In Car View

visionist

Since it's almost certain we will be getting an in car view this time around, then i'd like to see R* really going to town with the details of Niko's driving style.

We already know he turns around inside the car in certain situations, such as that screenshot of him in the Red Comet being confronted by the Linerunner, and that he looks in his mirrors.

I want to see him changing gear, dependant on whether he's driving an auto, manual or semi auto, stick shift or column shift.

I wanna see him do things like change straight to a high gear if you're cruising slowly, then kickdown if you floor it, engaging reverse, doing crosshanded steering, pulling the handbrake, left foot braking, just adapting his style to the conditions and situation: Relaxed, frantic, slower if he's injured etc...

I wanna see him change the radio station, activate turn signals, turn on the headlights/wipers (he should do these things automatically- we can't be bothered to go to all that trouble ourselves), lower windows, sunvisors etc.

Although this sounds like a wishlist, and 90% of people would rather the disk space be used for some crap like pizza missions, I fervently believe R* needs to up this next gen ante, pull out all the stops, and really WOW gamers with details like this.

Is this all a first- or third-person view? I'm guessing first because third would be ridiculous.

I do agree though. I've always wanted a good in-car view where you have all these small animations. But what's with left-foot braking? I guess they could have him pile on with both feet with an emergency stop, but other than that, I think right is fine.

I agree, although most people might class it as "Too realistic for GTA", I think it would be a good addition and add a good feel to the game.

Also - if Niko can do these things - Why not peds in their own cars?

I used to have a camera mod for San Andreas on PC, it let you view in the first person while driving.

It was pretty fun actually, except all the car interiors were wicked sh*tty.

CthulhuFhtagn

Yeah, I know. HD Car Mods ftw.

This tread is worthless

It's big, it's yellow, can't you f*cking see it?

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

I think It was some info that niko could roll his window down... this was old old info..

user posted image

You want all this because you're a car freak.

It won't take up much diskspace at all. It will most likely get a bit annoying, if it disurbs your driving.

There'll be an in-car view in Midnight Club : Los Angeles, so maybe there'll be one in IV ?

But if there's one, I'm guessing how the transition will be between the in-car first person view and the third person view out of the car ???

Edited by TheTruePiMs

YourNeighborhoodKiller

The car interior in GTA IV, is really bad. So if they put this feature in they'll have to detail the inside better.

New account: Gezim

Think about how cool it would be to do a first-person drive-by if your the passenger. It waould a lot of fun online to have four friends in your car shooting everything up in a first-person mode.

CthulhuFhtagn
Think about how cool it would be to do a first-person drive-by if your the passenger. It waould a lot of fun online to have four friends in your car shooting everything up in a first-person mode.

Think about how cool it would be to kill your passenger if you're the cab driver.

This tread is worthless

It's big, it's yellow, can't you f*cking see it?

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!