GTA IV tester fedback

SleazeMonkey

Hey,

This might end up as a locked thread, or a pointless post, but seeing as we're so desperate for details, I thought I'd post my story.

I live in Lincoln, UK, location of a small Rockstar office pretty much dedicated to testing of Rockstar games. It's out on the industrial estate, opposite one of my friends accountancy offices, always people going in and out acording to him, blinds always shut tight, all the stuff you'd expect. Except... I was at a clubnight last night, and got talking to this guy, who's friend from back in college now works as a beta tester at the Rockstar office. As you'd guess, he gets asked loads about it, but can't give any information out for obvious reasons. The only feedback from him is basically confirming what most of us already think, and bear in mind this is coming from a guy who plays a lot of games, and has been playing GTA IV for probably quite a while. And it goes along the lines of saying that the game is incredible, it does the franchise absolute justice, no one who has liked a GTA game before will find it easy to be disapointed. Strong words.

Oh, and tomorrow is his last day of work before Rockstar give him a break before his next project. Which mean's that beta testing is over, which means the game is pretty much gold, and ready for retail...

Hope some of that was good,

L

I always take stuff like this with a pinch of salt, but if you're not just making this up then it's good news about testing being finished... roll on release day!

hW0sZKX.png

Well I could have told you that. =) but thanks anyways. (if your not bullsh*tting)

ACEGAMEFORUMS

Great! I love interesting news such as this that hint at some things. Thank you! (If you're speaking the truth)

dosnt really look fake, but by your member start date, i wouldnt beleive it.

Why do so many people feel that someone's join date always has to effect the poster in what he says, just because they're "new"?

Whether or not anyone believes this, we all know the game is knowing to put everyone in awe. I don't care either way, but it kinda seems like you'd put more effort into making something up.

Why do so many people feel that someone's join date always has to effect the poster in what he says, just because they're "new"?

Whether or not anyone believes this, we all know the game is knowing to put everyone in awe. I don't care either way, but it kinda seems like you'd put more effort into making something up.

if a guy who comes up to you and says he won the lottery, and got a million dollars whould you beleive him?

Now, if you saw the guy on the news, ,or he was a REALLY good freind, would you beleive him?

I can't remember why I registered back in '06, but I've been checking here every now and again for news and stuff. Looking forward to the new previews.

Agreed, it's only a tiny nugget of stuff, but it's nice to know what someone who's played the game extensivly honestly thinks, without any magazine pressure or anything.

I'm from the UK too, i totally agree with the Rockstar Games testing center based in Lincoln and isn't bullsh*t. Thanks for sharing this info from what your friend has said. smile.gif cannot wait!

XXIX.IV.MMVIII

Gooners-jay-and-scott

Nottingham is the best place in the UK wink.gif .

I dunno what to believe lol

I can't remember why I registered back in '06, but I've been checking here every now and again for news and stuff. Looking forward to the new previews.

Agreed, it's only a tiny nugget of stuff, but it's nice to know what someone who's played the game extensivly honestly thinks, without any magazine pressure or anything.

im not saying that i dont beleive you, just that it \s hard to beleive. Mods here are watching moto_whistle.gif

Lincoln's like a more friendly Nottingham.

Yeah, if I was going to make something up I'd make it more interesting than this! This is just really good to know, and pretty much means the game isn't likely to be delayed again at all. I guess now it's just a matter of fixing a release date to avoid other games and let the promo get working. The friend-of-a-friend won't be involved in that side of things though. Still, lucky bastard, playing GTA IV for the last however many months! And he gets free stickers!

And I don't see what's wrong with me only registering two years ago...

I think if you was gonna make it up, you would have added a lot more details...so i'll take your word for it tounge.gif

Damn good news either way...

Idiot, you registered a year later than him.

People suck.

Thanks m8 gr8 info smile.gif I fully believe you cos only a real knobhead wud make something like that up! But hey? there are many sad bastards on this planet, shame really confused.gif Thanks again buddy this is yet another good glipse of light alien.gif

Gooners-jay-and-scott
Lincoln's like a more friendly Nottingham.

Lincoln is in Nottinghamshire, am i right?

I live in Nottingham lol.

I'm from the UK too, i totally agree with the Rockstar Games testing center based in Lincoln and isn't bullsh*t.

yep dat is true

Yeah, my uncle works for Rockstar and he says it'll be released soon. Trust me.

If I write a pretty little paragraph will you believe me? sad.gif

Gooners-jay-and-scott
Yeah, my uncle works for Rockstar and he says it'll be released soon. Trust me.

If I write a pretty little paragraph will you believe me? sad.gif

Lol. Why not believe him? Its going to be know harm is it? Not like he saying he knows things about GTA

It doesn't matter if he's lying or not we all can assume that the game will be released soon anyways due to the fact Q2 starts next month which is the release window.

if a guy who comes up to you and says he won the lottery, and got a million dollars whould you beleive him?

Now, if you saw the guy on the news, ,or he was a REALLY good freind, would you beleive him?

fall off, he sounds like he knows what hes talking about... leave it like that... stop thinking everyone is lieing and that only rockstar can convince you other wise, people are people info does leak.... i hate people that hate on others for no reason, no direct disrespect its to all haters... angry.gif

Pretty useless info, even if it has the slightest bit of credibility.

You just re-worded exactly what I wanted to say in the first place!

Fine job. biggrin.gif

Call me gullible but I believe him. I find most who intend on lying in their posts go too over the top with the details which catches them out.

So anyway if the game is done in the testing stages then I can see the game going gold next month and hopefully finally release sometime in March.

It's interesting to see so many people out side of the US posting in these forums. I thought I might be a rare occurrence!

Good news though, it sounds legitimate, I mean, not many people would go this far, and not too far, to say a bit of false news. Beta testing would be over soon to keep the game on schedule anyway. They might have been testing the online functions too, since it is being tested in different continents, hope the lag isn't as bad as Saints Row, or Conker.

Edited by Macauley

Call me gullible but I believe him. I find most who intend on lying in their posts go too over the top with the details which catches them out.

haha yeah like awhile back on gamespot some person claimed he knew a guy at rockstar that told him you could mug people in the game, you could get mugged, and nikos not the charecter youl be playing as, the ammount of people that belived him was just rediculous