2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.
Happy 25th Anniversary Grand Theft Auto!

GtaIV Map

BlueSpot

Oh cmon people. Seriously.

This is ROCKSTAR we are talking about. Do you know how many measures they take to protect every single bit of information from thirdy parties?

What would make you even THINK, that they wouldn't KNOW about this in their OWN trailer, which they assemled THEMSELVES... even if it IS for just a second in view.

Do you really think Rockstar havent been keeping up with the times?... do you know that they are FULLY aware that crazy fans have been examining these trailers to death?...

Its obvious they knew that, while they chucked this in... just to keep you all distracted from the real thing.

Remember, this would probably not even make it into the final release of the game... remember those lisence plates?

Seriously guys, I bet you're all gonna feel like fools when more information from Rockstar themselves surfaces in front of your eyes.

Stop taking things like this so seriously, realize reality.

- Jase.

but in the same time , always Rockstar Hide many things in their screens and trailers and we have to find it out by ourselves instead of reading information directly by Rockstar , this is one of Rockstar's strategies .

This is ROCKSTAR we are talking about. Do you know how many measures they take to protect every single bit of information from thirdy parties?

What would make you even THINK, that they wouldn't KNOW about this in their OWN trailer, which they assemled THEMSELVES... even if it IS for just a second in view.

Do you really think Rockstar havent been keeping up with the times?... do you know that they are FULLY aware that crazy fans have been examining these trailers to death?...

Its obvious they knew that, while they chucked this in... just to keep you all distracted from the real thing.

Remember, this would probably not even make it into the final release of the game... remember those lisence plates?

Seriously guys, I bet you're all gonna feel like fools when more information from Rockstar themselves surfaces in front of your eyes.

- Jase.

They *are* human beings you know. They do make mistakes regardless of how hard they try not to. Like the time they accidently leaked the Las Venturas map on the official GTASA German website. Then they told everybody it "wasn't the real map" and claimed it was "placeholder". sigh.gif

You're right though, they probably did know this was in the trailer. I doubt they honestly care though. It's just a map. It's hardly a big deal, and since it's so small it doesn't exactly reveal much..

Exactly!! Thank you so very much. It doesn't reveal much so why would Rockstar care. Its not like we can see the exact locations of buildings etc... So chill out bro.

Yep, I think it's some sort of instrument panel mock up, as maps don't frequently show up in vehicles... but we do have GPS these days and MAPS HAVE shown up around the previous game and that makes this speculation have debatable merit

Wouldn't it make sense if GPS tracking systems were integrated into police vehicles, not to mention the fact that Rockstar said they would take full advantage of modern-day technology?

OysterBarron

- Jase.

yeah they know its in there, they have just been laughing at the community since the trailer was out. Because none of us have noticed it until now.

I was only saying yesterday that it was strange that even though we have all seen the pictures, we are still finding stuff now thats in plain view but we all missed when they got released.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

what happened with the boxart?

It was found to be a forgery and the real one was stolen from the Smithsonian. No need to worry, Nick Gage is on the case to recover that historical treasure!!

It looks to 'blocky' to be a very good map in my mind, if it even is!

OysterBarron

the statue of liberty is here:

user posted image

Good find. Yeah, i think that's the statue of happiness

actually after looking a bit more closley there is another instrument panel to the left of this one that looks alot like the one with the map on.

it looks identical to me

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I don't know why people think its an instrument panel for something, think about it, whats it an instrument panel for?

OysterBarron
I don't know why people think its an instrument panel for something, think about it, whats it an instrument panel for?

yeah ok it really looks like a map but there is 2 of them in the cockpit why have one small map and a larger one?

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

yeah ok it really looks like a map but there is 2 of them in the cockpit why have one small map and a larger one?

1 for passanger 1 for driver

OysterBarron
and one normal, and one slightly zoomed in.

user posted image

You can make out the other island that is covered up by the speedboats window on the big map its like a C shape

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Yep, I think it's some sort of instrument panel mock up, as maps don't frequently show up in vehicles... but we do have GPS these days and MAPS HAVE shown up around the previous game and that makes this speculation have debatable merit

Wouldn't it make sense if GPS tracking systems were integrated into police vehicles, not to mention the fact that Rockstar said they would take full advantage of modern-day technology?

But it doesn't look like a very good map, with it's oddly bland shapes. Also as an instrument panel in most GTAs, no one can tell me what normal functions they equate to, for a boat, or heli, they're just generic representations. In a car there will be much unique variety among the makes, I'm sure there'll be something odd.

I do agree they're the same, as they appear, one large, one small.

EARLIER... (web page never completed) \/

This THREAD is surely clogging response time...I almost forgot my reply while waiting!

It bears to keep in mind, for those with little logic to work with. Rockstar's people in charge trailers and ads don't spend their time pondering all the elements and public perception of them... They care only to showcase the game in various aspects and highlight important story characters and elements. It's the same as any movie really, a trailer can actually give away the best moments of a film... With a game as it is interactive, that is often not the case

Edited by Slamman

user posted imageuser posted image

So it's something like that, *edited*

On that map it only shows about half the area of dukes. And from what i can tell Brooklyn is hidden below it. So where you labeled broker and Dukes it's really only half the area of Dukes.

Since we can't see the bottom right of the map, I think Broker/Dukes will instead be one big square-ish block. Kinda like Portland in GTA III, if I'm not mistaken.

for oysterbarron

OysterBarron

user posted imageuser posted image

So it's something like that, *edited*

On that map it only shows about half the area of dukes. And from what i can tell Brooklyn is hidden below it. So where you labeled broker and Dukes it's really only half the area of Dukes.

Since we can't see the bottom right of the map, I think Broker/Dukes will instead be one big square-ish block. Kinda like Portland in GTA III, if I'm not mistaken.

for oysterbarron

Oh thankyou i skipped about 3 pages of this topic. now thats a good map and it goes with what we have seen in the trailers and pictures.

I think the screenshot i use in my sig is from broker. I could be wrong though

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

^Disregard that statement by me there in that quote, I didn't notice the smaller map on the left, then.

@Slamman: It could be just like the one at the Lil Probe Inn in SA. All fuzzy and undetailed-like.

Edited by Supreme.

OysterBarron
Anyone care to graphically point out the bridge locations on that?? colgate.gif

I was thinking that and maybe start putting the locations of where certain screenshots were taken as well.

God this is big news man i cant get over it.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

NintendoFanboy
what happened with the boxart?

It was found to be a forgery and the real one was stolen from the Smithsonian. No need to worry, Nick Gage is on the case to recover that historical treasure!!

It looks to 'blocky' to be a very good map in my mind, if it even is!

Huh? How did a fan notice that?

Snake Without a Tongue

I thought it was a control panel (or other crappy pseudo-panel pasted on) at first too. But it looks like a R* interpreted map of the real area. As for it being a whole lot of nothing because it's just a trailer... I dont buy it. It just makes too much sense the map to be complete and to be displayed on the interior model.

Man why do R* gotta do everything secretly, i wish they would get into the community thing more maybe made there own official forums? and have regular staff from R* post on there ahhhh 1 can dream.........

Anyone care to graphically point out the bridge locations on that?? colgate.gif

Yeah, even the Lil Probe Inn map had lines for bridges.

user posted image

But unlike land-mass, bridges would be irrelevant to a boats' radar now wouldn't they? sly.gif

Sorry, don't have much of an idea. But one might go across the reinarnation of Roosevelt Island (the long thing one between Algonquin and Dukes?) and another will go across the tiny island just above that perhaps???

What do you guys reckon will happen at the top of Bohan, where the land is just cut off?

I hope it's not like GTA III where it was a straight drop to the sea and you couldn't get up the hilly parts. Although I can't see them doing anything else.

user posted image

NintendoFanboy

How come the map on the left looks the the one island is connected to the other but the second map looks nothing like that? And where are ALL THE BRIDGES?