GTA: VCS or GTA: LCS

mahes

i orderd gta vcs off of amazon.ca and im wondering if gta vcs is better than lcs...... or the opposite. a lot of people say that lcs is better and i want to kno y. i also wanna kno if vcs is bigger than lcs...

thanks 4 ur opinoin,

Mahes

i also wanna kno if vcs is bigger than lcs...

VCS takes longer to complete than LCS because it has a lot more side missions. Overall though I like LCS more as it's storyline is far better than VCS, which was, while not awful, nowhere near as good and was the weakest in the series.

Vince_ThePhoenix
LCS beat VCS 10-0. wink.gif LCS has the best crime story(equal with VC), LCS is the best GTA game and currently my favourite. cool.gif

Man, I seriosly hate those topics when I click View New Posts where someone is asking "Which one is better this gta or that gta??!1". Asker should choose himself, read the releating game pages and such. dozingoff.gif

Vince_ThePhoenix

Man, I seriosly hate those topics when I click View New Posts where someone is asking "Which one is better this gta or that gta??!1". Asker should choose himself, read the releating game pages and such. dozingoff.gif

OFF TOPIC.

@Berkley. The topic starter is new here, and just needed some advice, so don't be too hard. If you don't like the topic, simple, don't read it and don't reply to it saying that you hate those topics. wink.gifDon't think you're better than him just because you're here since Jan 07.

Edited by vicenzo312

CthulhuFhtagn

VCS. The atmosphere is better.

I did not play LCS yet.

This tread is worthless

It's big, it's yellow, can't you f*cking see it?

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

I just got VCS and I like it so far. But I feel it was a little half assed in some areas. Like the cars, the Pheonix looks incomplete and there's maybe only 4 different sets of wheels and horn sounds for every car. It also seems buggy in some places, and I don't like how you can't walk in manuel aim for PS2 either.

Haven't tried LCS but it's next for me.

The Mysterious One

I like VCS because of some of the new features in this game. I like how they changed up the vigilante missions and how you don't get too much of a wanted level or suspects on bikes or on foot. As well as buying back your weapons after being wasted or busted. I also liked the new and improved taxi missions.

DarthTemplar

I liked VCS better. Since it mainly seemed more like the game it was based on (VC). Then LCS did with gta3. Since LCS is my least favorite GTA game. The biggest turnoff from it that I saw and couldn't look past was the fact that 89% of all the missions weren't fully rendered cutscenes like GTA3, VC and San Andreas did. It was just toni still in the GTA3 engine walking around talking to an NPC. They only had a fully rendered cutscene very rarely. I got so turned off by it that I barely played it after I finished the main missions

The one thing that I love to see in GTA games is an antagonist who betrays the main character at the beginning. All the GTA3 games had them. (GTA3 - Catalina, VC - Sonny Forelli, San Andreas - Big Smoke/Tenpenny and VCS (Martinez). But I did not see one antagonist in LCS. The closest thing I saw was that guy who you had to kill in the final mission. It was Massimo Torrini who you briefly saw in a mission like 3 percent in the game. I still am pondering why Toni had to kill him. Every antagonist in GTA was killed mainly because he/she was an asshole to the main character and betrayed them.

Anyway Toni Cipriani was a really good character in my opinion. He was a good protagonist since I didn't expect Toni from GTA3 could be Toni Cipriani from LCS.

I just finished playing LCS only a few hours ago and I have another thing to complain. I was looking inside the little booklet I got with the PS2 version and I saw absolutely NO songs that I could have recognized. Every GTA game had a really good song that pretty much kept me playing it. (GTA3 - Push it to the limit *from Scarface. I recognized it instantly*, VC - I ran, San Andreas - Hellraiser,slow ride, Cult of personality, Welcome to the jungle , VCS -Bang your head (metal Health), Holy Diver) But the problem with LCS was I trusted it to have some pretty good songs on Flashback FM just like GTA3 did. But the only thing that I liked about it was the host Reni since he/she was pretty original.

Anyway the one thing that LCS had that VCS didn't was some good clothing. Like the casual, Leone suit and Tuxedo. VCS's best clothing was the casual, "hood" and Pastel suit

LCS was good in a way that it changed GTA3 into a next gen GTA game. But it didn't do the best job at it. If LCS was on PC I would create so many modifications on it.

Now lets talk about VCS. It had enormous potential and it used a lot of it. My biggest pet peeve of it was Victor Vance was so SHORT. He was so much shorter then every other character in the game. I got past that and the baldness shortly afterwards

What I liked about VCS was it created a lot of new cars. Like the streetlighter. It also had Vrock which had some of my favorite songs. Victor Vance seemed like a CJ esque character and I liked that as well. I also liked having Victor in his trailer trash clothing since it looked like he was dressing up for Halloween and going as CJ.

It also improved gameplay. It made it slightly harder. LCS's last mission was in my opinion was garbage. Firstly when you go in a boat you have a MINIGUN to take down other boats. What happened in Vice city when you had a kruger and take out boats with? Plus when you get to the lighthouse where are like 4 guys who can be easily taken out with the M4. Then you just need to take out the helecopter which if you have played GTA games for a long time is a very easy task. It did not make good use of the engine's capabilites like San Andreas did with "End of the line" Or GTA3 did with "The exchange". VCS's last mission was slightly difficult. Since you had to use a hunter to take out some guys on a building which is slightly hard. Then you had to run around with an Ak or M16 and take out like 20 something guys. Afterwards you take out a helicopter in a boss esque battle. After you get on the roof kill 2 bosses which was also pretty hard. That was a very good last mission

VCS also had a large majority of the cutscenes fully rendered with Victor Vance actually doing complicated moves and such. It was a very big turn on to the game and made LCS look very inferior

One of my favorite features in VCS was the ability to pay a simple 2000 dollar bribe to get your weapons back. It was so awesome and I did it all the time. Plus it used the Kaufman cabs like VC did which was really good for those hard missions.

Anyway VCS makes LCS look very obsolete to me now.

Edited by DarthTemplar

DarthTemplar
^ wow that was nice blush.gif

I have critiscised many games before. LCS is very easy to critiscise since I slightly regretted buying the game after playing the final mission

I liked LCS Better. I did not like the handlings of the sports cars in VCS, and i liked the missions much better in LCS.

And i didn't like the characters in VCS.

I found VCS a bit too easy and kinda boring. Its still a good game.

I loved LCS its my second favorite GTA

DarthTemplar
aight thanks 4 the info and such i RLY appreaciate it smile.gifwink.gif

So what are you deciding on?

well... i ordered GTA VCS off of amazon.ca and im waitin 4 it since december 23(they said it mite take till february 26).... BUT my friend has GTA LCS and hes selling it 4 11 to 13 bucks and im buying off of him. so im getting both but my VCS will take longer to arrive at my house.

thanks 4 askin