses.

Says the guy that said punk is all about the music.

(Says the guy that said says the guy that said punk is all about the music.)

You can rail on a certain band for being "mainstream" all you want, that doesn't change the genre of music they play, nor does it change the fact that they, at one point, made music that you would like if you weren't as big a tool as the sheep who only listen to music on the radio because they think the most popular music is the best.

Listen to what you like.

@Jesus'En'Hitler420 you're going to get a sh*t storm from all the "tru punx" for mentioning Jello Biafra. He licensed his music for use in a movie or two back in the 80's, and despite admitting himself that was a mistake and being at the forefront of modern day counter-culture, he's still a sellout because punks are a bunch of neurotic, self-appreciative, anti-social tards who can't let go of anything (INCLUDING THE FACT THAT PUNK IS DEAD)

At least the hippies were nice.

Jesus'En'Hitler420

I've already gotten a sh*tstorm from the tru punx, well just one true punk, actually. I don't see how much deeper I can get.

I believe Jello licensed his music to a punk movie, "SLC Punk." Kill the Poor was played during the credits, if I remember correctly. However, movies can't be punk. Lol.

ass reamer
(INCLUDING THE FACT THAT PUNK IS DEAD)

Yes, punk is dead, so f*ck off and quit posting in the topic.

bagga rabbit

(INCLUDING THE FACT THAT PUNK IS DEAD)

So did it " burn out or rust ?"

Statutory Ray
I've already gotten a sh*tstorm from the tru punx, well just one true punk, actually. I don't see how much deeper I can get.

I believe Jello licensed his music to a punk movie, "SLC Punk." Kill the Poor was played during the credits, if I remember correctly. However, movies can't be punk. Lol.

Jello didn't even have the rights to the music in 1998, so I'm pretty sure it was the rest of the band that licensed songs for that.

Also, mention SLC Punk and you'll bring in droves of "tru anarchists" that explain why the logic followed in SLC Punk detailing the hypocrisy of anarchism are in fact wrong, and it's just most people's perception of anarchy that is contradictory.

I want to hear this topic's opinion on NOFX. A lot of punk friends I have hate them, and call them sellouts, though as far as I know they've always been on indie record labels. I guess since Bad Religion formed Epitaph and they were once on Atlantic, that makes NOFX sellouts by association?

Or is it just because they're too poppy?

I unashamedly admit I like them.

ass reamer

I don't like NOFX because of their music., I just don't like it. To be sellouts you actually have to have some sort of values that you completely go against, and I don't think they ever really had any, so they aren't sellouts imo.

Why is that whenever someone talks about punks they always say something like "tr00 punxx"? I don't know anyone who spells like that.

Moonshield
Why is that whenever someone talks about punks they always say something like "tr00 punxx"? I don't know anyone who spells like that.

I bet people who like the Casualties and the Unseen do.

outcest

most everybody I know in the scene around here digs NOFX. There's a heavy pop punk presence locally, so that has something to do with it...

personally i don't mind them...don't listen to them that much, but they're fine.

ass reamer
I bet people who like the Casualties and the Unseen do.

I like both those bands and I don't think I've ever called myself a tr00 punk.

BIG DICK CHENEY

Tetsuo Is on Sum Srs Punk Goes Crunk Sh*t in Here....I Bet u Could Break dat Cracca in Half Wit One Clean Punch.....

WastedEngland

Who's heard the song "Punk Song" by NOFX?

It's on one of their special album things, I think its like a mock on hardcore bands.

Funny thing is I prefer the way they sound in this song rather than the way they usually sound, does anyone know any bands that truely sound like this?

Moonshield
most everybody I know in the scene around here digs NOFX. There's a heavy pop punk presence locally, so that has something to do with it...

personally i don't mind them...don't listen to them that much, but they're fine.

Yeah, a lot of the hardcore kids around here (my old roommate was a big proponent of this) are into catchy, dumb, fun pop punk like nofx and new found glory. It's like pop punk has been legit all this time.

Alick

Punks good, Black Flag inlove.gif I do like pop-punk, hate to admit it but it's so damn catchy hah. I couldn't care less about 'sellouts' or 'true PUNX' to be honest, I can't see why it matters. But another one of my favourite bands is Bouncing Souls and Rancid.

Slamman

I bought some used DVDs at the pawn shop, among those of interest..?...

The Ramones : End of the Century DVD.

As well, they had The Plasmatics.

Both Joey, Dee Dee as well as Wendy O. Williams are all gone from this life....sadly, it's very haunting to watch these movie documentaries...and feel the life that is no longer there. Such a sad feeling they leave us with when it could have been good if they just had taken care enough to enjoy the good moments... Life will always have it's dark side, and most people have to face that same thing, to an extent.

I highly advise brushing up on these bands!

Lochie_old
Both Joey, Dee Dee as well as Wendy O. Williams are all gone from this life....sadly, it's very haunting to watch these movie documentaries...and feel the life that is no longer there. Such a sad feeling they leave us with when it could have been good if they just had taken care enough to enjoy the good moments... Life will always have it's dark side, and most people have to face that same thing, to an extent.

Actually, aren't all the original Ramones dead besides Tommy?

And Mark and CJ are left, but they aren't the originals, sad.gif

Riverboat Gamblers are a pretty dandy band, I advise you check out "Dead From the Neck Up" good song.

Reagan Youth anyone?

Slamman

I assumed Johnny was, but I've been a casual fan of punk later on, as a metal and rock fan. I had intended to see them but didn't like the bills they were on when they played here. I had a video on MTV that a few people never saw.... Something to Believe in. Excellent stuff.

A friend gave me Road to Ruin on my birthday, and I really got to know Needles and Pins on that LP! Then finding it was Sonny Bono!

Anyway, I side with the Clash as less a punk band and more a pop band. They are very commercial in their approach, however you want to define it, it's mostly all radio friendly...unlike a band like the Crucif*cks, for instance... I'd call those guys punk!

I hated Black Flag when my sister got into punk, it sounded terrible to me.

I think DRI and COC made punk accessible for me, Dead Kennedys had a unique approach to appeal to a wider cross section of fans.

BTW, for the record, the Ramones were a punk/pop cross over as well, and likely the originators of it, but much more then the Clash, they were more punk then pop.... but they proved that the formula was ripe to build off of.

Edited by Slamman

Gabriel Constantin

Still no news about The Misfits' seventh studio album. I'm beginning to think that Only is full of hot air. Wait. Only beginning? tounge2.gif

Slamman

Well, I doubt Danzig can reclaim the popularity of "Mother", still, Dirty Black Summer, How the Gods Kill? I think those are very good.

Know of a spot for good lyrics to Green Hell?

Tetsuo2501
Well, I doubt Danzig can reclaim the popularity of "Mother", still, Dirty Black Summer, How the Gods Kill? I think those are very good.

Know of a spot for good lyrics to Green Hell?

Misfits haven't been Misfits since Earth A.D.

anyway

Here in this place lies the genie of death

Touch it, see it

Whoa

Here in this place is a means to your end

Touch it, feel it

Green hell

Youve come to this like no one could

I bet you never knew you woke it

And dont you run away from anything

I bet you thought you really could in hell

Were gonna burn in hell

Green hell

Like every hell but kind of green

In hell, green hell

Were gonna face the mess were

In hell, green hell

I think Id rather be up here

In hell, green hell

You know I f*cking shake apart

In hell, green hell

Gotta find a way that you will stay

Green hell

Cannot forget about the heat

In hell, green hell

Hell is green, I need a flame

In hell, green hell

Gotta burn in hell

Green hell

And dont you run from anything

I bet you thought you really could take it

Here in this place is the genie of death

Touch it, see it

Whoa

Here in this place is the way to your end

Touch it, feel it

Green hell

And dont you run away from anything

I bet you thought you really could

Were gonna burn in hell

Green hell

Slamman

I think I saw the reformed Misfits with Motorhead, not too sure, but yeah, not the same chemistry as the ground breaking formation.

Thanks for that treatment! colgate.gif

Black-hawk

What do you guys think about The Offspring's new album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace? I bought it yesterday and holy sh*t does it kick ass.

Gabriel Constantin
What do you guys think about The Offspring's new album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace? I bought it yesterday and holy sh*t does it kick ass.

I've never been a fan of The Offspring. They annoy me.

As for me, I've been listening to a bit of Rites Of Springs lately. First bit of (proper) Emo I've ever listened to. And I quite like it. I've also been checking out: Infa Riot, Riot/Clone!, One Way System & Anti-Pasti.

I also go ahold of a few decent punk CD. I bought The Vibrator's best of, Chelsea's best of, 45 Grave's Only The Good Die Young and a compilation CD I got with Mojo.

Tetsuo2501

I saw The Vibrators back in 2006. The Turbo AC's opened for em, it was a pretty badass show.