Take2 Presser demo

FatLouie

Link here

At today's Take2 presser, a demo of GTA IV gameplay was shown. Since Take2 wouldn't allow us to take pics of the presser (and apparently even had night vision googles to prevent it!), we don't have any snap shots of the footage. Instead, you get a photo of free t-shirts!

Here's what happened: the main character Niko stands in Liberty City's equivalent of Times Square. He trots over to a black sedan. He gets in. He drives a few blocks and gets out at the docks. He looks at the water. He gets out his cell phone and calls for guns. The end.

Exciting! In Rockstar's defense, they told us it was short on purpose, and that it was simply a taste. Or a bite. Or a morsel. The code they showed was unfinished, and the music was a placeholder. What's more, the voice track hadn't yet been dropped in. Still, it looked nice and will sell exactly one bagazillion copies. You can quote me.

Here's what happened: the main character Niko stands in Liberty City's equivalent of Times Square. He trots over to a black sedan. He gets in. He drives a few blocks and gets out at the docks. He looks at the water. He gets out his cell phone and calls for guns. The end.

Same as the other demos then.

Nothing new..

tfdt7hY.gif

Link here

At today's Take2 presser, a demo of GTA IV gameplay was shown. Since Take2 wouldn't allow us to take pics of the presser (and apparently even had night vision googles to prevent it!), we don't have any snap shots of the footage. Instead, you get a photo of free t-shirts!

Exciting! In Rockstar's defense, they told us it was short on purpose, and that it was simply a taste. Or a bite. Or a morsel. The code they showed was unfinished, and the music was a placeholder. What's more, the voice track hadn't yet been dropped in. Still, it looked nice and will sell exactly one bagazillion copies. You can quote me.

Very Nice! icon14.gif

Was the frame rate consistent? Was it one the Xbox or PS3.

Any details on the interface? ie, map, health money details.

I didn't realize that it was old. I saw the 12 in the date and i misread it as 1/12/08. This is kind of a relief seeing as how they were talking about unfinished coding. Please Lock.

One of Kotaku users's comments:

BY  2INCHES  AT 07/12/07 12:20 PM

Rockstar knows Rockstar doesnt have to show you anything. they might as well have shown you a video of the main charactor eating a sandwich and then doing some luandry and it will still break sales records on luanch day

hehehehe... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Rockstar knows Rockstar doesnt have to show you anything. they might as well have shown you a video of the main charactor eating a sandwich and then doing some luandry and it will still break sales records on luanch day

Funny and true.

Funny and true.

Absolutely true. cool.gif

I didn't realize that it was old. I saw the 12 in the date and i misread it as 1/12/08. This is kind of a relief seeing as how they were talking about unfinished coding. Please Lock.

I thought there was something funny about that line! I too am glad to know the coding is not unfinished, but certainly progressing well towards completion.