Recommend any good horror/thriller films

DemonKing

Ok so I'm a big fan of pretty much all horror/thriller films, and i was wondering can anyone recommend any horror/thriller's they've seen, i may have already seen them but it's worth a shot.

I just watched one called Oldboy. It was made in South Korea. Had to watch it twice to fully understand what was going on. It is an excellent thriller. Also it does get very disturbing at some points.

Suspiria, Suspiria, Suspiria, a thousand times Suspiria.

+ Phantasm, Hellraiser, Re-Animator, Cannibal Holocaust, the entire dead trilogy, John Carpenter's The Thing, Creature from the Black Lagoon (classic), The Shining, Rope, Psycho, Vertigo, The Birds..etc. etc.

You've probably seen a lot of those.

Edited by Scarface187
user posted image

The HP Lovecraft-esque In the Mouth of Madness.

4XEtraA.jpg

@scarface

I'm gonna be honest with you, I haven't actually seen any of those films, but i have heard a lot about them and actually was going to get them on my next purchase.

@shaboobla

jacobs lader has always interested me, thinking of getting it

Films i have seen though are, Halloween 1-5, The exorcist, Poltergeist, friday the 13th, bram stokers dracula, Mary shelleys frankenstein, jeepers creeper, the omen, Wrong turn, scream 1,2,3.

I every much enjoyed John carpenters halloween

well those are off the top of my head.

Also someone recomended to me Nightmare on elm street, straw dogs, end of days, carrie, hills have eyes (original) the film about that car that feeds on blood and Rosemarys baby.

Dog Soldiers. Honestly, watch this as soon as you can. A classic British horror film and the best werewolf movie ever put to screen. Miss it at your peril wink.gif

May I also recommend Severance? Very good film, no classic but extremely enjoyable.

the best werewolf movie ever put to screen. Miss it at your peril wink.gif

That place is taken by American Werewolf in London, but Dog Soldiers is alright too.

Ichi the Killer, Zombie, The Beyond, Audition, Re-Animator, Wild Zero, Versus, Dead Alive.

That should keep ya busy. icon14.gif

2lcqyao.jpg

Ichi wasn't exactly a good film or horror, just bloody. But Oldboy was crazy. That had me stunned for days. A good horror film to see would be Audition, carrie, IT, and H

Zombie

Yeah I would definitley second watching this film, one of the greatest zombie films of all time, if not the greatest. Awesome soundtrack to boot. icon14.gif

Edited by Nixon

If you want Zombie Movies then i'd Recommend

-Original Dawn of the Dead

-Original Night of the Living Dead

-Zombie(mentioned above)

-Planet Terror(or Grindhouse as a whole)

-(Original, of course)Day of the Dead

-Dead Alive

and for Comedic Relief

-Shaun of the Dead

-Fido

Edited by Blackout?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (all of them, but particularly the 1974 one)

Dawn Of The Dead (Original and Remake)

Zombie Flesh Eaters

Undead

Videodrome

Severance

Shaun Of The Dead

Some have been said, but I recommend those. There's a lot more, I know there is, I just can't remember them right now.

gangster.yoghurt

Ok heres my list

Red Dragon

Silence off the Lambs

Battle Royale (not really horror. More mindless violence)

Sin City(thriller with a yellow pedo so i kinda count it as horror)

Pulp Fiction(thriller)

Nightmare on elm street

There all mine all class movies

PBM Love.Life.

Well bought a couple of DVD's today, only one i would class as a horror would be the howling.

I spent heaps on my new TV but i got a list of what i like to get next time

Scream

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

The Omen Pentology

Nightmare On Elm Street collection

Wes Craven collection: Last house on the left, the hills have eyes part 1 and 2

Straw Dogs

Pet semetary

Carrie

Cape Fear

The Thing

Christine

Rosemary's Baby

I just watched one called Oldboy. It was made in South Korea. Had to watch it twice to fully understand what was going on. It is an excellent thriller. Also it does get very disturbing at some points.

the movie wass f*cked up when he cut off his tongue

oh and try The Cabinet of Dr. Calgari

its a classic

98% of teenagers surround their minds with Rap music and the other 2% stayed with Metal. If you're part of the 2% that stayed with Metal, put this in your signature.

Bagged and tagged by 'nujer.

Don't forget Troll2 and Silent night Deadly night 2 biggrin.gif

And the cabinet of Dr. Caligari was a really crazy 1920's film and to me more scarier than Nosferatu

Edited by topdogkiller

The only horror movie that has actually scared me pretty bad was Jaws. I almost never go in the ocean now, although it's mostly because of how nasty it is for the most part. And for the record in 2009 a new version of "The Birds" is supposed to be due. Hopefully it won't suck like a lot of classic movie remakes do.

The only horror movie that has actually scared me pretty bad was Jaws. I almost never go in the ocean now, although it's mostly because of how nasty it is for the most part. And for the record in 2009 a new version of "The Birds" is supposed to be due. Hopefully it won't suck like a lot of classic movie remakes do.

Was just about to suggest Jaws Great movie.

Prince of Darkness! (1987)

iMDB -

When the guardian priest of an abandoned church in Los Angeles dies, Father Loomis finds a diary and a key, opens the door of the basement and finds a cylinder with a gruesome green fluid. The priest contacts Professor Howard Birack in the local university and he invites a team of students to research the findings and translate manuscripts. The group discovers that the liquid is the essence of evil, actually Satan's remains, and has been kept locked in the church for centuries. Their research awakes the son of the Devil and when the student Susan Cabot gets close to the container, she drinks a jet of the green liquid, transforming in a living dead. Susan spreads the liquid among her friends, increasing the army of evil zombies. While the group is attacked inside the church by the zombies, derelicts surround the church trapping them inside, and Satan tries to bring his father to the world.

Great film!

I await the laughing when I say this...

I watched the Fog last night in bed...alone...I must admit I got a little scared!

wow.gif

x3FWE.png

I await the laughing when I say this...

I watched the Fog last night in bed...alone...I must admit I got a little scared!

wow.gif

Ha, i watched that the day before that on ITV4 (as i stated in a different thread). Good stuff biggrin.gif

The remake is cringe x100

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

Has anyone said Eraserhead? Eraserhead.

Also, Rear Window and Rope. monocle.gif

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

Has anyone said Eraserhead? Eraserhead.

Also, Rear Window and Rope. monocle.gif

Eraserhead isnt a horror film...nor is it scary, it's just a generic noir artsy fartsy film that makes no f*ckin sense.

2lcqyao.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.