Steamed GTA: SA v3.00 Problem.

Kanash

Hello all.

I recently bought this game through Steam, and have not been able to figure out this problem of mine.

I can get into the game without any problems, and see all intro's fine.

When I reach the point where I see my man standing infront of the bike, nothing happens if I just let him stand there.

But when I jump on the bike and start paddling, the game CTD at the moment I hit the sidewalk.

Comes up with the typical "gta_sa.exe have encounted an error". (Not sure if thats spelled/translated 100%)

I got a Intel Pentium Duo core 2 E6600

4 Gig Ram.

8800GTX

Windows XP Pro SP2

I have read through the bugs thread here, and done several of the things. Delete the set file, update all drivers, and are now reinstalling the game.

Any possible tips on this please?

But when I jump on the bike and start paddling, the game CTD at the moment I hit the sidewalk.

May I ask what's a CTD?

May I ask what's a CTD?

CTD = Crash To Desktop. biggrin.gif

Does this happen if you move even a little? Have you tried getting into a car?

Not much is known about games downloaded off Steam. Your PC is fine. So, if the problem persists, you'll have to re-download the game.

Does this happen if you move even a little? Have you tried getting into a car?

Not much is known about games downloaded off Steam. Your PC is fine. So, if the problem persists, you'll have to re-download the game.

It happened only when I got on the bike and onto the sidewalk with that.

At this moment I'm actually redownloading the game with Steam, and once it is installed, I will try getting into a car, or just run out on the sidewalk instead.

Also, I'm using a G15 Logitech keyboard. I'll try run the game with a standard keyboard later, since G15 have known to cause problems in games before.

[Edit]Update. Same story after the reinstall. Crashed whenever I moved for 10 secs. However, I updated my G15 drivers from 1.5 to 2.1 and now its actually working fine.

Edited by Kanash

• 1 month later...

Ok I may have solved the problem with the steam version of GTA SA V3.00

After you get the file dowloaded

1) R click on the game and go to properties

2) L Click on tab labled Local Files

3) L Click on verify integrety of game cache...

just follow these three steps. it will automatically start downloading any missing files and or updates that it should do automatically.

I've had this same problem with othr steam games and this has always worked for me.