A Question to New Yorkers. . .

Simseth

Does anyone know if each of the boroughs in real life have their own unique looking police cars. Because if so, we could see what we saw in SA with each of the areas having unique police.

Pics please.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

I'm pretty sure they are all the same. I see al ot of like 'o4 chevy impalas as police cars that pretty much say the same things on them everywhere.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

they should have the cop cars look like the 2nd one and the FBI like the 4th one

Edited by 92FaSho

that would be sooooooooo useless.... the borughs are like 50 miles away from each other in real life, thats like 1000 feet in game

that would be sooooooooo  useless.... the borughs are like 50 miles away from each other in real life, thats like 1000 feet in game

50 miles? lol.gif Manhattan it's self is approx 13 miles in length. So for example Manhattan to queens would be about a mile.

Edited by Darrel

Vanilla Shake

There are a lot of different types of police cars throughout the city. They aren't necessarily specific to a certain borough.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

I miss the old "Blue car white stripes" paint job, I'm hoping to see that in 1 of the districts.

the first car is a fake, the third is a replica.

The first one isnt fake and the third one is a crown vic

user posted image

Tsuroslammed.™

I'm up for a large variety of cars, so it would be really good to see different types of police vehicles.

NewYorkMantle

yeah that benz is a joke car and the third is all wrong, it's really noticeable. i'm an nypd vehicle guru, trust me. wink.gif

third pic inconsistencies for fun:

light bar is misplaced (too far in the middle)

the white pod in the light bar is supposed to be in the 2nd row, not 3rd

no "police" lettering above the front wheel

not an nypd license plate

"nypd" font is off, as well as the decal coloring (should be darker blue)

rims should be different style or bare black hub

rear view mirrors should be black

bumper guard should be white with black rubber and no speaker

grille should be black plastic

shouldn't be a turn indicator by the front door

shouldn't have mud guards

the trim under the doors should be gray like the suv in the 4th pic

Edited by NewYorkMantle

the mercedes and third crown vic are replica RMP's.

Queens and brooklyn are separated by about 1 inch. they are borders. Manhattan is just a stones throw from queens and the bronx.

All Patrol Boroughs use the same marked RMP's, the only difference is car number, and command.

I dont know why you would say the mercedes is real. The Department would DEFINATELY not buy a $50,000 car to rack up 100,000 miles in 1 year, all the cushions torn out, the steering wheel ripped apart, paperwork shoved in every crevice, holed poked through the dash board just to put your pen somewhere, coffee cups w/ coffee left in them under the seats, and a fart smell that NEVER leaves.

Plus there is no 15th pct.

The third car which is the crown vic is fake because of a few things 1. Not regulation CVPI wheels and tires 2. No "Police" in the top stripe over the front wheel well. 3. No "Police" on the hood 4. Theres a camera on the rammers. 5. NYS Tags. 6. Really crappy graphics.

I should know, I drive one for 8 hours.

I dont know why you would say the mercedes is real. The Department would DEFINATELY not buy a $50,000 car to rack up 100,000 miles in 1 year, all the cushions torn out, the steering wheel ripped apart, paperwork shoved in every crevice, holed poked through the dash board just to put your pen somewhere, coffee cups w/ coffee left in them under the seats, and a fart smell that NEVER leaves.

Plus there is no 15th pct.

The third car which is the crown vic is fake because of a few things 1. Not regulation CVPI wheels and tires 2. No "Police" in the top stripe over the front wheel well. 3. No "Police" on the hood 4. Theres a camera on the rammers. 5. NYS Tags. 6. Really crappy graphics.

I should know, I drive one for 8 hours.

the car is real ! they have 3 of those. I have heard it that they put 3 NYPD mercedes on a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDvePA__7E

Tsuroslammed.™

NewYorkMantle

hm, maybe for show to be fun or something, but i have never come across one ever. i'm a bike messenger and am on the road all day, dealing with cop cars a lot. notify.gif

not bad kid, you got alot more into detail than me.

word of advice if you plan on becoming a cop, dont be obsessed with radio cars. We have a word for guys like you "buffs".

Just looking out, when you get on act like its your first time seeing a radio car and dont get trivial over anything.

I have no doubt its a real car. I know for a fact that its not a department vehicle, and definately not a radio car.

NewYorkMantle
not bad kid, you got alot more into detail than me.

word of advice if you plan on becoming a cop, dont be obsessed with radio cars. We have a word for guys like you "buffs".

Just looking out, when you get on act like its your first time seeing a radio car and dont get trivial over anything.

haha, i was actually kind of interested in the nypd when i was younger but not so much anymore. i just subconsciously tend to pay a TON of attention to detail with anything i encounter a lot in the city (cop cars, subways/busses/cabs, street signs, anything really). i remember i was only person i know who noticed when the new led stick figure dont walk signs were being installed after i saw the first one put up on canal street around 2002. i thought it was just going to be a chinatown thing for the immigrants who couldn't read english or something lol.

user posted image

I am a detective at the 26th precinct in morningside i have a crown vic and my bud has a grand cherokee. Im looking forward to seeing how this compares to the real thing

user posted image

I am a detective at the 26th precinct in morningside i have a crown vic and my bud has a grand cherokee. Im looking forward to seeing how this compares to the real thing

You're a detective? Could you use your skills and find out if the member

Bluespot, is a Rockstar employee? Thanks lol