Euphoria Demonstration

Fulltilt27

Hey,

I made a top earlier about Euphoria But made the mistake of not checking the search. This time i checked and didnt see anything about this.

I came across this Talked through Demo about Euphoria its based on Starwars but give you a better Look into what the engine can do.

LukeWALTON9190

i was watching this earlier

is it the one where the guy randomly scratches his face with that toy hand?

Sorry guys, but only the small bit at the beginning with Indiana Jones is relevant to GTA IV. THAT'S the Euphoria part. All the stuff with the wood/glass breaking realistically is a different technology called Digital Molecular Matter (DMM) which has never been mentioned in regards to GTA IV.

Plus, that clip is running the Havok engine, while GTA IV of course uses RAGE. Also, this vid has been posted many, many times.

Just thought I'd clear that up. smile.gif

if rockstar would add this kind of engine, it would be the best game in the world!

this hyped me again , i want gta4 !

I hope they put in smashing glass and wood like on that vid.

Yep, if you watch closely the third trailer, when niko is shooting someone upstairs with an ak-47, a plate of wood explodes like in that vid. Here's a screen :

user posted image

Yep, if you watch closely the third trailer, when niko is shooting someone upstairs with an ak-47, a plate of wood explodes like in that vid. Here's a screen :

user posted image

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Cookies for you cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

i dont know if rockstar is using DMM...

BUT THIS VID IS PRETTY SICK.

user posted image

I think that's a glass window?

Anyways, good spot! The destruction looks great!

i dont know if rockstar is using DMM...

BUT THIS VID IS PRETTY SICK.

Rockstar doesn't use DMM. Only Euphoria. So the part about the wood breaking in different ways doesn't apply to gta 4. DMM is exclusive to Lucas Arts till october (or something) this year.

user posted image

Wow ! cookie.gif i haven't noticed this before. Niko shot the guy, who kept shooting while falling on the ground.

If R* isnt using DMM then what is making the wood/glass in those pics break?

They're very own RAGE engine. Just because glass/wood breaks in GTAIV doesn't mean they use DMM. The euphoria engine is included in the rage engine, and this is the only engine confirmed not DMM.

user posted image

Jordan noticed this first wink.gif

Vercetti Gangsta

user posted image

That can easily be done without DMM. Ever played a Source based game?