Hey

Comrad3

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so I figured this would probably be the best place to put it.

I'm pretty new to GTA on the computer, been playing since Vice City hit the PS2, after I played through that to 100% I acquired copies of the other GTA games (except for LCS and VCS, no PSP, and I'm not wasting my PS3 money on it either.) I've also played through some of Rockstar's other games like Bully, and the Manhunt series... they're alright I suppose, but don't hold a candle to San Andreas. Bought GTA:SA the day it came out for the PS2, and have logged a good 500-600 hours in that damn game since. I only recently started getting into it for the PC, figured it would be modded to hell and back, and I am glad to see that I was right. biggrin.gif

Anyway, this isn't just an intro topic, since I joined the forum I've been getting into modeling with 3DS Max, and basic level/building editing with SketchUp. I am wondering for those of you who do mod quite a bit, if you could perhaps throw me your best starting points. I have read and worked through quite a few tutorials, but am still quite the newbie. I have started working on box modeling with Zmodeler2 (although unfortunately almost all tutorials are for 1.07), I have played with box modeling in 3DS Max, and I am looking at spline modeling maybe as a better starting point. I've been trying 3dlvr's 3DS Max Box Modeling tutorial, but every time I end up getting frustrated at his lack of detail. Maybe I'm just biting off more than I can chew at the moment. confused.gif

I am also looking to get into mission/scm coding. I have two years of SS programming experience on SuSE and Ubuntu systems, and have just recently started getting into C++ (kind of late on my part, I know. bored.gif ) programming. I hope that I can eventually help with the massive TC projects, maybe even spearhead my own; who knows what might eventually happen biggrin.gif .

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm 19, I live in Oregon, and I <3 Computers.

Ah... to be young again... and also a robot.

Welcome.

Vincent Alfano

New people make me laugh. Nice way to introduce yourself, don't think it's been done this well before. Welcome. tounge.gif

Hi im Lega_c and im an Alchoholic welcome to the forums. I know nothing of modding so i will leave now.Happy posting!

Ah... to be young again... and also a robot.

Welcome.

Did you just recently discover Futurama for the first time or something? It seems you throw a quote into almost every post nowadays. tounge.gif

@topic: I don't know anything about modding, but welcome, you seem like a stand-up guy. biggrin.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.