gta iv? multiple endings?

special.

sure, it will increase replay value, but i've never been a fan of multiple endings and stuff like that. first of all, cheaters (myself included) maybe can never receive the best ending. or, maybe your off-mission activities can influence the outcome. like example, a rampant-manslaughtering maniac who gets 6 star wanted level all the time, and a lay-low guy can have different endings. like a R* spokeperson, who said:

"We're really trying to blur the line between on-[mission] and off-mission. So storyline, and what you do outside [it], and how those two things influence each other."

and besides, this game was really supposed to be finished by about september (october release date, remember, and they delayed it) because everybody know that R* don't want to compete with Halo 3. so if, actually R* north has a lot of time in their hands, can they *ehm* will they, make multiple endings for IV?

sure, it will increase replay value, but i've never been a fan of multiple endings and stuff like that. first of all, cheaters (myself included) maybe can never receive the best ending. or, maybe your off-mission activities can influence the outcome. like example, a rampant-manslaughtering maniac who gets 6 star wanted level all the time, and a lay-low guy can have different endings. like a R* spokeperson, who said:

"We're really trying to blur the line between on-[mission] and off-mission. So storyline, and what you do outside [it], and how those two things influence each other."

and besides, this game was really supposed to be finished by about september (october release date, remember, and they delayed it) because everybody know that R* don't want to compete with Halo 3. so if, actually R* north has a lot of time in their hands, can they *ehm* will they, make multiple endings for IV?

I'm hoping for Multiple Endings and I doubt the reason it was delayed was because of Halo dozingoff.gif

GTA would still probably get good sales even when Halo was out, plus it was close to a Month gap between the two games.

Zombified Jake

I'm hoping for Multiple Endings and I doubt the reason it was delayed was because of Halo dozingoff.gif

GTA would still probably get good sales even when Halo was out, plus it was close to a Month gap between the two games.

They could have competed with Halo 3 yes, but I think it was a good decision to wait a bit.

As for multiple endings, it would be interesting and would encourage me to replay the game several times or to see the different outcomes. That's only my opinion though.

They could have competed with Halo 3 yes, but I think it was a good decision to wait a bit.

As for multiple endings, it would be interesting and would encourage me to replay the game several times or to see the different outcomes. That's only my opinion though.

but isn't 100& game completion good enough for replay value? i mean you're pumping fists when you finished the storyline of the game, right? (well, i am)... now, if this is materializing, you finished the game but you know that there are another 3 "better" ways, and maybe, 3 "worse ways" to finish the game... i think it will add a "i'm bored even before i finished it" factor to some gamers. would you agree?

No , Dan Houser said : the end won't be differnet , but we will give the player his own destiny .

also The information about the game :

- Rockstar Is trying to make side missions affect on the story ! .

the end will be one , but the way to finish the game is different , you can do what you want , accept or refuse missions , you can download your CV On internet to someone , then , he will rent you to do a mission for him .

CV = Niko's personal information .

Maybe I will do missions you won't do it , maybe I will accept a mission but you will refuse it and you will accept another mission . but the end won't be different .

Hope So

I like how Stalker made it. Hope GTAIV has it as well

So no Vigilante missions, right? If you do them your "associates" will think you're a undercover cop and kill you. Game Over in day 1, lol.

user posted image

I don't like multiple endings. Mainly because you have to play through the entire game again, just to see a different outro. Not worth the hassle IMO.

Well, they only said you will get multiple ways to do missions and more freedom in choosing what will happen next. But even so, I dont think it will affect the story. So my opinion is there wont be alternative cutscenes or multiple endings

they didn't push it back cuz of halo 3, lmao, ur sad for being such a fanboy, they did t cuz they needed to alter a few missions or the game would have been cancelled... and to fix up bugs...

it would be a fact to say that there will be unique endings, based on what mission you did and who you killed in them and in what order(due to the promised freedom from R*), so does that mean multiple? who knows cool.gif

Edited by hollabackds

they didn't push it back cuz of halo 3, lmao, ur sad for being such a fanboy, they did t cuz they needed to alter a few missions or the game would have been cancelled... and to fix up bugs...

it would be a fact to say that there will be unique endings, based on what mission you did and who you killed in them and in what order(due to the promised freedom from R*), so does that mean multiple? who knows cool.gif

fyi, i'm not sad. fyi, i'm not a fanboy. i only said it because it makes sense. doesn't it? r* will want gta iv to be the main attraction when they released it. they don't want to share the spotlight with halo 3. and considering how good it is, it's probably a good decison.

rockstar moved the game's release to a february-april because, well, they don't want any competition. it has to be the main attraction. and besides, if the game's graphics do not improve from the trailers (which i must say will be dissapointing since it is not up to expectations), the game can be released as soon as now, of course that said if there are a lot of bugs in the game. i really think r* have a lot of time on their hands, and i believe the storyline will be more non-linear (i hope so anyway), regardless of unique endings or not. but like tnt said it's not worth the hassle to finish the game after about say, 25 hours of gameplay, if you have to still do another, say, 200 hours of gameplay to complete it 100%. then, finishing the game will bring less fun into it.

So no Vigilante missions, right? If you do them your "associates" will think you're a undercover cop and kill you. Game Over in day 1, lol.

The thing about blurring the line between missions and side-missions is that all of the ones we know will probably return, just in a different or slightly different form. For example, Vigilante could be taking out thugs that are threatening an associate instead of hopping in a police cruiser.

rockstar moved the game's release to a february-april because, well, they don't want any competition. it has to be the main attraction.

If that was so, then we will never get our hands on GTA IV. There will always be some competition...should they push it back 'cause Rayman 4 is coming out? (just random game)

If you are right, though, they wouldn't delay the game for 6 months, now would they? It would be more like a few weeks. It's probably a technical difficulty.

rockstar moved the game's release to a february-april because, well, they don't want any competition. it has to be the main attraction.

LOL, pall, you obviously don't know GTA's presence in the gaming industry, and I would ask you to stop arguing about it with that ridiculous claim.

All the previous GTA's are at the top of the all time PS2 sales list, and GTA IV is projected to sell twice as much as Halo 3 did last year. I don't think people are going to refrain from buying GTA IV because of other games, it's a must have title.

In fact, Take-Two's own words were that the game will now sell less in its first few weeks of opening than it would've if it had released in October of last year.

Edited by Adriaan

No This Is Not DeadRising (fun game: me hopes theres a mall in GTAIV)...so i dont think there will be multiple endings, but maybe they will suprise us Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Transparanoia
rockstar moved the game's release to a february-april because, well, they don't want any competition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 4 being released in the same window? Sort of shoots your theory in the face.

multiple ending, can b annoying because u have 2 start from beginnin and also i dout gta will have them as the whole point of gta is when u finish storyline missions u can carry on playin 2 get 100%... but if they do have MEs then youtube here i come, lol lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

rockstar moved the game's release to a february-april because, well, they don't want any competition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 4 being released in the same window? Sort of shoots your theory in the face.

lol biggrin.gif