Walking through fences

Jiang Mo

I was riding a PCJ-600 to Fleisch Berg factory, and i came to a fence (the iron one that needs to be crashed down to pass it).

By then, i was going fast, and when i reach it i just past through it, but i didn't pass the second one, i fell off (there were 2 rows).

Anyone exeperience this before?

Edited by Jiang Mo

I was riding a PCJ-600 to Fleisch Berg factory, and i came to a fence (the iron one that needs to be crashed down to pass it).

By then, i was going fast, and when i reach it i just past through it, but i didn't pass the second one, i fell off (there were 2 rows).

When you look back at the one you just went through, is the fence all broken on the ground or is it still up?

Steve

It was your speed. Happened to me also.

Struff Bunstridge

Happened to you, did it? Then why didn't his speed carry him through the second fence as well?

I think you're just posting agreements in every single topic to raise your posting stats, and not actually contributing at all.

Jiang Mo, have you ever seen this happen anywhere else, or is it only that fence? There's an iron fence on Grove Street, and I've had tyres shot out at speed, lost control, and smashed through it, but never just passed through as if it wasn;t there.

Happened to you, did it? Then why didn't his speed carry him through the second fence as well?

I think you're just posting agreements in every single topic to raise your posting stats, and not actually contributing at all.

Jiang Mo, have you ever seen this happen anywhere else, or is it only that fence? There's an iron fence on Grove Street, and I've had tyres shot out at speed, lost control, and smashed through it, but never just passed through as if it wasn;t there.

just an assumption.

I think,after you go through the first,you don't just go straight through it,you would actually be knocked a little off handling,causing less speed, since turning slows down driving,no matter how small.

the degree of the turn effects the speed, as I'm sure you know.

I have had something similar happen to me.

I once was flying a car ans crashed on the hill near SF where the Cropduster is. The car went straight through the hill and I materialised in the tunnel below it biggrin.gif

Struff Bunstridge

just an assumption.

I think,after you go through the first,you don't just go straight through it,you would actually be knocked a little off handling,causing less speed, since turning slows down driving,no matter how small.

That makes sense.

The cause of Falling Through Fences is:

You go very fast and the game doesn't load the model in time.

As does that.

just an assumption.

That makes sense.

The cause of Falling Through Fences is:

You go very fast and the game doesn't load the model in time.

As does that.

It doesn't load the model but it loads the LOD texture.

And as far as I know, LOD's aren't solid.

He has a point there.

Did you mod the game ?

If you did, then the game must take more memory then It originally should and if you travel to fast, then some things won't load in time or never will.

I once had that glitch and experienced a large hole in Doherty biggrin.gif

Struff Bunstridge

I'm guessing you, SA BMX 32, as I didn't technically [/i]make a point, I just agreed with yours and Zig's tounge2.gif

I've found even on PS2 that the game lags sometimes when trying to load a lot of scenery at once. I imagine mods would make a difference, but I think it'd be possible without them as well.