I spotted a flashlight

gamefarter

Check it out. It's at the 1:33 second mark of the trailer when we see the warehouse behind the burned cars. It is at the left-hand side of the screen and you can see it hanging from the belt of a security gaurd. just before it cuts to the next shot. Take it frame by frame, and it is noticeable, and, I think, distinguishable as a flashlight, but I'm sure it will be disputed. Can someone please put a pic of what I am describing in this topic, so others don't have to look at the actual trailer? I would, but am not that tech-savy. Thanks.

What do you think? How will it be used? Do you think we can use it?

I wrote some ideas about the use of FLASHLIGHTS on the first page of my BLACKOUT topic, which everyone thought was a good idea and hoped to see, at least as close to concensus as you will find on these forums. If you want checkout that topic, it can be found here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=297644

Edited by gamefarter

It might just be part of the model for the security guard who would of course carry a flashlight.

As for it's use....well it's a flashlight. You use it to see better in dark rooms or at night....what else would it be used for?

I guess you would use a flashlight for uh.. lighting up dark places. You might be able to hit people in the head with it, at the risk of your flashlight breaking.

Or you could make it into a bong.

Grand Theft Columbo

A flashlight is a cool addition IMO.

I'd like to have a huge maglite to bust someones teeth out with. Them bitches ain't individually modeled for nothin'!

Screenshot?

I think the 'night goggles' were good, but seeing as Niko isn't rich, I think a flashlight could be used. Attachment to weapons?

It might just be part of the model for the security guard who would of course carry a flashlight.

I agree with this. In GTAIII there was a ped who had a folder with him. It was just something added to his model. In Vice City there were people carrying shopping bags and rollerskates. Same as before, just to give the characters a little extra oomph. I reckon the same is true here. The security guard model probably has a flashlight for added realism. Will Niko need it? I don't think so. On the streets at night there will be good visibility thanks to all the artificial lights. So a flashlight would be somewhat redundant.

did you guys see it yet?

Ya, I saw it, but I still think it's just part of the character's model.

How is that little tiny thing a torch? :S

user posted image

lol, what a picture. That guy is posing hardcore.

OK makes sence now, but may be the skin. It's perfectly verticle....

user posted image

Well, if you look at the image, the flashlight is attached to his duty belt. When he's not using the torch, it hangs down.

user posted image

Well, if you look at the image, the flashlight is attached to his duty belt. When he's not using the torch, it hangs down.

Ye, I know.

I don't see major use of it, except for what I said before.

user posted image

Ye, I know.

I do.

You've of course seen the screenshot of Niko with duffelbag and a rifle, standing in front of a blown off bank-door.

Now imagine that Niko has to sneak in there, at night, with security guards patrolling.

Security guards don't have night vision eyes and they're not exactly Riddick either.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surpriced if only guards use these torches.

THUNDER-TRUMP

erm guys

im sure its some kind of large gun on a sling thing

like an AK47 or somat

It makes sense then why niko's creeping about out of veiw

user posted image

Ye, I know.

I do.

You've of course seen the screenshot of Niko with duffelbag and a rifle, standing in front of a blown off bank-door.

Now imagine that Niko has to sneak in there, at night, with security guards patrolling.

Security guards don't have night vision eyes and they're not exactly Riddick either.

what? do you live in Mid-evil times? dude it's called a flashlight, not a torch! lol

You should just call all the cars horses and the weapons swords.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Nice find.

But look at the AK, it's overlapping through Niko's jacket...

New account: Gezim

NintendoFanboy

user posted image

Ye, I know.

I do.

Can you link me to that screenshot of Niko with the duffelbag and rifle please, or just post it please? Thanks in advance.

being of the new lighting effects, at night rooms will probably be empty and dark, especially skyscrapers which will be way above lamp posts and their light wont reach the top floors of the skyscrapers, of coarse not in the times square area but elsewhere, so i believe a flashlight will be in this game, for that reason and maybe as a weapon, since it is a hand item.

We can't be assured that all areas will be fully lit, what about dark alleys which I am sure New York is full of. How about abandoned warehouses etc, a flashlight in the game sounds very plausible and it can be doubled as a weapon. Those big maglights are heavy duty and in a lot of cases are doubled as a weapon. And as Ceedot said, it might be a good attachment to weapons or used in conjunction with weapons. Like you see in CSI and the like where they hold their pistol in one hand and the torch crossed over below it. It would be much easier to aquire to rather than night vision goggles.

what? do you live in Mid-evil times? dude it's called a flashlight, not a torch! lol

You should just call all the cars horses and the weapons swords.

Nice job proving that stereotype wrong biggrin.gif

hW0sZKX.png

Nice find.

But look at the AK, it's overlapping through Niko's jacket...

Good eye, I missed that. That is probably hard for R* to fix, I would guess. we have seen it with bags and briefcases as well. Hopefully they can find a way to fix it, but I doubt it would be a distraction while the game's in motion, so we'll just have to see

Is a flashlight really that significant to so many people in the community?

confused.gif

.. Yes, yes it is. Sadly.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif The two above posts are great. although this one isn't so good. But I got a good laugh out of both.