old games

jaymig53

Hey, my computer is pretty crappy, and I dont have much money. So I was just wondering if there were any great games that are free for download? I just recently played an old childhood game, and I would like some more retro kinda games.

Suggestions?

-Bonus Question!: If you download firefox and install it and all, does it then replace the original windows explorer?

Ever get the feeling that you suck?

You can download the early GTAs for free off Rockstar's website, but then you probably know that already. Well worth bothering to do it though- I forgot how fun they were.

You can download the early GTAs for free off Rockstar's website, but then you probably know that already. Well worth bothering to do it though- I forgot how fun they were.

Yea I just did that, and it's pretty sweet. I also downloaded doom 2, lol. Funny how that game still scares me. tounge.gif

Leisure Suit Larry I've been playing recently, very funny and good gameplay if you've never played it, can't say where it's free though.

Bonus answer: No, but you can make it your default browser.

Hey, thanks! I love these retro kinda games. biggrin.gif

I wonder if our kids or grandkids will download GTA SA or Halo 3, for free, and talk about how bad graphics were back then, lol.

Although it's not quite a legal use app, I love MAME and my friend turned me on to it. I also got a used PC with Revenge of Arcade installed! MS Pinball as well.

Anyway, if you can find it, MIA kicks ass and I think it runs under Win95 with some graphics power, very nice game for the time!

original gangster

System Shock 2 is available from many abandonware sites now. One of the most underrated games of all time, and you can download it for free. Seriously recommend it.

Maximum PC put a few free games on it's included CD ROM but you have to buy the magazine... still, they look great and they're said to be the best freebies one can find.

I got MIA rather cheap used and I checked it tonight, it's by GT Interactive and looks a bit like Desert Strike on Genesis by EA. Still, I think it's a better simulation because of the PC's ability over 16 bit carts

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.