Super Bowl

Smudge2626

I was thinking about good times for them to announce the release date when a lot of people would hear. February 3rd falls right at the beginning of their Q2 so most of that window could still be open. In addition, a lot of the market watching the Super Bowl also purchase video games, so despite having to pay a lot for airtime, it might drive presales even further. Just a theory!

And if they are making a 4th trailer that would be a good time to show it as well.

Very cool idea. colgate.gif

I thought you were about to suggest the super bowl in the game...whew..glad you didnt. But yes that would be a perfect time to show the new trailer and release date

does T2/Rockstar have that kind of money to air a commercial during the superbowl tho?

other than that, great idea

OysterBarron

well halo did it, So i dont see a problem with GTAIV doing it

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

does T2/Rockstar have that kind of money to air a commercial during the superbowl tho?

It would be a good idea, but i doubt rockstar would release another trailer during the superbowl.

1. Too much money. 2.7 million for just 30 seconds. If it is going to be another 2 minute trailer, than it would cost around 9 million. That nine million could have went to make a much better game.

2. How many people have the Xbox 360/PS3 that don't know about the game. And yes I know that there will be a lot of people watching that don't have the Xbox/PS3, but that one game is not going to make a lot of people buy the console just for that.

3. They couldn't use the 50 million that they got from microsoft because then the content would be worse for us 360 owners.

4. There are websites that show all of the commercials before the superbowl airs.

I wish, but it's not going to happen.

Best song ever= Avenged Sevenfold- Sieze the day

Sieze the Day Music Video

Best albums ever= City of Evil

The Sufferer & The Witness

Best Artists Ever= Rise Against

Avenged Sevenfold

It would be a good idea, but i doubt rockstar would release another trailer during the superbowl.

1. Too much money. 2.7 million for just 30 seconds. If it is going to be another 2 minute trailer, than it would cost around 9 million. That nine million could have went to make a much better game.

2. How many people have the Xbox 360/PS3 that don't know about the game. And yes I know that there will be a lot of people watching that don't have the Xbox/PS3, but that one game is not going to make a lot of people buy the console just for that.

3. They couldn't use the 50 million that they got from microsoft because then the content would be worse for us 360 owners.

4. There are websites that show all of the commercials before the superbowl airs.

1. Um, Rockstar and Take-Two has so much money they let everyone who works for them wipe their asses with 100 dollar bills. And considering a lot of them are fat, that's a lot of ass wiping. Realistically, that 9 million would be used probably for self-entertainment by Dan Houser rather than for GTA IV.

2. A LOT. Plus, MANY people heard about it, but just don't pay attention to it, and this trailer may be a wower. And I'm sure this will encourage many of the millions of viewers.

3. Microsoft gave them 50 million to do it, Microsoft technically didn't really "fund them".

4. The funny ones.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

you've probably seen by now, that Rockstar havnt been giving US/UK/AUS much attention, more the europeian countries, so i really wouldnt see it happening

2. A LOT. Plus, MANY people heard about it, but just don't pay attention to it, and this trailer may be a wower. And I'm sure this will encourage many of the millions of viewers.

3. Microsoft gave them 50 million to do it, Microsoft technically didn't really "fund them".

4. The funny ones.

1. No comeback for it. lol

2. Everyone who has xbox/ ps3 knows about it. Tell me 5 people who you know that have the consles but do not know about GTA 4, and I will believe you. No bull sh*tting.

3. Um, the 50 million did fund them. You know how many hours goes into making games, a lot. Plus all the people working for them, 200+, with a salary of, wild guess, 30+ an hour. So, it won't leave a lot of revenue after that.

4. No, all of them.

Best song ever= Avenged Sevenfold- Sieze the day

Sieze the Day Music Video

Best albums ever= City of Evil

The Sufferer & The Witness

Best Artists Ever= Rise Against

Avenged Sevenfold

i think i see where you are getting at: a released release date commercial of some sort on superbowl sunday. BRILLIANT!!!! icon14.gif

A 30 second commercial on the Super Bowl costs $2.6 million.

If all those normal companies can afford that I'm sure Take-Two wouldn't have a problem spending that much on publicity for their flagship product.