2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GtaIV Map

BlueSpot

well since the map has been found i think R* should now release a more clearer version of it.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA.

I would leave it at that, but I feel I should go on.

-We don't KNOW for a FACT that it's the map, so Rockstar of course want to keep us guessing (Even if we DO find it)

-I can't picture Dan Houser like "Oh sh*t, some kid found a blurry thing that resembles a map in a screenshot, we should just hold the press conference now.

it's interesting... the island in the middle that everyone seems to think is algonquin/manhattan seems a little big to me compared to what would be dukes, broker, and bohan... especially dukes and broker as brooklyn and queens are both a lot bigger than manhattan. Perhaps this image only shows part of broker and dukes...

I also am almost positive that neither of those islands is the statue of happiness. I remember reading the topic by the guys who were trying to map out the city based on screenshots and they seemed pretty sure it was west-southwest of algonquin (just as the statue of liberty is southwest of manhattan). So what are they? One could definitely be roosevelt island. The other I was thinking is maybe rikers... which brings on a really intriguing new element we have not really seen before in GTA, prison.

CarpetDweller

Since we can't see the bottom right of the map, I think Broker/Dukes will instead be one big square-ish block. Kinda like Portland in GTA III, if I'm not mistaken.

Assuming that is the map, then we can see the bottom right part on the second map to the left of the first.

Some people have pointed out the small size of the island on the left (Alderney?). This is a map used by cops patrolling the waters around LC. If R* has put some thought into it then they would only put a map inside boats that focused on the water, not the islands. Therefore they only need to show the coast line of Alderney and the island itself could go much further west.

If this does turn out to be thefinal map - nice find.

user posted image

The other I was thinking is maybe rikers... which brings on a really intriguing new element we have not really seen before in GTA, prison.

Weren't there prisons in the original GTA's? It would be cool if they brought them back.

hopefully it is the map. and hopefully rockstar sees this. then they will know that we know partially what the map looks like, and then maybe theyll release the map!!! wow.giftounge.gif

Oh cmon people. Seriously.

This is ROCKSTAR we are talking about. Do you know how many measures they take to protect every single bit of information from thirdy parties?

What would make you even THINK, that they wouldn't KNOW about this in their OWN trailer, which they assemled THEMSELVES... even if it IS for just a second in view.

Do you really think Rockstar havent been keeping up with the times?... do you know that they are FULLY aware that crazy fans have been examining these trailers to death?...

Its obvious they knew that, while they chucked this in... just to keep you all distracted from the real thing.

Remember, this would probably not even make it into the final release of the game... remember those lisence plates?

Seriously guys, I bet you're all gonna feel like fools when more information from Rockstar themselves surfaces in front of your eyes.

Stop taking things like this so seriously, realize reality.

- Jase.

The panel is replicated to the left, so I seriously doubt it is THE map, but there's no clear indication in my mind

It could be a map of the city. But I doubt it.

It my just be a dummie map. Just to make it more realistic.

The panel is replicated to the left, so I seriously doubt it is THE map, but there's no clear indication in my mind

I thought that to, he it would be pretty funny if it WASN'T the map and just some panel, everyone will be disecting a INSTRUMENT PANEL or something.....

Assuming that is the map, then we can see the bottom right part on the second map to the left of the first.

And I quoted that picture too. suicidal.gif ...I was just looking at the one on right at that very moment. blush.gif

Some people have pointed out the small size of the island on the left (Alderney?). This is a map used by cops patrolling the waters around LC. If R* has put some thought into it then they would only put a map inside boats that focused on the water, not the islands. Therefore they only need to show the coast line of Alderney and the island itself could go much further west.

You're right, if indeed they were that thorough.

That should quell any doubts about Alderney being just a smidgen like we see. That is, if it is the actual map. wink.gif

light soda, rockstar can't do their own official boxart without any sh*t, that we have to find it for them. It's not a bad thing that they are using the fans to make their game even better but PLEASE SERIOUSLY, how could the damn guy from rockstar that made the trailer know that there is a f*cking map of the city in the cockpit of the boat...

light soda, rockstar can't do their own official boxart without any sh*t, that we have to find it for them. It's not a bad thing that they are using the fans to make their game even better but PLEASE SERIOUSLY, how could the damn guy from rockstar that made the trailer know that there is a f*cking map of the city in the cockpit...

Yeh must have been something they missed thats all..... Sometimes you guys take things to serously

NintendoFanboy
light soda, rockstar can't do their own official boxart without any sh*t, that we have to find it for them. It's not a bad thing that they are using the fans to make their game even better but PLEASE SERIOUSLY, how could the damn guy from rockstar that made the trailer know that there is a f*cking map of the city in the cockpit of the boat...

What happened with the boxart?

If that is the map, it might be some sort of radar that will be in the police boats. It resembles what we had in mind for the real map a bit, but it seems cut off in places. So maybe it isn't a static picture of the map? Maybe it will rotate as the boat turned, or just follow where the boat goes. Meaning if the boat headed north, the map would go move mor to the north. Just like how the radar works that is used in other GTA games on the HUD.

Or it just may be a placeholder that R* is using for now, and will put a more detailed map of LC later on.

Yep, I think it's some sort of instrument panel mock up, as maps don't frequently show up in vehicles... but we do have GPS these days and MAPS HAVE shown up around the previous game and that makes this speculation have debatable merit

how the f*** did he stumble upon that !!!!

so glad he did though biggrin.gif:D

easy he works 4 R* garanteed. No way one of us would see it. Good job Blue,

come on guys day after holidays news get stired up def inside job by R*, they know how to gather

publicity.

def the map

This is ROCKSTAR we are talking about. Do you know how many measures they take to protect every single bit of information from thirdy parties?

What would make you even THINK, that they wouldn't KNOW about this in their OWN trailer, which they assemled THEMSELVES... even if it IS for just a second in view.

Do you really think Rockstar havent been keeping up with the times?... do you know that they are FULLY aware that crazy fans have been examining these trailers to death?...

Its obvious they knew that, while they chucked this in... just to keep you all distracted from the real thing.

Remember, this would probably not even make it into the final release of the game... remember those lisence plates?

Seriously guys, I bet you're all gonna feel like fools when more information from Rockstar themselves surfaces in front of your eyes.

- Jase.

They *are* human beings you know. They do make mistakes regardless of how hard they try not to. Like the time they accidently leaked the Las Venturas map on the official GTASA German website. Then they told everybody it "wasn't the real map" and claimed it was "placeholder". sigh.gif

You're right though, they probably did know this was in the trailer. I doubt they honestly care though. It's just a map. It's hardly a big deal, and since it's so small it doesn't exactly reveal much..

48 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

30 Members: LCM, Azil2fu, LIGTHER, doomdiver_16, BlueSpot, Hurrikane, Chargr, NintendoFanboy, D-RU, Tradan, lastdayever666, josh995, mattymcs, Mr. Someguy, Slamman, JimDiggins, rory990, Garbuio, king gta, gamefarter, stij, ProEvo2007, Phil112, supermati, trains, hansssi, k1x-, Darrel, xcroptic, Light_Soda

YOU FOUND THE MAP!!!!! orly.giforly.giforly.giforly.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Everybody remember this day, this guy.

how the f*** did he stumble upon that !!!!   

so glad he did though biggrin.gif:D

easy he works 4 R* garanteed. No way one of us would see it. Good job Blue,

come on guys day after holidays news get stired up def inside job by R*, they know how to gather

publicity.

def the map

he works for r* doubt it

ino some people on here do but why would he do this , why don't rockstar just release ?

- Jase.

they just do secrets... just like all other gtas.. hidden things wink.gif... rockstar are back smile.gif

30 Members: LCM, Azil2fu, LIGTHER, doomdiver_16, BlueSpot, Hurrikane, Chargr, NintendoFanboy, D-RU, Tradan, lastdayever666, josh995, mattymcs, Mr. Someguy, Slamman, JimDiggins, rory990, Garbuio, king gta, gamefarter, stij, ProEvo2007, Phil112, supermati, trains, hansssi, k1x-, Darrel, xcroptic, Light_Soda

YOU FOUND THE MAP!!!!! orly.giforly.giforly.giforly.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

52 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

32 Members: rory990, LCM, doomdiver_16, Turk_B, skyline93, xcroptic, king gta, FiS!!HeR, carpetdweller, mattymcs, D-RU, Kimd41, hansssi, Gangster07, NintendoFanboy, Dan VII, josh995, BigRome, Garbuio, Prince-Link, Phil112, Azil2fu, lastdayever666, Mr. Someguy, Slamman, JimDiggins, gamefarter, stij, ProEvo2007, supermati, trains, k1x-

UPDATE LMFAO !!

YOU FOUND THE MAP!!!!! orly.gif  orly.gif  orly.gif  orly.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

52 User(s) are reading this topic (18 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

32 Members: rory990, LCM, doomdiver_16, Turk_B, skyline93, xcroptic, king gta, FiS!!HeR, carpetdweller, mattymcs, D-RU, Kimd41, hansssi, Gangster07, NintendoFanboy, Dan VII, josh995, BigRome, Garbuio, Prince-Link, Phil112, Azil2fu, lastdayever666, Mr. Someguy, Slamman, JimDiggins, gamefarter, stij, ProEvo2007, supermati, trains, k1x-

UPDATE LMFAO !!

ermm. It's on the front page: http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php Why wouldn't it have a lot of people looking at it confused.gif