Something strange

GTA4.OVL.RU

In the third trailer when Niko is jumping he is wearing jeans(or something like that,anyway his pants are blue)but then,when he is falling after his jump he is wearing his usual clothes.And his shoes in the first screen are white but in the second they are yellow.WTF?

user posted image

user posted image

you ever heard of real time lighting?

One light source is whiteish and one is yellowish. The white light source is infront of Nico as he jumps and the yellow one is behind. Therfore, when viewed from different angles the colour of the objects look different.

Trust me, I do this stuff for living. The shoes are the same it's the environment (lighting conditions) thats making them look that way.

you ever heard of real time lighting?

One light source is whiteish and one is yellowish. The white light source is infront of Nico as he jumps and the yellow one is behind. Therfore, when viewed from different angles the colour of the objects look different.

Trust me, I do this stuff for living. The shoes are the same it's the environment (lighting conditions) thats making them look that way.

There is difference not only in colour,but in the form of clothes too.In the first screen Nico's clothes are the same as in the screen above.

user posted image

@ GTA4.OVL.RU your right, throughout the third trailer Nicos clothing changes. And in the particular sequence your refering too it looks to me like there has been some "creative" editing.

However, I dont think its too strange and prehaps were all being a bit over analytical in these post BlueSpot days. Athough, my inital comments about real time lighting still hold true, during your highlighted section, there are a few things that make it look like the guys at R* have cut the trailer to make it feel more cinematic. How many times have you seen a trailer for a movie and when you actually see the film the sequence from the trailer is totally different in the film?

Its all creative "smoke and mirrors". R* know were gonna be watching these things a gazillion times so they wanna make em rock. (pardon the punn)

One final thing. Thanks for bringing this up as I 've just re-watched the third trialer for the first time in weeks and had forgoten how good its all looking. GTAIV might just convince me to buy my PS3 a little earlier than planned!

Rock on!

Edited by jerrymanu

It's either lighting, or they had to re-do it again from a different angle.

Remember, they do multiple shots, not just get one and use it.

Nah. Rockstar and the previewers said it was a different mission attempt, just like in that scene with a lot of cops and Niko in the Stallion.

Nah. Rockstar and the previewers said it was a different mission attempt, just like in that scene with a lot of cops and Niko in the Stallion.

Ye, the cops were layed out differently.

It's just the way you make films and movies. You take a million takes, and find the right one.

GTA's BIGGEST FAN

i dont see any difference ....