Download flash games from webpages?

boogernut

Does anybody know any freeware that allows you to download flash games from webpages and save them on your computer? Thanks...

I know the DownloadHelper plugin for FireFox can download flash movies, it might be able to do games. Never tried it before, so I couldn't tell you.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

I know the DownloadHelper plugin for FireFox can download flash movies, it might be able to do games. Never tried it before, so I couldn't tell you.

Thanks smile.gif so its called "DownloadHelper"?

Video DownloadHelper, to be precise.

Here it is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

edit: I just tried downloading a game from Newgrounds.com and it didn't even give me the option to download it, so that's most likely a no go. I went to another random site and it did let me save the game but when I tried to play it, it said "This game is URL locked" and that you have to play it from the website. Chances are, you won't be able to download most games, if any at all.

Edited by Picolini

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Video DownloadHelper, to be precise.

Here it is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

edit: I just tried downloading a game from Newgrounds.com and it didn't even give me the option to download it, so that's most likely a no go. I went to another random site and it did let me save the game but when I tried to play it, it said "This game is URL locked" and that you have to play it from the website. Chances are, you won't be able to download most games, if any at all.

ok, too bad it was a nice try.....

anyone else?

This may seem complicated at first, but it's very simple after you do it once or twice.

Use Internet Explorer for this. Download the latest version.

Open IE

Get the url of the page with the flash on it.

Go to the page.

Tools > Internet Options > "Delete" the temporary internet files under "Browsing History"

Refresh the page & let the flash fully load.

Tools > Internet Options > Settings under "Browsing History"

Locate and press "View Files"

This will give you all the files you have downloaded including all Flash/SWF's.

Set the view to details and order it from biggest to smallest files. "Size"

Your Flash/SWF, the biggest file, should be on the top.

This also works for youtube video, but you need a free program like SUPER to convert the files.

Edited by vininfinite

This may seem complicated at first, but it's very simple after you do it once or twice.

Use Internet Explorer for this. Download the latest version.

Open IE

Get the url of the page with the flash on it.

Go to the page.

Tools > Internet Options > "Delete" the temporary internet files under "Browsing History"

Refresh the page & let the flash fully load.

Tools > Internet Options > Settings under "Browsing History"

Locate and press "View Files"

This will give you all the files you have downloaded including all Flash/SWF's.

Set the view to details and order it from biggest to smallest files. "Size"

Your Flash/SWF, the biggest file, should be on the top.

This also works for youtube video, but you need a free program like SUPER to convert the files.

I think for firefox, You do

• Go the webpage with the game that you want
  • Let the page and game load fully
  • Go to File > Save Page As > ALL FILEs
  • Choose destination place to save to
  • done

I think it's that, it might not be.

d653p.png

if anyone knows any freeware that would be nice... because i heard someone say that the Firefox and IE tips presented above don't work for everything........ thank you for the help so far smile.gif

They work for a lot of things including the things (like flashes) that you want. If you ever can't get a file just come back and ask again. You don't really need a program. confused.gif

They work for a lot of things including the things (like flashes) that you want. If you ever can't get a file just come back and ask again. You don't really need a program. confused.gif

TY for the reply...... so your saying that this IE and/or firefox method should work and programs should not be necessary?

They work for a lot of things including the things (like flashes) that you want. If you ever can't get a file just come back and ask again. You don't really need a program.  confused.gif

TY for the reply...... so your saying that this IE and/or firefox method should work and programs should not be necessary?

Like, yeah. It follows the logic that if you downloaded the flash thing, it should be there somewhere in your computer...

Here's a simpler method for Firefox:

user posted image

(this is in portuguese but shouldn't be hard to understand, right?)

-Load the page with the game you want

-Right-click the background

-Go to "page properties"

-Go to the tab "Media"

-Locate the .SWF file

-Click the "Save As" button

And voila!

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.